Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

I wanted to LPV landing on Orbx KORS and FSAeroData helped me with the data...prior to that, some old orbx sceneries LPV data was missing or outdated.

??  There are no LPV approaches at KORS.

Scott

2 minutes ago, tttocs said:

??  There are no LPV approaches at KORS.

Scott

I could be wrong but airnav shows RNAV GPS document for KORS.  My terminology with RNAV or LP could be off, as I am still learning - will state my apologies now about it.  Either way both the approaches showed up

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 minute ago, Skywolf said:

I could be wrong but airnav shows RNAV GPS document for KORS.

RNAV LPV.  There are basically 4 types of RNAV approaches (technically 5, but one isn't common), of which LPV is one.  Differences involve various combinations of horizontal precision and whether or not vertical guidance is provided.  The most precise of these is the LPV.  KORS has no approaches with vertical guidance.

Scott

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tttocs said:

RNAV LPV.  There are basically 4 types of RNAV approaches (technically 5, but one isn't common), of which LPV is one.  Differences involve various combinations of horizontal precision and whether or not vertical guidance is provided.  The most precise of these is the LPV.  KORS has no approaches with vertical guidance.

Scott

Thank you for excellent explanation - I was getting quite confused by this.  Super clear

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

14 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

In which menu do you find the "Select Departure" option?

Richard

sorry bad wording by me. It is not "visible" is the word I was looking for. Apologize for the confusion!
both departure and arrival options are listed in the PROC menu IRL (there are other ways of retrieving them, but PROC menu is most handy IMHO)

SAFc1JG.png

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

13 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

sorry bad wording by me. It is not "visible" is the word I was looking for. Apologize for the confusion!
both departure and arrival options are listed in the PROC menu IRL (there are other ways of retrieving them, but PROC menu is most handy IMHO)

SAFc1JG.png

?Yes, I use too the PROC menu but I have not the "Select Departure". I'll look again.

Btw I also don't have the possibility to insert a HOLD point in the DA62 G1000 version. Can you do that?

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

25 minutes ago, tttocs said:

Scott

Actually, KORS has GPS approaches with LP+V designation.

The GTN will fly these as if they were an LPV approach.. :wink:

Bert

25 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Actually, KORS has GPS approaches with LP+V designation.

The GTN will fly these as if they were an LPV approach.. :wink:

OK Bert, you got me on this one, kinda...  While a +V annunciation does mean there's vertical guidance available from the GPS, it's advisory in nature only and not to be taken as precision vertical guidance. The 16 and 34 approaches at KORS are LP and not LPV.

Scott

Edited by tttocs

Hi guys,

hope all enjoyed relaxing christmas holidays.

Upon departure and approach I occasionally notice the G1000 Terrain Map Overlay to flash forth and back between two terrain images. It happens at different mountainous locations, e.g. EDDN, EDNY and LOWI. To make it more clear I have uploaded a short video:

Straight question: Is this a bug or a feature, i.e. normal system behaviour of the real Garmin G1000?

Kind regards,

Stefan

@Tawmu 

@Skywolf 

@Viking01

Regarding the "offset":

The tip of the aircraft icon represents its position on the map, just as the real thing. Not the center of the icon as you see in the standard GPSs. That can lead to confusion first, I understand.

To be sure I fired up P3D and verified this at EGTC. Position shown on map is accurate. Zoomed in to the 1 nm range to check. Tip of aircraft location is placed at start of runway. Compare with what a standard GPS shows. The airport icon is near the center of runway, aircraft's position is near the start.

No bug, nothing to fix.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

7 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

@Tawmu 

@Skywolf 

@Viking01

Regarding the "offset":

The tip of the aircraft icon represents its position on the map, just as the real thing. Not the center of the icon as you see in the standard GPSs. That can lead to confusion first, I understand.

To be sure I fired up P3D and verified this at EGTC. Position shown on map is accurate. Zoomed in to the 1 nm range to check. Tip of aircraft location is placed at start of runway. Compare with what a standard GPS shows. The airport icon is near the center of runway, aircraft's position is near the start.

No bug, nothing to fix.

Thank You for clarifying it

Hi i read page 5 on this topic for the rudder and FSUIPC  i don't know how to disable  Tiller i never touch it 

my plane turn but no animation rudder and wheel turning left or right .

i calibrate my T flight Stick X but nothing move so i need to push the trottle more than the middle power to move the plane on tarmac ..

some help and tip or screen to resolve this for this DA62 .

Patrick

Thanks Rudi. I confirm that the position is accurate when stationary at an airfield. Nevertheless I had the impression that in flight it looks like there is a slight lag. 

But it may be me or my system, nothing to worry about.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider