Hi Bryan,

Lately I have not been getting the "60 knots" callout when decelerating upon landing with the 747-400 (P3D v4.4). Are there any settings to be done that I don't remember? I have v1.3. Thank you!

1 hour ago, jgoggi said:

Hi Bryan,

Lately I have not been getting the "60 knots" callout when decelerating upon landing with the 747-400 (P3D v4.4). Are there any settings to be done that I don't remember? I have v1.3. Thank you!

Hi James,

Descent Mode must be active (flashing DM on main panel).

Aircraft must be on the ground.

Indicated speed < 60 and > 55

Mode must say <ROLL OUT>

Perhaps you're triggering the "okay to clean up" mode too early.

Bryan, all those conditions are verified. I think the problem is, that the airplane takes a bit to decelerate and the mode changes automatically from ROLL OUT to AFTER LANDING PROCEDURE before the airplane reaches 60 knots. What triggers the AFTER LANDING PROCEDURE mode?

EDIT: looks like the AFTER LANDING PROCEDURE mode kicks in even if the speedbrakes are still up and I don't touch the speedbrake lever (and don't say anything). Maybe there is the issue?

Edited by jgoggi

Your hardware could be overriding the signal if you have something attached to the speed brake.  If I had to guess that would be it.

Go into the Config Options... there's an option to have the After Landing flow not triggered by the position of the detected speedbrake.

Already tried to set that option to NO, so the speedbrake should not trigger the after Landing procedure, but nothing changes, still there is an automatic switch from roll out to after Landing procedure. There should be something buggy there, that was not in v1.2.

Bryan, I even tried controlling the speedbrakes without any hardware, just with the keyboard, but no help, there is always an automatic switch from roll out to after landing at about 60 knots and the 60 knots callout can't be heard... So you are not able to reproduce this?

Edited by jgoggi

I'm looking at the code now.

The code that deals with using the spoiler to trigger to the After Landing flow only comes into affect below 40 knots and the Config Option for Spoiler trigger the after landing flow would definitely work.

The mode should change to After Landing Actions at 50 knots.

Which voice set are you using?

EU1. I have now rolled back to v1.2, I want to re-check how it was there...

Looks like same behaviour… At this point I don't know what has happened...

Uninstalled and reinstalled v1.3, no change. The automatic switch from rollout to after landing procedure occurs at about 68 knots, so before the FO can call "60 KNOTS"...

Edited by jgoggi

Okay, I'll add it to the list of things to checkout for the next update.

Cheers,

Thank you. I am checking some videos on Youtube and it looks like they are working correctly, with the rollout mode active until 40 knots and the "60 knots" callout correctly spoken. The only difference with my setup is a different voice. Could it be possible that the EU1 voice has this issue, while the other voices not? I am not at home, now and can't check...

Unless there are some changes in the latest update of the 747 that screw up something in FS2Crew...

Edited by jgoggi

one  way  to check   is  to  change  to another  voice  other  the  one  that  your  having  issues  

8 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

one  way  to check   is  to  change  to another  voice  other  the  one  that  your  having  issues  

Yes, I will do that tonight at home, in the meantime maybe Bryan knows if the different voice can influence the issue or it's just a .wav replacement...

Different voices can't influence it.

Only if the sound artist messed up the recording and it didn't get noticed would a sound file be relevant.

Bryan, I am quite sure I have found the issue! If there is a strong headwind, when the ground speed is 40 knots and there is a switch from rollout to after landing procedure, the airspeed is still say 70 knots. The FO can no longer say "60 knots", because the mode is no longer rollout. So the problem is only present with a strong headwind. The trigger for the after landing procedure should occur either later, say when the ground speed is 25-30 knots, or it should consider 40 knots AIR SPEED, not ground speed. My situation was with a quite strong headwind… if I set the wind to zero, everything works correctly!

Edited by jgoggi

Cool, I'll update that i the next update.

Cheers,

Bryan, just for info, any idea on when the next update might be out? Thank you!

I don't know.  My focus is on UGCX and another project I'm working on, which I have not publicly announced yet.