Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Gunz

Key generator instructions

If this question has already been answered, just point me to the answer and I'll take it from there.

I downloaded the Key Generator that is now available due to the well deserved "retirement" of the folks involved with RC4 V3.  I purchased the app many many moons ago, but needed a new key because of a system crash issue.  Got the information about the cloud version of Radar Contact now being freely available for downloading along with the key generator.  No instructions for key generation, however.

So that's what I need to know.  How do I generate and use the resulting key?

Thanks for any direction you can provide.

Ken in Kansas

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC: 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB OC
CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro H.O.T.A.S.
Logitech MFD and Radio Panel Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

Ken,

When you run RC4 the first time it generates a product code. Paste that into the top row of the key generator. Press the button and it generates a registration code.

Paste that into RC4 when prompted.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Thanks for the prompt and accurate response.  Worked great!

Glad to have my RC4 working again.  Now I can fly without aimlessly wandering about the skies. 😉

Ken in Kansas

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC: 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB OC
CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro H.O.T.A.S.
Logitech MFD and Radio Panel Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

On 1/17/2019 at 10:28 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ken,

When you run RC4 the first time it generates a product code. Paste that into the top row of the key generator. Press the button and it generates a registration code.

Paste that into RC4 when prompted.

Where is the key generator.   All I get is the product is not registered send email for key

1 hour ago, basilhancock said:

Where is the key generator.   All I get is the product is not registered send email for key

Item 2 on the top locked topic contains the link.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Many thanks I have managed to get the key.  I have updated the airports and runways,  but when i try to load a flight plan I get the 713 error message and MSSTDMT.DLL NOT FOUND.  I think I have had this prob before and the solution was a comp.ete reload of windows and all software.  I am not going thru that pain so will regretably not be using RC.

Thanks for your help and prompt response

Basil Hancock

Basil, you give up easily don’t you? That file can be found on a Windows 7 computer. If you have one copy it over to System32 folder. Then it needs registering and there plenty of topics on how to do that in this forum.

If you don’t then send me a PM with your email address and I’ll send you mine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather