Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

TFDI 717 performance after update?

How do you guys calculate weight and balance, v speeds and takeoff assumed temps ?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Weight and CG are calculated with the provided config tool.  FMC calculates v-speeds.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

On 4/1/2019 at 8:24 AM, pilot10112 said:

I just got the aircraft and love it!!!! Thank you all so much! Only problem are the CTD on view switching

i have never had a CTD and i change views like a madman every flight....it's probably pc related and not TFDI's fault.

The question is.....does it now include a full manual save panel state option? Last time I checked, the options were "save after every flight" (which is not what I want) or "no save at all".

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's a great package, but I too get a CTD every time I use it in P3D 4.+ I can run it fine with the added camera view opened. That prevents a CTD but it dwindles the system resources very quickly and drains the performance away. It seems like they could "reverse engineer" it, knowing that the camera view prevents a CTD. Perhaps they are working on it. 

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Why is their forum so quiet....?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

4 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Easter week plus everyone uses Avsim👍😁

13 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

i have never had a CTD and i change views like a madman every flight....it's probably pc related and not TFDI's fault.

I don't think it's PC related. A lot of people with various configurations have had it. TFDI have acknowledged it. There's a well-known "workaround" for it (extra view). I think TFDI's stance is that it's a Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d issue.

1 hour ago, Shomron said:

Seems like most of team members /staff have left TFDi. While I appreciate the 717, i fear it will not evolve to anything more than we have today. And what happened to the new livery that was promised every friday? 

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I also have/had a look on this addon, but when i researched about it and came across this ctd thing, my whole excitement turned away.

In the official forum is a new post about this problem, and people have posted much.

https://forums.tfdidesign.com/index.php?/topic/4018-ctd-via-changing-views/

I read btw. about the "fix" on the official page but it sound more like a plaster to me instead of a fix. It also doesn't help when people say "that fix has no impact by me" yeah by you, but that doesn't count on everyone. I my self have just a mid range computer. A i7 3770k clocked up to 4.5ghz and the GPU is a GTX1060 with 6gb vram, yea i know not great but not terrible haha, and i use two 1080 displays. Everything runs smooth at 40fps locked, which i not always get at the airports because of here and there to high settings, but I'm okay with that. But i never drop below 25fps.

BUT, when i now would open another view, and even when i make the size as tiny as possible, im pretty sure my fps are cut in half. 

10 hours ago, DAL521 said:

I also have/had a look on this addon, but when i researched about it and came across this ctd thing, my whole excitement turned away.

In the official forum is a new post about this problem, and people have posted much.

https://forums.tfdidesign.com/index.php?/topic/4018-ctd-via-changing-views/

I read btw. about the "fix" on the official page but it sound more like a plaster to me instead of a fix. It also doesn't help when people say "that fix has no impact by me" yeah by you, but that doesn't count on everyone. I my self have just a mid range computer. A i7 3770k clocked up to 4.5ghz and the GPU is a GTX1060 with 6gb vram, yea i know not great but not terrible haha, and i use two 1080 displays. Everything runs smooth at 40fps locked, which i not always get at the airports because of here and there to high settings, but I'm okay with that. But i never drop below 25fps.

BUT, when i now would open another view, and even when i make the size as tiny as possible, im pretty sure my fps are cut in half. 

I have to say, i may be lucky but idk. I didn't update past the 1.1 version thing, and i don't get the CTD. I got some tomatoshade and it does perfectly its job. I don't know how you can install earlier versions now but if interested you can MP me and maybe have a chit-chat.

I like this bird because EVERYTHING is on the GPUs back. This allows for INCREDIBLE fps, even for my ugh, under average core 2 quad powered system with figures of 30,50,even 60 FPS! And it's quite a pleasure, specially after getting off the areas where my cpu clearly can't keep up with loading the autogen at a proper speed. My 1060 finally got to work with this plane. Now i run on P3Dv4.4, so idk if it's any different on v4.5. I'll tell you guys later on, when my new pc is finished with the sim working.