Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

>>2: The cars down there. Some of em shows only black or white>all over? All the airport service cars got that prob, but only>SOME of the "personal" cars on the road got it..? >Also, is the cars not too fast? >Kasper the readme specifically says that the cars are not fully functioning yet.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I'll save MS the trouble of answering these:>>-airport textures flashing in and out and airport vehicles>disappearing then reappearing.>This is a documented bug in the readme.>-CRJ VC could use some more functionality. It seems that you>can do more in 2D than in VC as far as switches, etc...maybe>its not fully complete yet. >ACES has already commented that not all of the CRJ VC gauges are hooked up yet.Rhett

Rhett

Guest jboweruk

BTW sorry, sorted the brakes issue out too. Needed to adjust the dead zone to zero. Don't know why zero though but it cured it.

Guest Bergziege

hi, just want to tell something after a few more hours of testing.after buying a geforce 7800GS all texture problems where gone ;-) (afaik)but the main problem still exist. i am not able to get it run on the 2nd cpu and i am not able to deactivate hyperthreading without a windows bluescreen at startup (bad_pool_caller). so i hope there is a multi cpu support under win xp in the final (pro) edition.and yes, I LOVE THE WATER ;-)greez bergziegeps.: pictures -> http://berndnet-2006.jg-klotzsche.de/site/...e%20Grafikkarte

How about making ground airport vehicles (NOT the AI planes) visible while in the multiplayer enviroment? I cannot fathom why nobody at ACES did not think of this??? Why make it so us users at VATSIM/IVAO are AGAIN left out with new features (don't even start with the shared skies thing as most ppl on Vatsim/Ivao have no use for that). Wouldn't have been great to fly online on Vatsim and have not only live aircraft but have AI airport vehicles as well.....come on..at least give us this as I know the ships/boats are also turned off as well in the MP mode.

Eric 

A few issues I see, other than what was documented in the readme:1. Autogen. I'm not sure if it's working 100% correctly or not. I hope not, because anything above 'normal' is a smoothness-killer on my pretty solid machine. But I guess if thats the drawback, that's it.2. Is the AA working right? Sometimes it looks wierd with the water effects. I'll try a different driver ver and see.3. Minor issue. Are the landing lights supposed to be improved? They're the same as with FS2004. Which was the same as FS2002. :) Not that I mind.4. Seaplane water fx foam at 1 knot. :) Someone else mentioned this.Even with high graphics settings, my rig pulls pretty smoothly through the demo (20+ fps), the only bad spots are when Autogen is turned up all the way, and I'm near a dense forest.Salient System Specs:3700+ (@2.4 ghz), 2 gigs of good ram, 7800 GT (77.79 driver), less than 25 running processes, defragged and optimized.Rhett

Rhett

Another flickering issue, but I think this one is different from the one mentioned in the readme file (and a few posts up): runway and some aircraft cockpit textures are flickering/flashing badly. (The runway is a problem when you're on it or close to it; an example of the aircraft problem is the crossbar on the ultralight that you see in VC mode.) It looks like exactly the same problem I used to have with FS9, which was resolved by unchecking the "transform and lighting" option. That option doesn't seem to exist in FSX, and again, this doesn't seem to be the apron texture issue described in the demo's readme file.In other threads I noticed that in the past, other users seemed to have exactly the same issue (and solution) with video cards other than my own, but fwiw I have a Radeon 9800XT.Ideas?

Allright then.Very nice reflections, water, general improvements in the interface, plane selection, screenshots. real feeling of flight... (head bob) etc... great work..But I do hope that the final version of FSX will be more stable... The overall impression is of a very "delicate" software, lockups each 5 minutes stability issues.. cockpits turning black, water flooding everything, By the way I'm running FSX at 1920 x 1200, AA > Application controlled Aniso filtering 16 x Anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering enabled in FSX . No autogen or Dinamyc scenery or traffic, because they kill the fps's.Another issue I've noticed is that when the menu bar (pulldown > ALT key) is visible, the simulator stutters just a little, at 30 + FPS.If I press the ALT key for a while in order to hide the menu bar, the stutters are far more noticeable, even at 30 + FPS.The beaver seems to be much more stable than the baron or the ultra light, for whatever reason.The anti-aliasing settings of the graphics card drivers seem to have no influence in FSX, only with the internal FSX AA I've noticed a difference. In the same rig I run FS 2004 quite smootly with 8xS AA 8x Aniso, Best quality, V-Sync enabled, and AA disabled in FS 2004 internally.AC5

>On the main free flight menu, if I try to go to failures i>get something like 'your system has run out of available>resources and fsx will now close'Had this too, but I think the message was "out of available memory"WinXP SP2ATI 9600XTAMD 64 3500+ winchesterscott s..

I've flown around for quite some time now trying to find any sign of animal life, which I haven't found.Then I searched the fsx.cfg-file for "animal", and found this: "User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMisc"Seems there should be a folder in the FSX-rootSimObjects folder called "Animals", which would probably contain the animal models and such (as it does the boats and ground vehicles). Now, I don't have this folder. I don't know if that is because it should not have been installed, or if it's because of some error. Maybe I'm even wrong in my assumption that the folder is used for that.Now, please, if someone else, perhaps even someone who has seen animals? (maybe that's everyone but me? ;)) could check their folders for this, and reply, I would appreciate that very much. I would really like to see some animals :)Thank you in advance for doing this for me :)Klas

Guest jcomm

Overall I am very well impressed by this demo.1(+) I welcome the new features (many!!!) and even something I was not really waiting for - better stall/spin dynamics on the default aircraft. Internaly the FSX team solved a small bug inherited between versions starting with fs2002.2(+) I haven't yet had the chance to thouroughly test it but I believe I am feeling better ground friction coeficients (both rolling and sideways) because under strong crosswinds the airplanes sideslip a lot less on the rw after landing. 3(-) At least two infamous bugs have been ported to the~new MSFS version, and I fear they will not be corrected on the final release:- the erroneous behaviour of the turn coordinator, with the ball tied to an internal variable that does not measure what the ball on a t&s indicator is supposed to measure, and the turn coordinator still being useless in as far as performing standard rate turns goes.- the "Leaning" bug, due to the way the engine model ties Fuel Flow to RPM, causing FF to increase (during the first steps) when we lean an engine at 5000' or above. EGT correctly rises, but FF starts increasing and only then decreases. Leaning *** ALLWAYS *** results on a FF decrease!!! This happens because internaly MSFS has a direct dependence of FF on engine RPM, and since properly leaning an engine results on performance gains and thus higher RPMs, FF increases...

Guest shoreboy31

>I've flown around for quite some time now trying to find any>sign of animal life, which I haven't found.>>Then I searched the fsx.cfg-file for "animal", and found this:>>>"User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter>SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanes>SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraft>SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehicles>SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoats>SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimals>SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMisc">>Seems there should be a folder in the FSX-rootSimObjects>folder called "Animals", which would probably contain the>animal models and such (as it does the boats and ground>vehicles). Now, I don't have this folder. I don't know if that>is because it should not have been installed, or if it's>because of some error. Maybe I'm even wrong in my assumption>that the folder is used for that.>>Now, please, if someone else, perhaps even someone who has>seen animals? (maybe that's everyone but me? ;)) could check>their folders for this, and reply, I would appreciate that>very much. I would really like to see some animals :)>>Thank you in advance for doing this for me :)>>KlasNope, don't have that folder either, but have seen seagulls around the lighthouse and container ship after taking off from Princess Juliana. They are in a rather small flock, seem unphased by the presence of an aircraft (I flew right into one) cause no damage to the aircraft, and are rather poorly modeled up close, but seem convincing from afar.My settings are as follows:Everything maxxed!!for some odd reason I am able to do this and actually get away with it, My FPS hover in the range of 10-17 with all the sliders in every setting screen all the way to the right.Dell Dimension 30002.8Ghz 512Mb RAMATI Radeon 9250 256Mb PCI Vid cardOne issue I do have, and I've tried every possible setting in FSX and in my Video Card controls, and cannot for the life of me get the cool "mirror" reflections that I see on everyone else's screenshots. In fact my water in the Demo looks exactly like the water in FS9 including the shadow caused by my aircraft instead of a cool realistic reflection. I've even updated my drivers, and downloaded the lastest version of DirectX today, and still no-joy. Although when I first load into the sim the "new" water does flash into being and back off again several times very quickly before turning back to the "FS9-ish" water. Any suggestions?

Guest PeterGelleri

Some bugs I've encountered while flying the Ultralight using VC view:1. Crossbar movement is reversed in VC. When I pull my yoke, the bar should be pushed. Crossbar/wing animation is correct in outside views but it's wrong (reversed) in VC.2. VC is too high. From this view, the aircraft appears to be floating in the air while it should be on the ground (outside view is OK again). If you don't know what I mean, just taxi close to a Baron and you'll see it. 3. After shutting down the engine, the prop does not stop spinning in VC. Thanks for the demo. I'll look forward to the final product.Peter

>How about making ground airport vehicles (NOT the AI planes)>visible while in the multiplayer enviroment? I cannot fathom>why nobody at ACES did not think of this??? Why make it so us>users at VATSIM/IVAO are AGAIN left out with new features>(don't even start with the shared skies thing as most ppl on>Vatsim/Ivao have no use for that). Wouldn't have been great to>fly online on Vatsim and have not only live aircraft but have>AI airport vehicles as well.....come on..at least give us this>as I know the ships/boats are also turned off as well in the>MP mode.The problem, and I think the reason AI isn't implemented in MP mode is who's system will control it? If everyone had their own AI vehicles activated, Other MP users can potentially run in to it as there's is probably not in sync with other MP users. For this to work you would need to have 1 system be the controlling system and generate the AI for all the other MP users.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d