Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Ultimate 787 Update - Version 1.1.3 Released

Anyone got the ASP4 working on a networked PC ? Weather forecast and wind injection.

I have the folder shared but cant get it to work with entry to the 787.cfg

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Anyone got the ASP4 working on a networked PC ? Weather forecast and wind injection.

I have the folder shared but cant get it to work with entry to the 787.cfg

Thanks

Michael Moe

Yes with a dirty workaround, my eng is bad hard to explain , short video you see it works.

here the paths did a fake HiFI folder in appdata on the sim PC .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnq87umnvhihgbj/snaphsot0069.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ntn5zf9itl6beq/snaphsot0070.png?dl=0

here how i set up the backup , on change of the AS P3Dv4 weather folder it only cange the files on the sim PC when it is a change in P3Dv4 weather.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ud3p9904ted6o8u/snaphsot0071.png?dl=0

vid and some pics

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4gromw6xvk035b/20190405_101314.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgfl7r6z25qxngv/20190405_101257.jpg?dl=0

Edited by westman

Performance of the QW787 on my PC is no worse than the PMDG aircraft.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, itsjase said:

Turn off the hires displays, they literally halve your fps.

Really! wow will try thank you.

Is that the ones that come as default or the lowres VAS ones?

15 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Performance of the QW787 on my PC is no worse than the PMDG aircraft.

Well I will see after using standard/low res ones

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I use the default displays, so I can't imagine that they are the highest resolution versions.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yep, the plane has some other issues, but in terms of the performance it's superb

OK, after watching that video link in Westman's post......someone needs to let me know how to get the "distance graticule" on the ND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Just the default ones.

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

OK, after watching that video link in Westman's post......someone needs to let me know how to get the "distance graticule" on the ND.

wx-radar on, have no prolem with ctd with wx

Edited by westman

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:48 AM, biloo said:

Hi

I am having a hard time performing full autoland using 787-9 after the update. In less than 6nm with calm head winds using Asp4 weather my plane starts to oscillate by banking left and right. It gets really bad at 500 ft above ground then I have to disable autopilot. 

Is anyone else experiencing this. I have experienced this flying into Heathrow then again into singapore. 

My fps count remains between 20 to 25 and I am using AIG with traffic set to 50%.

I also used activesky to insert wind data

Have to totally agree - exactly same thing happened to me last night approaching YMML from the south.

Ditto Active Sky and  with runway alignment 340, wind slight and from 350 - so 10 degree variation - should not have caused such wild autopilot behaviour

Last 1000 Feet , autopilot started banking left then right more and more severely as it tried to overcorrect. Disconnected autopilot and landed manually (I was hoping for a Cat III autoland) -

This needs a revisit

2 hours ago, ray hughes said:

Have to totally agree - exactly same thing happened to me last night approaching YMML from the south.

Ditto Active Sky and  with runway alignment 340, wind slight and from 350 - so 10 degree variation - should not have caused such wild autopilot behaviour

Last 1000 Feet , autopilot started banking left then right more and more severely as it tried to overcorrect. Disconnected autopilot and landed manually (I was hoping for a Cat III autoland) -

This needs a revisit

Thats because YMML 34 doesn't have an ILS, if you pressed the APP button you were doing a IAN approach as indicated by the FAC/GP on the PFD instead of LOC/GS.

You're right it starts to oscillate as you get closer to the runway, but This can't be used for autolands and needs to be disconnected earlier.

From what I've read, not many pilots use it and usually just stay in LNAV/VNAV and handfly further.

• Upvote 1

Is it just me, or does it sometimes take a bit of time for the LNAV and VNAV lights to activate when clicked during the MCP setup?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 4/2/2019 at 1:15 AM, itsjase said:

On the Legs page, bottom right.

Yeha, I found this and can do a request. But it seems like it doesn't load anything.

On 4/5/2019 at 11:46 AM, Nyxx said:

Well I will see after using standard/low res ones

Hi David. 

So how did it go regarding performance?

And did you just disabled in the configurator? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

22 hours ago, itsjase said:

Thats because YMML 34 doesn't have an ILS, if you pressed the APP button you were doing a IAN approach as indicated by the FAC/GP on the PFD instead of LOC/GS.

You're right it starts to oscillate as you get closer to the runway, but This can't be used for autolands and needs to be disconnected earlier.

From what I've read, not many pilots use it and usually just stay in LNAV/VNAV and handfly further.

I will need to check back with you... DID see LOC and GS highlighted on approach on the display - but remembered now you mentioned it the AIRAC 1904 shows other than an ILS34, but rather something like GP/ILS 34 for this runway .. So next time will choose 27 and test it out. Thanks for that. May have wrongly associated previous ILS behaviour and apologise to QW if this is the case.

PS. I am really enjoying this aircraft, So much fun to fly and the STEP AHEAD feature makes long hops so much more enjoyable without sitting in the drivers seat for hours on end.!!

Edited by ray hughes