Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Lear 35A major update coming soon!

Looks good!

Looking forward to the update. Was just flying this aircraft last night. Really fun aircraft.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I just bought the lear during the winter sale but did not expect any further content updates for it since it's been a while since release and you just released a new aircraft. I'm impressed and looking forward to the update! 😃

Looks good! Is all the underlying logic the same with just the panel itself looking different? Only asking as my Lear flies perfectly right now and does what I tell it to! 

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hi Folks,

Yep - a little apprehensive myself - as the aircraft is nearly spot on for me... I thought the autopilot was accurate and worked well ? I think it needed the button interruption on the AP like the Falcon though - I thought one of the RW guys mentioned that...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

9 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Looks good! Is all the underlying logic the same with just the panel itself looking different? Only asking as my Lear flies perfectly right now and does what I tell it to! 

The logic is the same as we always had this correct with some minor changes for 3 buttons.

1. The Nav button same logic will show a LRN light (Long range navigation) when your using the GPS mode and Cap light for VLOC mode.

2. The GS button and logic stays the same but when you get within 1,200ft AGL, flaps beyond 3 degrees, active localizer or glideslope and either the altimeter radar active or middle marker reached then the FNL light will enable stating your on final.

3. The ALTHLD button now has a ON light for active and a GA for go around. Same logic.

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

The logic is the same as we always had this correct with some minor changes for 3 buttons.

Excellent,

much appreciate the added realism and value for money you keep bringing to this plane, as some of us haven't got the Falcon yet!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Whats more important. Having the radar on the main panel with only a single GTN or having a dual GTN on the main panel.

We are having trouble coming up with layouts that will work with a management tool. We want to remove the dual GTN option. Seems a dual is just not needed.

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

Whats more important. Having the radar on the main panel with only a single GTN or having a dual GTN on the main panel.

We are having trouble coming up with layouts that will work with a management tool. We want to remove the dual GTN option. Seems a dual is just not needed.

1 option for dual instead is to have 1 GTN750 on the main panel and a 2nd unit GTN650 on the pedestal. Can we mix units like this?

I DID run with dual on main panel using the 2nd for terrain and useful data like wind speed/direction, ground speed, fuel burn and OAT. These could be better displayed on a simple data display so yes overkill for em. I got the WX radar and then switched them out, GTN left, WX right, which is now perfect for me. Even if I didn't have the WX I would never use a 2nd GTN on pedestal I would need it next to the other one. 

That's just my opinion as the 1st is used for route planning and guidance, so it's not like an FMS on the pedestal which you can set and forget most of the route, the visual display is very important as it doubles as secondary flight instruments.

Short answer: it's great as it is but PLEASE do not take the GTN/WX combo setup off the front panel. You can lose the dual GTN off front panel no problem. Whatever you do with the pedestal is fine with me, 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I really like the dual GTN option. I use the right one for wind/speed data, fuel/vcalcs, waypoint infos etc. I really appreciate having two independent GTNs.

Another option is we could get everything on the main panel if we mix the 750 with a 650 like in the image. So for those who like dual can have this setup. This allows us to have all the gps options and still have the radar on the main panel as there will be room. And having the smaller 650 you can use for info and TCAS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I like that idea. The continuing support is appreciated...thankyou

I use dual gtn 750...weather radar is basically worthless to me in the sim.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is having 2 panel layout options asking for too much? I have no idea of the work required initially and to support this. Just throwing the bone out there.

Ted 

• Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

9 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

Is having 2 panel layout options asking for too much? I have no idea of the work required initially and to support this. Just throwing the bone out there.

Ted 

That is the whole point of what we are trying to do. We have a management tool for our Falcon that allows more GPS units. But if we use this tool we need 1 panel layout. So to fit everything we have to replace unit 2 from a 750 to a 650. So the dual setup would be a 750 and a 650 and a radar on the main panel. 

Then we can offer more brands like Reality XP.

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1