Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

You can buy fsx in Europe but......

Here we go again.....Pre order FSX deluxe in the U.S. from Amazon and pay 64.99 ; availability from October 3 (ships only to U.S.)for the remaining of us who live in Europe order the same product from amazon.de and pay 74.99 euros that equals 90 US dollars ! and wait another 10 days since the product is available from the 13th of October..... software DVDs are not cars that ship on surface vessels in containers !! I can't understand : the motion picture industry has understood that to fight piracy titles have to be released simultaneously worldwide while Microsoft still has the non US country wait and pay a premium for its software....

The Deluxe version of FSX is equivalent to 81 Euros in the UK :-eek

Amazon.com are now offering FSX Pro at a massive 5 dollar discount for 64.99. However, if you go to amazon.uk and search on fsx nothing is found.If the UKP price shown on SimFlight of 54.99UKP was converted to US dollars at an exchange rate of 1.80 it would cost our American cousins 98.98USD. I wonder how they would feel about that. Probably much the same as I feel about the inflated UK price.I don't know who sets the UK price for FSX. Maybe Microsoft UK? What I do find totally unacceptable is the huge markup for the British market. It's almost like we're subsidising the ruddy thing. :-mad

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest bjjones

Play.com have at long last added them to the catalogue, Standard is at

Guest Bottle

LOL, and PCWorld has it listed as a Web exclusive for

Ben,Are you viewing the UK play.com? I still can't see it listed. I'm using "FSX" in the search for PC Games.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Thomas. Still disappointingly expensive :-(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>>Here we go again.....>Indeed, especially as this subject already has its own thread.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=14494&page=2As I said in my post in that thread, it's a matter of market forces. Exchange rate, customs, taxes, and relative costs of living are largely irrelevant. Microsoft, like any other company, will set a price that it believes will maximise its revenue. That's the way the real world works.

Its kind of the same for US folks, we tend to pay an arm and a leg for some addons because of the dollar being less than the euro.