Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Flytampa Updates (Universal Installers)

I always land on 22L if that is in the FMC. It's just that any AI planes waiting to depart on runway 22R do not move until I have landed. In addition, I am asked to contact ground as soon as my main wheels touch the runway. Not exactly major issues, but I would still prefer everythng to be correct.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I presume that I had to learn about the updates from colleagues here because I bought KBOS  and CYYZ from BMTMicro.

BMTMicro have been a pain over the years because my downloads are usually 'expired' by the time I next want to use them. But they always reply to my requests promptly.

I would much prefer FT to offer to accept my original BMTMicro orders onto their records so that I could in future only deal with them direct.

Living in vague hope😏

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Just a wee word of warning, I was advised by Simmarket from whom I purchased Corfu, of the update available, and I uninstalled Corfu from my  P3D v3.4, and commenced

the new installation, only to be faced with 3 entries in the world scenery list ie Corfu,/Corfu LC,/Libraries, which were all greyed out, in other words these entries could neither be

moved up or down or deleted , next activated the add to scenery command box in the FlyTampa folder, which still left the Libraries entry in the world scenery list greyed out.

Gave up a this point and manually uninstalled all  Corfu entries within the FlyTampa folder including Libraries, and installed Corfu with my original installer.

The phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it" comes to mind.

Mike 

The "greyed out" entries will be because they were installed using the new addon.xml method. Did you actually check if they were working? Old fashioned, but that's what I prefer. As far as I am aware, you can still do this if you remove the addon.xml document for the relevant scenery package, and then manually add the three entries to the Scenery Library. At least, this is what I did with SimWings Heathrow Professional and Gibraltar Professional, and they seem to be working just fine.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes Christopher, the scenery was working, however the greyed out Libraries entry was still evident in the world scenery list

making it impossible to move or delete. I'll wait for the dust to settle on this issue, perhaps till P3D v 5 arrives.

performance is smooth and trouble free with v3.4.

Thanks for your comments

Go to Options > Addons

You can get at these grayed out items there.

On 3/1/2019 at 2:41 PM, Christopher Low said:

The update that I would like to see would be for clearance to land on runway 22L at Copenhagen when I have specifically programmed this in the FMC. Repeatedly being told by ATC that I am cleared to land on runway 22R is starting to get annoying.

You can ask the ATC to change the proposed runway and it should work.

If the ATC clear you to 22L, request a change and select 22R.

I don't know specifically for Copenhagen but I have already done it on other airport having more than 1 runway on the same QFU (like 22R, 22C and 22L) as long as you ask for another runway 22 and not the runway 04 it works.

I have tried that, but the list of alternative runways does not appear in the ATC menu.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png