Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Allard,Thank you, thank you, thank you... These were your magic words that has fixed my pedal problem that has been giving me a whole lot of grief since yesterday... I also maxed the sensitivity and minimalized the null zone. After that, They were usable.Great now I can really enjoy this beast and start tweaking to my heart's content.Thanks also to all the others who offered suggestions, you were all a great help.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest heclak

I'm kinda happy with the demo considering its based on the beta. I'm impressed it runs smoothly on my system at 15fps. Although the number seems low. Its fluid. Amazing. Kudos to the new engine. The ground textures doesn't seem high res yet. I believe i'm seeing the mipmaps. Maybe its my system. No idea. I love the addition in atc for taxi to refuel. I have a suggestion for this. When you reach the fuel station. You use the atc and request refueling to start. The operator ask for engine shutdown before refuel starts. This is quite a simple thing i would believe. I seriously hope it can be added or maybe for future versions. Topping up fuel with engines running is awfully dangerous and unreal. It would be even better if the refuel was slowing topping up the tanks instead of jumping to full. It would also help with aerial refueling creation. Is aerial refueling possible in FSX?Whatever happens. Great work ACES. You certainly deserve glory. All Hail ACES.HectorP2.8 6600GT 512MB RAM

Guest Mass_82

>Absolutely LOVE the water, reflections, waves, etc. The water>alone is a huge plus for this version.yes, but why i can't see these effects on fsx water?I've an ATI RADEON 9250 256mb.please help me, thanks !!!

Guest vas_yan

My system consists of an X2 3800@2.55, 6600GT, 1Gb RAM.The sim can be run solidly at 30fps with relatively high settings i.e. 1360x768, 2xAA and 4xFSAA (forced by driver), mid 2 water, AI in the middle, normal autogen etc. Nevertheless, it is very disappointing to see the second core doing nothing. FSX was the very reason I switched to dual core. I am really hoping for a statement from the ACES team that both cores will be fully utilised by the final version.There are also two other worrying issues so far. 1. Only during panning I lose consistently 30-50% of my frames, i.e. from 30 down to 15-20. 2. The shader 2 water appears not to be loading beyond a fixed distance from the plane. It seems like a dark blue bar is encircling the plane approximately 30 miles away from it. The higher up you fly the more this is apparent.Finally, I think that people shouldn't try to measure their performance around St.Maarten. The whole island is a very HQ addon with many objects and it is expected that it will drive frames down. Try some other default islands to really determine your performance.Kind regards,

>>Absolutely LOVE the water, reflections, waves, etc. The>water>>alone is a huge plus for this version.>>>yes, but why i can't see these effects on fsx water?>>I've an ATI RADEON 9250 256mb.>>please help me, thanks !!!Your card is a DirectX 8 card and not a DirectX9 card, and therefore does not support the shaders used to for the reflections etc.You can move up to a DirectX 9 card like the Radeon 9550 for a little as $55, or up to twice that for a really nice 9600XT.Either of those should provide you with better frames and give you your reflections.

During flight (various aircraft) the panel background texture, the interior textures, and the ground textures suddenly turn to a very blurred state. It is as if the program believes that it is short on resources and compensates. I also have the black/day and red/night Beaver windows. Ok when I first loaded the sim but it may have begun after going to night for the first time.Moved the Real Air C172 to FSX. Works quite well.My impression is that with the General Realism slider to the right the landings are much easier to achieve. In fact the entire flight is quite smooth, much like X-Plane. However, there are stutters and pauses at times. Perhaps this requires some CFG parameter changes.Clouds seem to take a lower toll on FPS that FS9 - good!Traffic of any kind does quickly reduce FPS.The sudden switching to blurred textures is my greatest concern.It would be nice if there was an update in 30 days. We can help....Thanks,Dick Boley2ghz AMD, 512mb, Radeon 9800SE 128mb. Running at 1280x1024 16.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Vorlin

For John Bower:"1/ VC - noticed that it seemed somewhat transparent, you could see the scenery through the panel"John, I found this confusing because I've not seen even a hint of transparency in the VC but your question did trigger one thing in my memory:If you select the 2d rather than the VC, the 2d allows you to set it's transparency level. Could you double check that you didn't swap into the 2d? That may be the reason you can see through your panel.Scott / Vorlin

For the record, the demo installed fine on my x64 machine, the first time. Downloaded directly from the MS FS site.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hope this gets into the suggestion box...Anyway to include a waterway to start from for seaplanes in that drop down list of runways? I know we can start on asphalt and slew out, but would be nice to start on waterNot mission critical at this stagethanksBill

Guest Mass_82

thanks.in others games (as ship simulator) the water rilections works fine...anyway i'm not an expert...thank you.

Guest jcmckeown

First of all I would like to say that the demo in general looks very promising. I can see many things improved over FS9!However, I was really hoping that FSX would support dual core (I remember seeing in the forums that it would) but unfortunately it doesn't. Only one of the cores seems to get used which is consistent with what other people are reporting. Maybe this is a bug of the demo but would be real nice if Mike could give us an indication of whether or not this is a bug and if the final version will support both cores.IMHO not using half of the onboard processing power is a great pity and I really hope that this will get solved.Rgds,JCMK

After downloading real world weather (static or updating) or setting my own weather, and then trying to access the failiure menu in the "Free flight" menu, I get this error: "Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight Simulator will now exit. You may not have enough free space on your hard drive. Run Disk Cleanup to free up space, and then try running Flight Simulator again."I also get this error sometimes when trying to enter the failiures menu when I'm in the aircraft.Now, I have about 70 GB of free hard drive space. When I saw the message I opened up the task manager, and saw that I had about 400 MB of free RAM.I also get the "Font "Eurostile Bold" (12) isn't found; using "Arial" instead." error on startup I think I saw someone else mention earlier in the thread. Not really a big problem, but it's kind of annoying. :)Another thing I noticed. After taking the ultralight up to 99 999 999 ft and pausing, when moving the camera (changing zoom and stuff), sometimes I get some strange effect that makes the stars and stuff start to blur and stuff. Makes for a kind of warp speed effect ;) See attached image.Also, should there be animals in the demo? I haven't seen any, and I were really looking foward to seeing some dolphins or something :-rollMy system:Dell Dimension 8300 (an old, old computer ;))Pentium 4 HT 2,6 GHz1 GB RAMXFX GeForce 6200 256 MB AGP, latest drivers (91.31)Klas Bj

Hi,Haven't got hold of the demo yet so please excuse me if this question has been asked before:How does cloud overcast look like, can you still see the ground no matter the density.Really hope this has been addressed, I really want it to be total overcast when it's supposed to.Regards,Eirik

Guest ac772LR

Not to be that guy, but I have to pipe in about frames. I just bought a new computer, and with all the settings at maximum, the best I could get on my Dell monitor at 1680x1050 was about 4-5 FPS. I love the new features, but what kind of supercomputer do we need to run FSX so that we can take advantage of all its new eye candy? And please, don't get me wrong, I love the game, but I just can't believe I might need to but another computer just to run the thing at a decent playable level. Can this just be because the code hasn't been fully optimized yet? Will that really make that much of a difference? Will Vista and the new DX10 + a DX10 video card improve FPSs significantly?Anyway, I must say, I