Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

Hi Rudi, I tried the "direct to" again, this time AKANU.

direct-to symbol is shown to AKANU, AFCS shows GPS, AP, YD, FLC 93KT in green.

After 1-2 minutes direct-to is replaced by a random flightplan segment (VA020 -> VA021) and the aircraft looses the track.

Doing the direct-to a second time all is good. If nobody else makes this experience I might just do a reinstall.

I don't think I can add pictures here.

Thanks for the help

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

I found I have problems with direct to also until I delete the current flight plan, which doesn't seem right.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

3 hours ago, Bazza744 said:

.... happened again today in EDDN. Approach for ILS28, after direct ABG (iaf) FPL jumps to a random segment and the DA62 turns straight towards the field, ignoring the procedure to OSNUB. Again, only a manual intercept of LOC/GS worked 😝

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e68LKT-CtkGxYVmyynk0K6CJTEW8EZon and https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d0hrDe3H3wGcASe2bjGHcpje6rWmsK5x

Dear Baz,

you mentioned you use FSAerodata 1901? There must be something corrupt in your nav data base or your data have its origin in an airport addon. 

I checked this with the actual AIP Germany, the actual Jeppesen charts, my P3D installation (FSAerodata AIRAC 1901, checked by Little Navmap).  And compared these sources with your screenshots, found several differences to my data.

1 - You write initial approach fix is AGB, but your screenshots show ALB (this might be Allersberg VOR, not operational anymore). In my case (charts, DA62 etc) there is no feeder (transition) ALB or AGB available, there is a total of 8 transitions (plus "vectors" which starts at faf OSNUB), two of them start at VORs, NUB and ERL There is no waypoint or VOR ALB or AGB.

2 - The  final approach fix is OSNUB. Not FI28 as shown in your screenshot.

3 - Your screenshot shows a waypoint FI28 in the final approach (declared as final approach fix). There is no such a waypoint. After the real faf OSNUB the next "waypoint" is the runway (In the DA62 it is marked as RW28 mop and marks the runway threshold and its altitude: threshold crossing height 50 ft plus airport alt 1046 ft = 1096 ft).

4 - The designator of the approach is EDDN-ILS 28-Z in my DA62, which matches the charts. In your screenshots it is named EDDN-ILS 28.

5 - Your distance from faf (FI28) to RW28 is 3.7 nm. Altitude difference (4000 ft "above" -> 1096 ft) is 2904 ft; to descent within 3.7 nm. I do not have to calculate that to see that this is wrong. But did for fun: flight path angle is 7.3597 degrees...

I stop that now, giong to bed.

Rudi

Edited by rudi0310

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Dear Rudi,

you're perfectly right - the real-world procedure we use for RWY28 is DKB5T when coming from SW, which consists of DKB-LETKU-UPALA-CF28-EDDN28ILS. I would normally have to set this up manually in the DA62 G1000 due to the absence of SID/STARs in the present version.
So I just tried what Sean's plane does when selecting RWY28 ILS. All the aircraft has to play with is the Aerodata 1901 data, and what it comes up with is ALB (we colloquially call Allersberg ABG as there is a good pub there 🍻)

So I suppose it is using some outdated data from P3D, ignoring Aerodata. But my point is that - whatever procedure is active - the DA62 doesn't follow it properly. So I suppose we have to set up all approaches manually for the time being. Good point about angles (or angels 😂🙏). RWY28 ILS is also slightly lower than 3%  🧐.

I will check the ILS Z again.

Hope you got some good sleep, Cheers

Baz.

Edited by Bazza744

2 hours ago, Bazza744 said:

So I suppose we have to set up all approaches manually for the time being.

I've just completed a flight from KRDD to KSTS and selected the Rnav 14gps LNAV approach with the 'Getter' transition' . It followed the flightplan including the hold. (not to sure it entered the hold in the correct manner) and I used the vnv for the descent.

I was interested in your views on Aerodata as I was going to go down that route. Decided at this moment to try Aero.sors but I was unable to see if it had installed into the G1000 in P3d V4.4. ( it didn't show any different info from the standard P3d info. )

Looking at the AUX page on the G1000 ( last page ) there dos'nt  appear to be any difference in the worldwide aviation versions, thought if you could check that out for the Areodata.

bob

Edited by onebob

Hi all,

Just downloaded the DA62 and took it for a ride. Very nice handling indeed. One issue though, the buttons on the flight panel are blurry. I am sorry but do not know how to insert a picture here.

Faisal

Edited by Faisal

35 minutes ago, Faisal said:

Hi all,

Just downloaded the DA62 and took it for a ride. Very nice handling indeed. One issue though, the buttons on the flight panel are blurry. I am sorry but do not know how to insert a picture here.

Faisal

Page 17 of the user manual is helpful on this .

bob

2 hours ago, onebob said:

Page 17 of the user manual is helpful on this .

bob

Thank you so much Bob.

Regards,

Faisal

Greetings all. Just have a couple of questions for all gurus out there 🙂 (And I also emailed Sean about what I think is a bug with the latest update, AND the other question as well...)

First of all. I cant update my P3D standard navaids, as it kills a couple of my add-on airports (made with good old ADE), hence I'm left with the bog standard from the dark ages. I havnt tried the payed version since I dont want to risk purchasing a subscription and realise it still doesn't work.

I have the F1 GTN750 and it works, sort of, as an addon panel. However the CDI/GPS needle doesnt move with the GPS on the aircraft unfortunatly. I tried a bunch of stuff (got it to work with Alabeo DA42 after a couple of tries) but nothing. Anyone have a solution?

Also, possible bug with version 1.53 (?) the aircraft wont load in cold and dark anymore, no matter how many times I change the configurator. A reset of the scenario works though. This is of course reported to Sean, just wanted to hear if anyone else noticed the same.

Regards

Martin

EDIT: The FSAerodata didnt kill my addons, however it's payware so thats a down side.

Edited by djmarty

Hi Martin,

Not sure about the GTN as I wouldn't try to install with such a good G1000 although I understand re the out dated default nav data.

Re the panel state Iv'e found that if you have P3D set to remember panel states & you save a situation then that appears to override the configurator setting. I found that if I want what is in the configurator then I have to re load the aircraft again once in the sim. Alternatively set the aircraft state to whatever you want next time you open the situation before shutting down. I have found however that quite often if I don't reload the aircraft then the stored flight plans don't show. All a complication on the save state from P3D I believe.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

I have found the DA62's G1000 to be fairly robust, but I continue to have some problems with RVAV LPV approaches at some airports.

I am using the latest Navigraph AIRAC, and have updated P3D database with fsaerodata. I have tried RNAV LPV approaches at several airports in my region...some work fine, and others don't. Lateral guidance works fine, it's glide paths that don't work on some approaches.

Examples:

(P3D stock) KTOL RNAV 25 LPV - glide path indicator shows on the PFD, approach mode selected, with GP armed (white). Well past what should be GP intercept, the GP indicator is still pegged top of the scale and never moves, and GP mode never becomes active...UNTIL...almost over the runway, requiring a 1700 - 2000 fpm decent to make the touchdown point. Interestingly, KTOL RNAV 07 LPV works perfectly.

(P3D stock) 7W5 RNAV 28 LPV - same thing

(P3D stock) KDFI RNAV 12 LPV - same thing

(Orbx) LOWI RNAVZ 08 LPV - same symptoms, however, instead of GP indicator pegged at top of scale, it's at the bottom, and I can descend to the ground several miles before the runway, and it never moves up on the scale.

My fsaerodata library insertion point is at the top of my scenery list.

I've flown most of these same approaches in aircraft with RXP GTN750 (AIRAC 1803) and GP function works flawlessly, so I'm thinking some kind of bug in the G1000 implementation in the DA62.

I'd be curious if any of you with fsaerodata have encountered similar problems, or if you could try some of the above approaches to confirm my findings.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Nice little plane for sure - Can't wait for further updates and I also hope a paint kit will be available at some point as well. Might be a silly question for such a small plane but would be helpful with planning/calculations for longer fights is for a PFPX profile. Or at least a direction into where all the figures can be obtained. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29