Christopher Low

UK2000 Xtreme airports and ORBx TrueEarth GB South

I seem to have a problem with UK2000 Xtreme airports and ORBx TrueEarth GB South. I have noticed that all of the jetways at UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme and Stansted Xtreme are missing when I have all four folders of ORBx TrueEarth GB South active, and I suspect that it may well affect all UK2000 Xtreme airports that have jetways. It seems to be related to the FTX_EU_!GBS_06_CVX folder, because the jetways appear if I disable that folder. Is anyone else suffering from this problem?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have now uninstalled TE South so cannot check, but for the FTX England / Scotland products I always deactivated all the Orbx files relating to each airport, I created batch files for that task as I have all of the UK2000 products.

Use Windows explorer to search for EGSS or EGKK under the root P3D folder....and then try renaming any orbx file extensions to .off

I have already removed all of the ORBx airports included with TrueEarth GB South so that they do not conflict with my UK2000 airports and VFR airfields.

Edited by Christopher Low

I have posted some screenshots of the situation at UK2000 Birmingham Xtreme. This is a slightly different situation than at Gatwick or Stansted (where just about all of the jetways are not being displayed at all). Can any other AVSIM members confirm this problem?

http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=9653.0

Edited by Christopher Low

Hi Christoper. I can confirm, having just installed UK2000's Gatwick EGKK v4, that there are jetways in operation, and via GSX just got SODE jetway to operate to the CS757-200. Cannot attach images here at Avsim because I no longer have an images hosting website as the last one based in Oz went kaput.

And I checked the box that I am also running Orbx's FTX;EU-England.

Edited by vc10man

Do you have ORBx TrueEarth GB South installed and active when the jetways are working, Rick?

5 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Do you have ORBx TrueEarth GB South installed and active when the jetways are working, Rick?

No, Christopher, don't have Orbx's TrueEarth GB South after I read the comments on it in another thread. However, did buy Netherlands though as that did get the thumbs-up, in that recent Valentine's Day Sale. Just wait for FlyTampa's Amsterdam to go on sale before I use that there.

Hi Christopher, I have ORBX True Earth South as well as several UK2000 extreme airports and can have a look, but not right now, maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

Hi Christopher

i have true earth GB south installed just trying uk2000 egkk now

will let you know

Hi Christopher

i also have problems at uk2000 gatwick

jetways are there and work with GSX but i have sections missing from jetway extensions on all of them

• Upvote 1

Christopher, I just tried Stansted. I have jetways as such, not sure if they are all proper and functioning, as I don't fly airliners, but they are there.

stansted_2.jpg

However, something is broken despite. All taxiways are doubled depending on the angle I see them. Besides, I have strong texture flickering in several places, e.g. on the Ryanair hangar. 

stansted_1.jpg

I have TE England acitve, besides 05_SCENERY from LC-based ORBX GB (this was suggested somewhere to enjoy the enhanced airports) and the UK2000 airports. 

If you don't have any jetways at all that begs the question what's the difference. This might be a case for the ORBX compatibility forum, however w.r.t to my case I think I should read their earlier entries about EGSS (if any) or UK2000 in General from the LC-ORBX GB compatibilty forum first. Usually, they suggest to deactivate three specific files. 

Kind reagrds, Michael 

Edit: I just disabled the "old" LC-GB entry, but texture flickering as well as double-taxiways remain. Thus, there might indeed be an issue with TE GB. Which I have a bit of difficulty to explain, as I recall they said TE GB doesn't modify airports...??

Edited by pmb