Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Ultimate 787 Update - Version 1.1.3 Released

On 3/30/2019 at 6:50 AM, dray007 said:

I got low fps and its like fluctuating from 30 to 20 . is it normal? im only use chaseplane. btw my cpu is i7-4750hq 3.0ghz with GTX980m 4gb.

yes normal for your pc specs

The first time I bought it, I asked for a refund and returned it.

With the update, I've decided to re-purchase it and give it another shot. And I have zero regrets, I am absolutely loving it.

I feel like I can now really trust FMC and autopilot to do what it's supposed to be doing. The VNAV is more reliable, the speedbrakes work as expected, FPS performance is improved on my system, stability not an issue anymore. There are still a few issues (why do engines not always go to idle when i'm above the vnav path? My engines once shut down mid-flight due to some super-bizarre bug that apparently happens when a Carenado model is loaded on vatsim?), but all things considered it's become a rather fantastic product. The attention to detail is lovely and the developers appear to be making an effort to keep improving it while engaging with the customers.

Edited by flycln

In testing the new version, I agree. I did have one problem of the plane not properly descending on VNAV. It throttled back but maintained altitude while reducing speed.

Happened late in the descent when I was cleared from above 10,000 to below it. I idly wondered if maybe the plane was trying to slow below 250kts, not realizing that it was already below 250kts.

Also on the engine shutdown thing, I had that happen once too, in the previous version, on landing. Deployed reversers and both engines shut off. I don't use VATSIM, so it definitely wasn't that. I even posted a half-joking question to their forums asking if they really simulated that, since it happened shortly after a real 787 experienced a dual engine shutdown immediately upon deploying reversers.

Ive done several flights since the update and my biggest quirk is the VNAV descent at 70% N1. The descent profile is to shallow. Panel state is only partial. PFD/MFD brightness has to be adjusted in QW config, master brightness knob does nothing, at least during the day. Autopilot is smooth though.

Regarding a lot of people talking about VNAV descent.

Pretty sure the 787 vnav descent is an off-idle descent by design. They found that keeping the engines above idle during the descent meant you could adjust throttle to maintain the descent profile without having to use speedbrakes, which ends up being more efficient overall.

In saying that, it's still not perfect, and sometimes doesn't want to slow down for speed restrictions.

Edited by itsjase

My experience with the plane so far has revealed that the following items are not saved....

• panel definition lighting
  • TCAS
  • Flaps
  • Terrain on ND
  • Airports/Data etc. on ND

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

11 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

My experience with the plane so far has revealed that the following items are not saved....

• panel definition lighting
  • TCAS
  • Flaps
  • Terrain on ND
  • Airports/Data etc. on ND

What do you mean by "not saved"? Not saved after you reloaded the flight?

I always set up my next short flight after I have completed the last one, and then save it for my next flight session. When I load that saved scenario, those items mentioned above have not been saved.

EDIT: On a side note.....either the thrust reversers are not working properly on my PC, or they are not very effective (when compared to my PMDG aircraft)

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What are the panel states you can set as the startup state?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Not sure. I have based my comments on the default panel state function.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Any panel you save can be set as default in the cfg file I believe.

9 hours ago, Nyxx said:

For some reason I have lost my confidence in creating custom default panel state since update 1.1. It made my aircraft buggy in subsequent updates. Now I just switch to predefined cold and dark setup just like in pmdg 777. And it's very easy to power and configure from cold and dark.

Bilal Asif Khan

Having bought this tonight and set up chaseplane not done a flight I was disappointed in the FPS compared to PMDG its even lower that FSL. I did set up hi res for displays but .....

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Having bought this tonight and set up chaseplane not done a flight I was disappointed in the FPS compared to PMDG its even lower that FSL. I did set up hi res for displays but .....

Turn off the hires displays, they literally halve your fps.

8 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Its hard on the GPU, I run 4k and Hires with weather radar on no ctd.

disabled SLI the fps dropped , tested with one single 1070 QW787 sim was unflyable with my settings.

Then on the cpu/mem side its very hard in some conditions on the mems, figuerd that when helping a friend to get his pc stable.

he get sudden CTD or that P3D closing, swap his mems to one of my kits no problems then i tested his mems with xmp on my stable pc same type of ctd.

get his mems stable 200mz lower frq then xmp with same timings, the strange ting is that his mems had no errors in memtest with xmp and no ctd in P3d with PMDG and other airplanes.

Like this bird, but it can be harder on the system in some rare conditions both gpu and cpu/mem then for example FSL A320 and PMDG.