Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Kudos to you, dear Rudi, for your absolutely great response. You are an absolute gem for the community. Will be doing some tests later with a fellow pilot and captain from Lufthansa Group today and report back.

Cheers Baz

• Like 2

Question to see if this is happening to anyone else using the Vertx DA62.  I have the config app set to "remember" whenever I'm done with a flight I clean up and shut down the AC completely, shut down my sim.  The next time I use the 62, as soon as I add battery power, the flaps automatically move into the takeoff position.  I have read the entire manual, and the cockpit state section specifically on page 11.  I can't figure out why this happens. So I'm raising the question here to see if anyone had the same experience and manage to correct it? 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

7 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Question to see if this is happening to anyone else using the Vertx DA62.  I have the config app set to "remember" whenever I'm done with a flight I clean up and shut down the AC completely, shut down my sim.  The next time I use the 62, as soon as I add battery power, the flaps automatically move into the takeoff position.  I have read the entire manual, and the cockpit state section specifically on page 11.  I can't figure out why this happens. So I'm raising the question here to see if anyone had the same experience and manage to correct it? 

You might try the following: After changing/retracting flaps, do nothing for 10 seconds, notably not reload the aircaft, not load another one, not shut down P3D. Does this help?

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Hello Rudi, yes if I clean up after a flight, shut down, and don't leave the sim, Everything remains as I left it before I shut down.  This issue only happens when I "quit" P3D and come back. However, this isn't what I expected after reading page 11 of the manual 

"REMEMBER

With this setting enabled, every time you load the DA62, everything in the cockpit will be the way you left it on your last flight. If the engines were running when you last used the DA62, then the engines will be running when you next load the DA62. If the flaps were down, or the doors were open, or the master switch was off, those settings will all be the same when you next load the DA62"

So my question is, is this happening just with me, or is this the way it is for everyone?

Edited by jalbino59

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

@jalbino59

I tried it several times by P3D shutdown (and several times reload a/c only), no problems here. Would be interesting what user "everyone" says...

You might try to "reset ini files", user guide page 23.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

@rudi0310, very good suggestion, I will try that. 

Edited by jalbino59
  • Like 1

Jose A.

Purchased over the weekend.  Lot of planes going to be sitting in the hanger for a while.  Absolutely love it and I'm using it to take a deeper dive into the G1000.  Having a blast.  Very stable and great performance on my rig, which is not bleeding edge to say the least.   Highly recommend this addon!

• Like 1

This has to be the TOP addon for anyone who has an aging computer and wants a new, highly functional plane. It's amazing (just purchased yesterday, and I have 9+ hours on it so far)! I cannot believe how high my fps are!

Edited by rightseat

On 1/20/2019 at 6:29 PM, jalbino59 said:

Hello Rudi, yes if I clean up after a flight, shut down, and don't leave the sim, Everything remains as I left it before I shut down.  This issue only happens when I "quit" P3D and come back. However, this isn't what I expected after reading page 11 of the manual 

"REMEMBER

With this setting enabled, every time you load the DA62, everything in the cockpit will be the way you left it on your last flight. If the engines were running when you last used the DA62, then the engines will be running when you next load the DA62. If the flaps were down, or the doors were open, or the master switch was off, those settings will all be the same when you next load the DA62"

So my question is, is this happening just with me, or is this the way it is for everyone?

As the remenber replay it's correct , you find you DA62 as you let it after close your sim .. and Always

Patrick

56 minutes ago, Neptune said:

As the remenber replay it's correct , you find you DA62 as you let it after close your sim .. and Always

Not in my case, obviously I've done something incorrectly. I will find a solution myself eventually. Thank you for your concern.  

Jose A.

7 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

Dear Haseen,

your questions have no relationship to Little Navmap anymore (there is also a LNM subsection here at AVSIM). "We"  try to collect any questions regarding the Vertx DA 62 in this thread

Dear Ruedi:

'you might post your questions there. Or one of the mods might merge the threads.

To include the ILS RWY 11 approach at VGSY only there is no simple way AFAIK. I use the nav data from https://www.fsaerodata.com/ and had a quick look, this approach is included, but I did not fly it, not sure if it works, if the data of "airport itself" "differ" from the nav data base, which might have caused the "parallel shift" you observed at VGHS, or if there are other issues.

I moved from P3D default nav data to FSAerodata, and I do not know which scenery addons you have installed, to recommend an airport makes no sense IMO. Aero sors you use does not update approaches/procedures AFAIK. The P3D default data are from 2005, all major airports wordlwide have had ILS approaches to that date. Notably in Europe, US, Canada. EDDF, KJFK, KSFO, KLAX, KSEA, KATL... In the approach page of the Vertx G1000, you can change airport while on ground and have a look this way which approaches/transitions a particular airport has.

Cheers

Rudi.'

Thanks for your comments. 

I tried manually tuned ILS approach at VGHS rw14 with default airplane Commander AC 11 and Mooney Bravo (not G1000). They can intercept and maintain LOC properly. But Vertx DA62 can not. I don't use any scenery other than aero sors.fr nsv data.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

OK,

So I managed to catch one of those CTDs.

The faulting module as per the event viewer is kernellbase.dll. The CTD happened as I was trying to activate the approach to EDDK.

Code slider at 20% and the other settings as per the guide to reduce redraw load.

any ideas?

6 hours ago, haseen said:

Dear Ruedi,

Thanks for your comments. 

I tried manually tuned ILS approach at VGHS rw14 with default airplane Commander AC 11 and Mooney Bravo (not G1000). They can intercept and maintain LOC properly. But Vertx DA62 can not. I don't use any scenery other than aero sors.fr nsv data.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Dear Haseen,

good to know. Thanks from my side for testing this.

Cheers

Rudi

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

Dear Ruedi:

Last night I tried to fly LPV at KSLE rw 31. Though I read G1000 manual partly, I have some confusions. If I want to takeoff from KSLE rw 31, turn right 90 deg, then again 90 deg, i.e. right downwind to rw 31, fly at 3000 abeam NECIP, and then intercept the LPV approach, what should I do in the g1000?

1. I made a flight plan from KSLE to KSLE, selected and activated rw 31 LPV approach. But is it a must that I select GLORR transition? Any way, I activated NECIP to LOTKE leg, then the MFD map froze, I can't see the airplane symbol in the map any more. I don't know where I am. My only reference is top line of PFD which shows the waypoint the plane is heading to.

2. What are "VECTORS" in the approach transition selection and what happens if I choose that instead of GLORR?

3. I maintained 3000 ft from NECIP to LOTKE, armed APP, white GP appeared.  I crossed LOTKE, but the approach vertical guidance 'gp' scale and magenta diamond never showed in the PFD. What were my mistakes?

4. At the begining, could I select 'direct to' to KSLE and then select approach?

5. If I want to select 'dir to' to a waypoint which is part of the active flight plan and then want to follow rest of the waypoints of the flight plan, what should I do?

Please help.

Haseen.

Edited by haseen

7 hours ago, haseen said:

Dear Ruedi:

Last night I tried to fly LPV at KSLE rw 31. Though I read G1000 manual partly, I have some confusions. If I want to takeoff from KSLE rw 31, turn right 90 deg, then again 90 deg, i.e. right downwind to rw 31, fly at 3000 abeam NECIP, and then intercept the LPV approach, what should I do in the g1000?

1. I made a flight plan from KSLE to KSLE, selected and activated rw 31 LPV approach. But is it a must that I select GLORR transition? Any way, I activated NECIP to LOTKE leg, then the MFD map froze, I can't see the airplane symbol in the map any more. I don't know where I am. My only reference is top line of PFD which shows the waypoint the plane is heading to.

2. What are "VECTORS" in the approach transition selection and what happens if I choose that instead of GLORR?

3. I maintained 3000 ft from NECIP to LOTKE, armed APP, white GP appeared.  I crossed LOTKE, but the approach vertical guidance 'gp' scale and magenta diamond never showed in the PFD. What were my mistakes?

4. At the begining, could I select 'direct to' to KSLE and then select approach?

5. If I want to select 'dir to' to a waypoint which is part of the active flight plan and then want to follow rest of the waypoints of the flight plan, what should I do?

Please help.

Haseen.

Dear Haseen,

somewhat simplified:

1 - When map gets stuck, have a look into the DA 62 user guide page 22 (and 21). No need to use GLORR transition. NECIP (initial approach fix in this case) at 3000 ft MSL might be a good choice.
2 - "Vectors (to final)" means, (the ATC advised you) to perform a "direct-to" to the final approach fix LOTKE. For this approach, faf and glide path intercept point (this one you need) are identical. No inital approach or intermediate approach segment in this case.
3 - Allowing/performing descend to 2100 ft might be the solution in your case, and compare with video part 4B. The altitude at the glide path intercept point LOTKE is 2100 ft MSL. If you are too high, you are above glide path. No intercept possible. Might depend on nav data base which solutions are possible and if they work.

4 - Depends on your current position when activating (not selecting) approach if this makes sense. If yes, it should work. If it is a real direct to you might have to cancel direct-to first via menu
5 Two of several solutions how to enable waypoint sequencing of a GPS flight plan and what to look for you can watch (in another context) in video part 4C, start at 16:24

Cheers,
Rudi

• Like 1

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig