Sign in to follow this  
JesC

Atmoengine in P3D v4

Saw this announcement at FSElite: https://fselite.net/news/mwp-projects-release-atmoengine-for-prepar3d-v4/

Have to admit I know nothing about this addon. Do any of you folks with both x-plane and P3d have any comments? Or has anyone tried it?

I'm also wondering if this integrates with ASP4 and ASCA and how it compares with Envtex. And... much more.

Unsure

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

1 hour ago, JesC said:

Saw this announcement at FSElite: https://fselite.net/news/mwp-projects-release-atmoengine-for-prepar3d-v4/

Have to admit I know nothing about this addon. Do any of you folks with both x-plane and P3d have any comments? Or has anyone tried it?

I'm also wondering if this integrates with ASP4 and ASCA and how it compares with Envtex. And... much more.

Unsure

Jesse

I have the same question but no answer

For over USD $20, there is just not enough info. I watched a utube vid which was using X-Plane, but being unfamiliar with XP, it did nothing for me. Other than to say that it looked pretty good atmospherically, but did not observe any clouds casting ground shadows. Looking at the publishers website reveals to me that it is not only texture replacement but some sort of shader tool. Until the pubs give better info, this is just an interesting Hhmmmm moment. I could see (if it's any good) it might be a better fit for those who want a lighter version of Envtex and Envishade.

• Upvote 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I was intrigued by the newly released ATMOENGINE for P3DV4. How is this any different than REX? Can it be used in conjunction with and/or Active Sky?

Thanks and happy flights!

1 hour ago, MA Flightsimulation said:

I was intrigued by the newly released ATMOENGINE for P3DV4. How is this any different than REX? Can it be used in conjunction with and/or Active Sky?

Thanks and happy flights!

I merged your topic from hangar chat to this one since there’s already a topic started on the same subject.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm also watching this topic hoping someone will chime in with a review and what exactly it is.

EDIT: Read a review over at simmarket, I think I've got my answer.

Edited by pvupilot

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

2 hours ago, pvupilot said:

EDIT: Read a review over at simmarket, I think I've got my answer.

Well... Care to provide a link or share your insights with the rest of us?

Jesse

Jesse Cochran

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

28 minutes ago, JesC said:

Well... Care to provide a link

Jesse

Jesse,

Might be quicker to go to simmarket, find the product which is probably on the front page since it’s new and read the reviews, rather than waiting for a link to it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

38 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Jesse,

Might be quicker to go to simmarket, find the product which is probably on the front page since it’s new and read the reviews, rather than waiting for a link to it.

Thanks for your guidance, but I already did that much. I thought that the post may have referred to an in-depth review. Nonetheless it would be good to have heard the posters opinion.

Really doesn't matter to me anymore.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran

1 hour ago, JesC said:

Well... Care to provide a link or share your insights with the rest of us?

Jesse

I wasn't sure what the policy here is to linking to other websites/stores. I've seen posts removed that contained links. But I'll just copy and paste what the review said.

"I didn’t want to make the overall assessment via stars, since the taste is very individual and I do not want to harm neither the product nor the developers. However, the rules ask for the star assessment, so I give three...

But why:
SKY - Do not see any improvement comparing with REX or AeroSky Production. No benefit for me.
SUN - Too big, ugly for me.
CLOUDS - The biggest disappointment. Somehow unrealistic and artificial.
SHADERS - I don’t know. Cannot assess.
FPS BOOST - Biggest positive surprise. I don’t believe in miracle tools that improve the simulator performance. In this case I must say that the improvement is obvious. I have tested and verified it with PMDG 737, in heavy clouds, at the airport full of AI aircraft and FPS inside the VC was very stable - from 50 to 60 all the time. 
That’s why I finally don’t regret the money I invested in the product."

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

I would like to know by what means this fps improvements are achieved (if at all...most often this is a placebo/coincidence bec other weather etc). After so much time ppl spent to try this and also me trying to do the same over the most different ways i find it hard to believe that there is a possible increase in fps without having other loss in regards to visuals or whatever. 

If someone wants to hear my personal opinion about those products: Not needed anymore....

There is Rex Skyforce, Envtex, Tomatoshade (where one can use presets that basically look identical or better with either freeware sky or whatever) and by now 4 or 5 other tools that do exactly the same. Like Envshade that sells for 6 Euro. 

This thing is way way way too expensive for what it offers,.