Sign in to follow this  
jd

Radar Contact and JDTLLC in Transition

The first and second won't work as you're in the root directory.

The third is correctly changing to the SysWOW64 folder.

The fourth and fifth won't work as you're not giving the full path to the DLL to be registered although it may work without it.

Try this from another user:-

Download the .dll and place it in your syswow64 folder.

1. Press Start on the bottom left of your screen.

2. Type in cmd in the search bar, wait for it to pop up, right click it, and select run as admin

3. Now, type Cd \windows\syswow64 and press the enter key on your keyboard.

4. Now, the prompt will change to C:\WINDOWS/syswow64>

5. Now, RIGHT after the > with no spaces, type regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll and press the enter key on your keyboard. (IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT ENTER MISSING NAME HERE). That command will unregister the DLL.

6. Now, after you've pressed enter, you'll get a little pop-up in a blue box saying that unregister was successful. Now you want to register it so you type regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll and press the enter key on your keyboard. (IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT ENTER MISSING NAME HERE).

7. Now, you should get a pop-up in a blue box saying that the register was successful.

Hopefully that will work.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The first and second won't work as you're in the root directory.

The third is correctly changing to the SysWOW64 folder.

The fourth and fifth won't work as you're not giving the full path to the DLL to be registered although it may work without it.

Try this from another user:-

Download the .dll and place it in your syswow64 folder.

1. Press Start on the bottom left of your screen.

2. Type in cmd in the search bar, wait for it to pop up, right click it, and select run as admin

3. Now, type Cd \windows\syswow64 and press the enter key on your keyboard.

4. Now, the prompt will change to C:\WINDOWS/syswow64>

5. Now, RIGHT after the > with no spaces, type regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll and press the enter key on your keyboard. (IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT ENTER MISSING NAME HERE). That command will unregister the DLL.

6. Now, after you've pressed enter, you'll get a little pop-up in a blue box saying that unregister was successful. Now you want to register it so you type regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll and press the enter key on your keyboard. (IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT ENTER MISSING NAME HERE).

7. Now, you should get a pop-up in a blue box saying that the register was successful.

Hopefully that will work.

I'll come a little later Ray, it's lunch time thanks for the help so far

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jurgenmitch1947 said:

I'll come a little later Ray, it's lunch time thanks for the help so far

Finally that worked Ray, really appreciate your time in helping me get this running.Thank you

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 6:59 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

One decade. v4 came out in 2006. I did suggest to John Dekker he offer the source code out but received no reply. V5 would have included SIDS and STARs but there is a workaround for that in the program.

Hello, Ray.  Have you heard anything yet in regards to John's intentions on what he will do with the source code?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

22 minutes ago, klamal said:

Hello, Ray.  Have you heard anything yet in regards to John's intentions on what he will do with the source code?

No and I don't expect to. You can always contact him in the email address in the top post.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Radar Contact and Xplane 11 ATC final.   My ATC in xplane has not worked in about a month. Someone today told me to REMOVE Radar Contact and xplanes ATC will start working. So I removed it and for the first time xplanes new ATC is working.

I like Radar Contact and have used it a long time. But is there a bug in the system that does not allow Radar Contact to be installed in order for Xplanes ATC to work?

Can someone tell me how to use rcv4encrypt.exe to generate the key code for the free RC4 ??

Thank you, Craig

Help! RCv4 ATC Course Direction

RCv4 works great until I start my decent to a airport and then RC gives me course direction. I follow the course direction and then the controller says about 20 times...."I say again turn to course heading 180 ( whatever the original course was)  I AM FLYING 180. I try a few degrees to the left and to the right but it continues telling me " I SAY AGAIN".

Any suggestions

@polyefko, what do you have your deviations set to? Those are in the General option. They should be 15 for Heading, 300 for Altitude and 10 for Speed.

If any are significantly different RC will complain if you deviate.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am having trouble getting a key with the new free Radar Contact.I have followed the listed instructions on filling out the online form with first and last name and product number, but nothing ever happens, and....no key with which to register the  product.  I have even used keys that I had obtained previously  with my paid radar contact programs and they do not work either.  I have been using radar contact for more than twenty years before this trouble.  Please help!  Thank you.  John Forshner

@jforshner, did you download the key generator linked in para 2 in the original post?

When you first run RC4 after installation a box appears which includes fields for your first and last names.

You can ignore that. Just copy the product code and after starting the key generator paste that code into it. A key will be generated. Paste that into the relevant field and you’re done.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you so much for your prompt response.  When I run Radar Contact, a registration screen appears with the statement that this version of radar contact is unregistered and it gives a product I D of 1378830833.  I place this number in the blank "key" window and click it.  The screen disappears and nothing else happens.  I have also sent the info to the automatic email and to regular email with no response after two weeks.

Are you pasting it into the top field? If so, after doing that press the button to generate the code which appears in the bottom field. Paste that into RC4.

I doubt any emails will be answered as this is now freeware.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather