Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Flytampa Updates (Universal Installers)

11 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have not had any emails from FlyTampa (I purchased them direct from the developer).

Could time difference be in play, Christopher? Maybe they will later today?

You can add me to that list. Can't remember the last time I had one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So are we to uninstall the current Fly Tampa product before running the new installer? How does one uninstall a Flt Tampa product as I have looked and can't see where this is done. Thanks.

Dave

Yes, Dave, and it's uninstalled directly from within the FT folder that resides.......................wherever you put it.

There is a pdf that comes with it. That's how i knew what to do.

Edited by vc10man

Martin at Flytampa has provided an explanation here:

http://flytampa.org/forum5745/viewtopic.php?p=64088#p64088

Sorry about the confusion. I have no control over how these SM notifications are worded.

What we have is a single new Universal Installer:
http://www.flytampa.org/dwl/FlyTampa_Un ... _Setup.exe

This is the same 200Kb EXE file used to install various Airports in P3Dv4 only. It currently can be used to Install: CYYZ, CYUL, KBOS, LOWW, LGKR, TNCM, VHHX, all of which have been updated for P3D4.

To install several of these airports, you need to download this file only once. Run it, enter your serial for CYUL and install. Afterwards run it again and enter your KBOS serial, run it again and enter TNCM serial and so on.

Uninstalling previous versions isn't necessary in most cases, unless it was installed into a custom location/moved or the Library entry has a custom label/was added manually. Uninstalling previous versions usually just consists of deleting the Folder Prepar3D v4/FlyTampa/XXXXX/

For future updates, this same Universal Installer will be used. It always downloads the latest version automatically so it will make our (and your) lives easier for future updates.
  • Like 2

Thanks for HU, Erich! That is nearly what I thought a "universal" installer is supposed to work.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, simbol said:

In which way? 🙂

S.

It was from Simmarket saying there was a new update for TNCM. No details.

Richie Walsh

I too never receive emails since I purchased from FT. So there's really no way of knowing if a scenery has an update unless you check the FT forums. Or run the Universal installer and enter the serial.
I like the way Flightbeam Manager works. Open it and it tells you there is an update.

29 minutes ago, Irishcurse said:

It was from Simmarket saying there was a new update for TNCM. No details.

I got informed that there was an Update which was a complete new installer and to remove the older version. That was pretty clear to me. Did not require any further details.

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The update that I would like to see would be for clearance to land on runway 22L at Copenhagen when I have specifically programmed this in the FMC. Repeatedly being told by ATC that I am cleared to land on runway 22R is starting to get annoying.

This will happen if the "North-East wind" configuration is active in the Copenhagen Control Panel when the winds favor runways 22s. If you switch to "South-East wind", you'll be directed to runway 22L. But as you may suspect, you cannot switch configuration while the simulator is running 😞

In order to avoid having to switch configuration, I made my own config ADE file using ADE software, in which I configured arrivals onto 04L and 22L only, and departures onto 04R and 22R only. I set runway 12-30 unused since I never want to use it. I gave the file a different name (AF2_EKCH_P3D_MOD.bgl) and disabled the 2 original ones (AF2_EKCH_FSX_ne.OFF and AF2_EKCH_FSX_se.OFF) to avoid any conflict. Works great with AI as well.

Norm. 

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

I already have (a modified version of) the South west winds option active. I think it is just an annoying quirk of the software that sometimes results in Landing/Take Off settings for various runways being ignored. After all, I have 22L open for landings and 22R closed for landings, but I still get instructed to land on 22R (as do some of the AI planes). That is something that should never happen, so LM need to sort it out.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

11 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I already have (a modified version of) the South west winds option active. I think it is just an annoying quirk of the software that sometimes results in Landing/Take Off settings for various runways being ignored. After all, I have 22L open for landings and 22R closed for landings, but I still get instructed to land on 22R (as do some of the AI planes). That is something that should never happen, so LM need to sort it out.

Check the AFCAD has both runway ends set to the same operation mode.

IE 22L/04R landing and 22R/04L takeoff. Mixed modes or single entry will not work.

I downloaded and installed into P3D v4.4 the updated Fly Tampa Netherlands Antilles as invited by email from SimMarket. After installation Saba Island is unusable with runway texture hovering above the airport scenery. The rest seems OK after limited testing.

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

After all, I have 22L open for landings and 22R closed for landings, but I still get instructed to land on 22R (as do some of the AI planes). That is something that should never happen, so LM need to sort it out.

Not true..
22L is preferred landing runway, but IRL I already have landed om 22R twice.
I asked the pilots and said it is not rare (but not common either)

Reading again, I think I misunderstood you.
You have 22R closed in AFCAD and was not referring to real life 🙂

Edited by Egbert Drenth
Correction

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Ignore ATC and land on whatever runway you want. What are they going to do - report you?

• Like 1

David Porrett