Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Vertx DA62 has launched!

19 hours ago, Petermuc3 said:

To have VOR1 (ILS) and CDI autotune I would have to activate the approach in the G1000?

How to "auto-tune" a frequency (COM, ILS, VOR, NDB...) in the Vertx G1000

No need to load an approach. Highlight the desired frequency in the MFD, press enter. Frequency gets copied into the standby field of the radio. Press swap key (double arrow) of the radio. That's all. Works for ILS, VOR, NDB, ATIS... From within WPT page, NRST page..

See Garmin manual (DA62 config tool), "ctrl + f", "auto-tune".

Example: ILS

From NRST airport page choose airport. Press "Freq" softkey (or press menu button - select freq window). Highlight desired freq. Press enter. Swap freq in the NAV radio. Choose CDI mode by  pressing the CDI softkey if needed. Set ILS course (course knob). Or from within WPT airport page... Or... Or...

Edited by rudi0310
missing parts

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

2 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Nevertheless I had the impression that in flight it looks like there is a slight lag. 

Your description does not contain much detail. You are right, it looks very unusual and weird first. Just like the real thing. But think about. Your mouse arrow, also the tip is used. And, the icon does not cover the underlying content as much then.

I reviewed my videos and searched for where you can watch a turn. Looks very strange when turn axis for the aircraft icon on the map is its tip, not its center. Two examples. See it on the PFD map inlay, go to  14:05

Or watch the intro of video "part 5". go to 1:00 to watch it on the MFD, but icon smaller here:

This might be the effect you observe. A feature. Not a bug.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All good Rudi, thank you.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Thanks Rudi, understand. What I meant is getting the ILS frequency automatically dialed in and active as well as

the automated switch of the CDI when you activate the approach. Thus meaning you have to load and finally activate

an approach within the G1000. That was my understanding of the manual. For me now the quick and easy way is just

dialing the ILS frequency, make it active and set the CDI to VOR1.

Peter

Edited by Petermuc3

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Yes, but I do not want to select an approach in the G1000 as it is old nav database. For now

I go with my method described above. FSAerodata might be a choice in the future.

Peter

FSAerodata is awesome so far, I was skeptical as I needed to get 2 more addons but it sure is something, no doubt it - one can tell lot of hard work has gone into it.  I just make sure all the fsaerodata navdata is on the top of the scenery order and all my old orbx locations have the latest data.  I just got it 2 days ago.  Still playing with it.  

Edited by Skywolf
  • Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

27 minutes ago, Petermuc3 said:

Thanks Rudi, understand. What I meant is getting the ILS frequency automatically dialed in and active as well as

the automated switch of the CDI when you activate the approach.

I know, Peter. For that reason I described the auto-tune feature (which is not limited to navaids) in detail. And you asked if there are other methods to get some "assistance". If an approach is available, that is the best solution of course, but please keep in mind that GS mode has to be armed by hand in every case. Only the lateral component (localizer) gets (configured and) armed. Choose the methods and navdata sources which work best for you.

The auto-tune feature (Garmin calls it that way) only replaces copying the numbers by hand, a big part of the work imo, The advantage is, it only replaces the standby frequency. No bad surprises that freq changes "suddenly". The pilot can prepare the freq change long before, at the same time still use the "old" frequency, as long as needed.

47 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

FSAerodata is awesome so far, I was skeptical as I needed to get 2 more addons but it sure is something, no doubt it - one can tell lot of hard work has gone into it.  I just make sure all the fsaerodata navdata is on the top of the scenery order and all my old orbx locations have the latest data.  I just got it 2 days ago.  Still playing with it.  

Yes FSAerodata is fine.

As always, all my postings reflect my personal view.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

Thanks again Rudi, nice explanation, now it's clear.

Peter

@rudi0310

Hi Rudi,

Sorry, maybe you haven't seen my previous one (2 pages above), so I'm going to put it back.

In addition to the question previously asked, I have two supplementary questions:

-1I don't have the "Departure procedure" option in the G1000. Is it implemented?

-2I saw in the.wav files related to the D62 that there was a Tcas test file. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see any TCAS test anywhere in the DA62. Is this also implemented?

Thank you in advance. Btw, I love this aircraft. The Vnav function works great!

Regards,

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

2 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

@rudi0310

Hi Rudi,

Sorry, maybe you haven't seen my previous one (2 pages above), so I'm going to put it back.

In addition to the question previously asked, I have two supplementary questions:

-1I don't have the "Departure procedure" option in the G1000. Is it implemented?

-2I saw in the.wav files related to the D62 that there was a Tcas test file. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see any TCAS test anywhere in the DA62. Is this also implemented?

Thank you in advance. Btw, I love this aircraft. The Vnav function works great!

Regards,

Richard

Neither arrival/departure procedures or TCAS are featured in the Vertx DA62, but they might be added in a future update.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

2 hours ago, Wothan said:

Neither arrival/departure procedures or TCAS are featured in the Vertx DA62, but they might be added in a future update.

Ok, thank you Finn. I was not sure I understood what I was reading in the G1000 manual.

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I've been flying the 62 since its release and love it except for a weird behaviour with the autopilot.

I'm used to big tubeliners sos it might be my fault but:

when using the autopilot, after a while the plane will start to fly crabed with a big slip, if i turn off the yaw damper of the autopilot the plane straighten up. it if turn the YD again the plane will crab again until the end of the flight.

Is there a way to correct this ?

32 minutes ago, 238932 said:

I've been flying the 62 since its release and love it except for a weird behaviour with the autopilot.

I'm used to big tubeliners sos it might be my fault but:

when using the autopilot, after a while the plane will start to fly crabed with a big slip, if i turn off the yaw damper of the autopilot the plane straighten up. it if turn the YD again the plane will crab again until the end of the flight.

Is there a way to correct this ?

Have You checked the amount of cross wind ?

In a relative slow aircraft You will have to crab alot more than in an airliner to follow Your course.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

2 hours ago, Wothan said:

Have You checked the amount of cross wind ?

In a relative slow aircraft You will have to crab alot more than in an airliner to follow Your course.

Its not caused by any crosswind,  when i turn off the yaw damper the plane returns to a normal attitude.

I'm not talking about the crab regarding to the flight path but the side slip. On the PFD the sideslip indicator is completely decentered from the triangle above it and the plane is banking to keep the correct flight path to correct this.