Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

Virtualcol A220 Released!

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, asustech said:

Thanks , I went ahead and purchased her ... took a little trip from Gatwick to Edinburgh and flew very nicely , engine noise on decent was a little tedious but I'm sure they may correct that in updates,  other than that,  she is a lot quieter in cruise than the 737 and very little effort to.fly . Love the map.display which I have missed in the 737 and the take off call outs ... only thing I did notice,  taxi lights and landing lights did not light up taxi ways or clouds like the ifly 737 does , they were definitely on as I checked on outside view ?

Hmmm... they are lighting up the taxi ways and runway for me just fine... don't know about the clouds, I haven't tried a night descent flying through clouds..

Maybe try installing the update if you haven't already done so....?? I understand what you're saying about the engine sounds, they can be a little wonky depending on the throttle setting, but I chalk this up to "this is what you get sound wise'" in a $25 add on aircraft. I would love to see TSS put out a proper engine sound set for this AC, I would get it for sure...😁


Scott

Share this post


Link to post

HI, one fix I found to get rid of the funny noise of the engines on decent is to edit the sound.ini file with notepad under your SimObjects\Airplanes\Vcol_ab220_100\Sound\   and add two forward slashes before the following lines and save your file:

//[JET_WHINE.1.09]
//filename=a220_an12
//flags=0
//viewpoint=1
//panning=0
//rparams=0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
//vparams=0.280000,0.000000,0.310000,18.000000,0.350000,46.808998,0.390000,100.000000,0.400000,100.000000,0.450000,50.000000,0.480000,18.000000,0.520000,0.000000
 

and

//[JET_WHINE.2.010]
//filename=a220_bn12
//flags=0
//viewpoint=1
//panning=0
//rparams=0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
//vparams=0.280000,0.000000,0.320000,18.000000,0.350000,50.000000,0.370000,100.000000,0.412804,98.936172,0.450000,50.000000,0.480000,18.000000,0.520000,0.000000

Then these sound files (a220_an12 and a220_bn12) will not be played and this solved it for me.

 

Hope this helps.

 

MarioR

 

 

Edited by MarioR
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, MarioR said:

HI, one fix I found to get rid of the funny noise of the engines on decent is to edit the sound.ini file with notepad under your SimObjects\Airplanes\Vcol_ab220_100\Sound\   and add two forward slashes before the following lines and save your file:

//[JET_WHINE.1.09]
//filename=a220_an12
//flags=0
//viewpoint=1
//panning=0
//rparams=0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
//vparams=0.280000,0.000000,0.310000,18.000000,0.350000,46.808998,0.390000,100.000000,0.400000,100.000000,0.450000,50.000000,0.480000,18.000000,0.520000,0.000000
 

and

//[JET_WHINE.2.010]
//filename=a220_bn12
//flags=0
//viewpoint=1
//panning=0
//rparams=0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
//vparams=0.280000,0.000000,0.320000,18.000000,0.350000,50.000000,0.370000,100.000000,0.412804,98.936172,0.450000,50.000000,0.480000,18.000000,0.520000,0.000000

Then these sound files (a220_an12 and a220_bn12) will not be played and this solved it for me.

 

Hope this helps.

 

MarioR

 

 

I'll definitely give that a try... Thanks Mario...😎


Scott

Share this post


Link to post

Looks interesting. How does it fly? Any 'surprises'? 


Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--
____________________
Scandinavian VA

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Looks interesting. How does it fly? Any 'surprises'? 

I've taken it on 3 or 4 flights now and I really like it. No surprises so far...

 

Russ

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Share this post


Link to post

Nice review and video Nick.

I think you're review is pretty much spot on... Nothing fancy here, but solid, and well worth the cost IMHO.

I did not see any references to a paint kit in the manual, where did you get the info about a paint kit..??

Would love to see some repaints for this, especially a 300 series in Delta colors, Delta has orders for 50 300's with deliveries beginning next year.


Scott

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

I'll definitely give that a try... Thanks Mario...😎

HI Sundevil56, my mistake, i meant the file called ''sound.cfg'' not sound.ini.   

 

Thanks

 

MarioR

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, MarioR said:

HI Sundevil56, my mistake, i meant the file called ''sound.cfg'' not sound.ini.   

 

Thanks

 

MarioR

No worries, I knew that anyway, but thanks for correcting it..

BTW Mario, the sound cfg edits you posted did make an improvement, so thanks for that..🙂

Edited by SunDevil56

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

I did not see any references to a paint kit in the manual, where did you get the info about a paint kit..??

If you go to the Virtualcol main website (not the store site) under the Products tab you will see "Paint Kits available" Click on that and it will give you a drop down list of all of their paint kits. The A220 kit is at the top of the list.

 

Russ

  • Upvote 2

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Share this post


Link to post

Just watched Capt Nicks review, in which he says that he hopes that someone will come up with a GTN750 integration for the A220. That would be great, but in the meantime, you can use the GTN with the aircraft right now as a separate popup window, which is what I do with all of my airplanes. Just wanted to mention this in case some folks didn't realize that you could do it that way...

 

Russ


Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

If you go to the Virtualcol main website (not the store site) under the Products tab you will see "Paint Kits available" Click on that and it will give you a drop down list of all of their paint kits. The A220 kit is at the top of the list.

 

Russ

Thanks Russ...!! It's much appreciated...😎

And thanks also for the GTN info, i'll have to check that out...

Edited by SunDevil56

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SunDevil56 said:

And thanks also for the GTN info, i'll have to check that out...

Just open the GTN Config app and assign the GTN to whatever aircraft you want it in. It will appear as a choice under "Vehicle/Instrument Panel". Then just resize and drag where you want it. I leave it docked as undocking it causes it to run very slow...

 

Russ

  • Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

No worries, I knew that anyway, but thanks for correcting it..

BTW Mario, the sound cfg edits you posted did make an improvement, so thanks for that..🙂

Excellent. I'm glad it did.

 

Mario

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...