Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

AIG AI Manager question...

Just updated my AIG AI Manager to v0.8.4.3, it works fine, no issues...

If I want to uninstall a flight plan what's the proper way to go about that..?? I don't see an "uninstall" selection in any of the GUI drop down menus, but if you right click on an installed flight plan it gives you an option to delete, is that the correct way to uninstall a FP...??

Thanks.

Edited by SunDevil56

You could just go into your AIGAIM - OCI\Traffic Files\scenery folder and delete the traffic file for that airline. If you didn't have plans to add that airline back into the sim you could then also remove the aircraft repaints that it added as well. 

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

31 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

You could just go into your AIGAIM - OCI\Traffic Files\scenery folder and delete the traffic file for that airline. If you didn't have plans to add that airline back into the sim you could then also remove the aircraft repaints that it added as well. 

Thanks Dave...🙂

39 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

If you didn't have plans to add that airline back into the sim you could then also remove the aircraft repaints that it added as well. 

Really? If you manually delete these texture folders, do you have to go to aircraft.cfg to remove the entry? If so, how does this thing re-sequence the fltsim entries then? 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

26 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

If you manually delete these texture folders, do you have to go to aircraft.cfg to remove the entry? If so, how does this thing re-sequence the fltsim entries then? 

Yeah of course you also remove the entry. It's easiest to just grab (cut) the last or bottom entry and put it in place of the one you are removing. AIG AIM also has an option to renumber the cfg entries, but personally, I find it much easier and faster to just do it myself.

• Like 1

I don't think it does.

I use Renum.

36 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Really? If you manually delete these texture folders, do you have to go to aircraft.cfg to remove the entry? If so, how does this thing re-sequence the fltsim entries then? 

23 minutes ago, newtie said:

I don't think it does.

Not sure if you were referencing my post about AIG AIM renumbering or Drumcodes question, but in AIG AIM under the Fltsim tab is a renumber [Fltsim.x]-sections option. I haven't used it as I trust my own work over the automated version.

I’ve been right clicking and deleting that way with no ill effects.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I know it is an old topic but in case someone find himself/herself in this position, may I recomend AI-Aircraft Editor.NET (now version 3.3.30.0). Note that you need to choose AIAE.NET-Setup.zip (the one above it is the old version) . Although it helps to do a lot of things (I cannot live without it), in particular, the delete of any specific texture and the Fltsim entry is extreamely easy as it renumbers the aircraft.cfg for you. I wanted to share a picture showing how to do it but I realizecd it can't be uploaded.

I hope this is useful to someone

Cheers

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K