ErichB

Flytampa Updates (Universal Installers)

I got a number of emails this morning from Simmarket about various updates.  P3D has a 'universal' installer.  Has anyone updated?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, I have and all works fine.

What does this Universal Installer? Check your installed FT sceneries and update them?

You have to first uninstall previous FTs, then run this latest. You will need your Serial Keys. Then the Configurator pops up at the end of the install. Q.E.D.

Should I wait until all my FT products are available with the new universal installer or does it make no difference?

BTW: why do we have to "update" at all? If the only thing changed is the installer, I do not see any reason why to "update". No fixes in those updates?

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

why do we have to "update" at all? If the only thing changed is the installer, I do not see any reason why to "update". No fixes in those updates?

That's what I was thinking.   Although, I would be keen for them to release a new installer for EHAM to see if that fixes the elevation issue I have had since the 4.4 install

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Should I wait until all my FT products are available with the new universal installer or does it make no difference?

BTW: why do we have to "update" at all? If the only thing changed is the installer, I do not see any reason why to "update". No fixes in those updates?

Up to you, Chris. I got a notification early this morning for just Boston and Toronto, so that's all I have Updated. I have not bothered to check the 'Fix Log', etc as I had no time rushing off to work.

Why don't you mosey over to the FT Forum,see what they have said?

Edited by vc10man

Hi,

Works fine, except the installation folder is inside P3D. It would be better to be able to choose the installation directory.

Yves

I will not be doing anything with my FlyTampa installation unless I know that it will enhance what I already have. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I got an email saying TNCM was updated.

1 hour ago, Irishcurse said:

I got an email saying TNCM was updated.

In which way? :)

S.

According to the FT Forum:

"V2.0 (24 Feb 2019)
Implemented FlyTampa Universal Installer
Updated Airport Lighting, automatically activates in Fog
"

For the other products, such as Corfu (got an email from simmarket regarding Corfu as well), no information can be found in the FT forum...

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

"V2.0 (24 Feb 2019)
Implemented FlyTampa Universal Installer
Updated Airport Lighting, automatically activates in Fog
"

super

The update that I would like to see would be for clearance to land on runway 22L at Copenhagen when I have specifically programmed this in the FMC. Repeatedly being told by ATC that I am cleared to land on runway 22R is starting to get annoying.

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The update that I would like to see would be for clearance to land on runway 22L at Copenhagen when I have specifically programmed this in the FMC. Repeatedly being told by ATC that I am cleared to land on runway 22R is starting to get annoying.

Are you using canned spagetti ATC? 

I think that's a function of P3D ATC and not the scenery.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Are you using canned spagetti ATC? 

I think that's a function of P3D ATC and not the scenery.

Was about to ask Christopher that. Who in their right mind uses any of the default ATCs, be it FSX or P3D? Agree, how can a scenery vector a landing Rwy?

Edited by vc10man

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

You sound like you purchased your first flight simulator just yesterday 🙂

It's the only airport that I have this issue with, but that's probably because I only ever fly around the UK and Ireland, and a total of four airports outside that area!

21 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Was about to ask Christopher that. Who in their right mind uses any of the default ATCs, be it FSX or P3D? Agree, how can a scenery vector a landing Rwy?

Erm... I do, and quite happily so 🙂 Especially after running EditVoicePack to enhance the whole thing.

30 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

You sound like you purchased your first flight simulator just yesterday 

I don't get this comment, Christopher is one of the most experienced flying simulator users you will find on these forums.

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

As much as I like Fly Tampa, their update policy is not always understandable for me. I did not get any email from FT neither did FT put some information about new "universal" installer at a visible place on their site. What does "universal" mean at all in this context? It is also quite difficult to find smaller patches on their site. Even regular updates are not easy to find always.

Anyway, I love FT products and will continue to purchase them. I just wish a bit better organization of their web site in regard of product updates.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

I don't get this comment, Christopher is one of the most experienced flying simulator users you will find on these forums.

Regards,
Simbol

It was a sarcasm 🙂 Asking about oddity of the default ATC is very common for FS new comers. 

Sorry if it was rude. It wasn't supposed to 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Sorry if it was rude. It wasn't supposed to 

No worries, this is the problem with anything we write.. sometimes it is hard to catch the real meaning of things.

Thanks for your clarification.

Regards,
S.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Get yourself a free copy of Radar Contact 4. You can select your runway. I'll even chuck in a bit of free support. 😉

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I did not get any email from FT

You should get an email from wherever you bought FT airports