Sign in to follow this  
kiki

Text- hard to read

Weird Garry. Never seen that with 10 different FS versions.. I dont know what to offer.

well this gets more annoying: last night I was talking to my wife whilst P3D booted and the plane in my sim scenario kept crashing . Because I was talking to my wife I gave her my full attention and left the pc alone [I'm not as stupid as I look]..

When I had finished talking to her I noticed the dialog box appearing after the plane crashes was FINE all of a sudden. However when I went to change planes the problem reappeared.

Curiouser and curiouser.....

1 hour ago, Garry Scanlan said:

well this gets more annoying: last night I was talking to my wife whilst P3D booted and the plane in my sim scenario kept crashing . Because I was talking to my wife I gave her my full attention and left the pc alone [I'm not as stupid as I look]..

When I had finished talking to her I noticed the dialog box appearing after the plane crashes was FINE all of a sudden. However when I went to change planes the problem reappeared.

Curiouser and curiouser.....

I tried that but it didn´t help with the P3D. My wife kind of liked it though... 🙂

Garry, what other programs you launch with the sim?

Do you have some Windows 10 theme modification? You've got a weird font happening on the "Prepar3D Scenario" text.

If it was golf. we would say you need a new set of clubs😃

Bill W

kiki - chaseplane connects automatically and i usually activate fsxwx  and plan g when p3d is loaded

I have just booted p3d with nothing else running or loading at the same time to no avail. thanks for the thought though.

chapstick - my win 10 theme was a downloaded theme 'snowy mountains'. i switched to a stock solid colour

and my lock screen was windows spotlight so i switched to a stock win10 picture but no success. thanks for suggestion.

Garry, we share the same problem but  have different programs running with the sim. So they are not the problem.

I also have the stock Win10 theme.

It is not just the fonts. Some times also the pictures at the opening screen might be blurry. This is strange indeed, sometimes when I load the sim the opening screen looks bad, sometimes it looks REALLY bad. I wonder why...

Thanks for all the help, fellow simmers. No solution found yet. Any new ideas? Anyone?

47 minutes ago, kiki said:

Garry, we share the same problem but  have different programs running with the sim. So they are not the problem.

I also have the stock Win10 theme.

It is not just the fonts. Some times also the pictures at the opening screen might be blurry. This is strange indeed, sometimes when I load the sim the opening screen looks bad, sometimes it looks REALLY bad. I wonder why...

Thanks for all the help, fellow simmers. No solution found yet. Any new ideas? Anyone?

Do you use ReShade?

A corrupted dll.xml will cause garbled text in the P3D Menu.  I would rename the dll.xml in the same folder as you scenery.cfg and the one in the same folder as your p3d.cfg, restart, and see if this fixes the problem.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

14 hours ago, Jim Young said:

A corrupted dll.xml will cause garbled text in the P3D Menu.  I would rename the dll.xml in the same folder as you scenery.cfg and the one in the same folder as your p3d.cfg, restart, and see if this fixes the problem.

Latest updates of this problem:

- I do not have ReShade

- I updated PTA

- I searched dll.xml-files (Thank you, Jim!!). The one in the same folder with the scenery.cfg is now renamed

I fired up the sim and it looked good. I went to "Change vehicle" and came back to the starting screen with another airplane and ---- the texts looked just as horribe as before. For a moment it looked good...

5 hours ago, kiki said:

I searched dll.xml-files (Thank you, Jim!!). The one in the same folder with the scenery.cfg is now renamed

This is the new default location for the dll.xml.  The old default is the same folder as the p3d.cfg. 

Since the screen went bad again with loading a new aircraft, what was the new aircraft?

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

This is the new default location for the dll.xml.  The old default is the same folder as the p3d.cfg. 

Since the screen went bad again with loading a new aircraft, what was the new aircraft?

I have experienced this two or three times at least with the new(ish) freeware Falcon 20E (which I installed after this problem started and which is also now removed from my virtual hangar) and the JF Fokker F-27. 

Next move could be removing p3d.cfg. Let´s see if that helps. [EDIT: It didn´t help either!]

I am happy everyrhing is just fine when I am flying. This is a strange problems and quite annoying.

Edited by kiki

no i neither use reshade nor pta.

however i did find a help page that suggests deleting the ui nterface file in app data>roaming. i did this and p3d rebuilt the file ok,

however apart from making the splash screen revert back to normal size [it was showing about half size] nothing was fixed. perhaps it might work for you kiki.

yes i noticed sometimes it is worse, and the pics of the planes appear like they have no aa applied. the edges are jagged.