Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest guyjr

Few things I noticed -1. Beech crashed as I taxied down the taxiway next to the buildings / runway at Princess Juliana. Didn't look like there were any airport vehicles near the plane at the time either (not near enough to cause a crash anyway).2. Slewed up to 35k feet, I see weird triangle shaped shades of color (large triangles) overlaying the ground. Seems like the terrain isn't being rendered properly at further distances from the plane. I did jack the settings all the way to max tho, just to see what would happen.3. Water shimmers with waaaay too many black lines when under around 30 feet AGL (as viewed from outside the plane). Above 30 feet AGL it just snaps to a much more reasonable (and realistic looking) water... most of the weird black blotches go away, but they do so instantly, and reappear instantly if going back under around 30 feet AGL. (I _was_ trying some nap-of-the-earth flying with the Beech at the time, skimming the surface, buzzing the boats, etc... what fun!)system specs: Athlon 4000+, nv6800 Ultra w/256MB, 2GB ram, running at 1280x1024x32, pretty much all settings at max. (edit - running latest forceware drivers too - 91.31).Other than this, I am quite impressed. I think this is definitely a good release, just needs to be cleaned up a bit. Perhaps the night lighting can be enhanced as well, tho I'm sure a 3rd party can come along and implement perhaps a more realistic environment for that in the future.

>>- Is there AI in the demo? I have seen no aircraft take off>or land even when set at 100%>>SD Yep. I have a video I took of a Baron taxiing and taking off.

I had the same problem. I discovered that the brake message would go away if I applied full brakes, so I fixed it by going into the calibration program and reversing the x & y axis.Robert

Hi guysMy main issue is: FRAME RATESI initially wacked up the sliders to full, and unsurprisingly the sim basically came to halt.. it was worse than a slide-show. I think I got about 2 minutes per frame..then I reset to default, and still a slide show but *just about* flyable.lovely looking sim when the sliders are up but I'm afraid it's completely unflyableI'm running a 3 Ghz P4 with a 512meg ATI X800XL graphics card. 2 Gigs of DDR Ram too!!! every other game I have is really smoothe, including FS2004 - with sliders maxed.Well it's a Beta I suppose so I guess you have to expect things like this but I'm beginning to think I might not bother with FSX if the framerates are like this in the real thingChrisEDIT: ok I'd just like to qualify this rather sweeping statement slightly.. I just did a flight in the beaver and WOWOWOWOW! Amazing water effects. I also did the CRJ mission into Princess Juliana.. great ATC, love it, and the CRJ handled quite well. The strobe light effects are a bit pear-shaped though. The framerates were still not the best but it was flyable. The first time I played it, I was using the Beech Baron and got terrible framerates - perhaps there is a problem with that aircraft? Hmm...So don't take my rant above quite so seriously please...but the FPS could be a bit better

I have the same pedals, and had the same issue until I reversed the pedals in the axes assignments. I also maxed the sensitivity and minimalized the null zone. After that, They were usable. Off course, some finetuning may be necessary after that. In FS9, I use fsuipc to control my input devices so I'm still finding out what has been improved in the FSX controls.Allard Sijm,Hengelo,Netherlands

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

The demo seems quite good. Obviously there are a few bugs in the graphics. I have seen AI cars that disappear into the sand :-lolI also checked whether my favorite addon planes work:POSKY 747 ClassicPOSKY A340Mike Stone's A330MelJet's 744FFX DC-10All of these planes suffer from transparent textures, which is down to the Alpha Channel in the bitmaps. The control surfaces work fully, I'm glad to say :)

Guest adevins

The 747 that departs after you land the CRJ mission takes off and flys through the mountain.Nice effect - ghost planes. :D

Guest alphaone

Mine turned away like it should. I did find a ghost cruise ship though. Over at the dock on the dutch side there was one cruise ship that I could see on one side of the dock, and on the other side there was another one but you could only see the railings on the deck :)One cool thing though is when I flew yesterday those ships weren't there on the dutch side, there was only the one by the airport.

Guest adevins

>Mine turned away like it should. ah ok, mine just climbed then leveled out before it cleared the mountain

Guest LucasStL

With default settings I get around 40-50FPS - I suppose I should count myself lucky. I'm running a AMD Opteron 146 @ 2.85ghz w/ 1gig Mushkin Redline Ram and an ATi Radeon X800XL. With scenery on Ultra-High setting (sliders not maxed) I'm getting 10-20fps. I'm definately seeing all the described problems....blacked out cockpits - odd lighting effects on exterior models with beacon flashing, etc.

>3.I don't mean to get too demanding considering there were no>cars in fs2004,but in FSX cars go only one direction and there>are no cars going the other way which sometimes make roads>look like a baggage belt at an airport. Ordinarily, cars in FSX only appear on divided highways. Since there are't any divided highways in this scenery, I suspect they tweaked it to at least get traffic flowing in ONE direction...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,The only way I got them working in FS9 was to reverse the axes as described above, AND then in the calibrate screen press the Reset Defaults button and DON'T CALIBRATE THEM EVER AGAIN.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Bergziege

hi, just my jew cents after testing for about 3h.cons:- NO HYPERTHREATING ?!- no seetings for step size when 'walking' outside the aircraft- texture failure: rooftops autogen buildings; autogen vehicles; taxiway signs- perimeter pence cuts objects behind- taxi/runway lights too big- could not see through virtual cockpit glas (CRJ; DHC)- not enough settings for all the functionspros:- mouse as yoke (great for ibm thinkpad users)- great airplane design (as standart aircraft)- active camera included !?- great virtual cockpits- great framerate even when running from the virtual cockpit on 2560x1024pxmain reason for not buying:-> hyperthreatingmain reason for buying.-> great standart scenery and planes-> good framerate at highest settingsgreez BergziegePS.: images showing the errors above on my HP http://berndnet-2006.jg-klotzsche.de/site/...lder=FSX%20DEMO

Guest alphaone

>- NO HYPERTHREATING ?!I think you mean hyperthreading. And I'm not sure what hyperthreading has to do with this game...The fence cutting off the objects behind it is a known bug, as said in the readme.