Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Ultimate 787 Update - Version 1.1.3 Released

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

although FLCH also had some issues).

What kind of issues? 


1. A320 home cockpit (Skalarki, VierImPott).  Main PC : I7-8700K@4.7 GHz, NVidia GTX1080Ti. Second PC for Displays : I5-8400, GTX 1060Ti.

2. P3D V4, FSLabs A320. Asus ROG Laptop I7-4720HQ, GTX 980M

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

What kind of issues? 

If you never noticed them, then they're probably inconsequential! 😈

  • Upvote 1

7700K@4.8 GHz - MSI Z270-A Pro - 4x8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3000 MHz - ZOTAC GTX 1080 TI @1683 MHz - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Saitek X-55 'Rhino', ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W10 Home 64 - P3D v4 - XP11

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

What kind of issues? 

I think from autothrottle logic issues related to the VNAV issues — since FLCH unlike VS is trying to maintain a speed rather than just a descent rate, the throttle was moving up and down dynamically as in VNAV to try to match the speed. Unfortunately, as in VNAV, the behavior didn’t always make sense. (Eg slowing descent rate to stay below commanded speed even when throttle is above idle — it should idle throttle first.)

Incidentally, I’m not trying to heap criticism on QW here, just trying to figure out if these issues (not showstopping but not inconsequential either in my view) were ironed out by the patch.

James

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

In our next update we plan on having a feature that scans for your livery entries and gives you the option to save them if you are chosing the update method rather than clean install. But it's been this way since day 1.

We apologize not being able to get it done in time for this update.

In the interim I personally recommend backing up your aircraft cfg for the -8 and -9 before the update, then carefully simply ONLY add the livery entries of your old cfg into the new cfg.

As Ben noted there have been quite a few changes so copying over the entire thing will erase part of the new FDE.

Technically we wouldn't openly suggest what I'm saying but I'll put my customer hat here on and it's what I would do to save the liveries, especially if not all the liveries come from us. Doing so will work perfectly fine as long as none of the aircraft related entries are overwritten and just the FLTSIM entries are updated.

If you don't want to edit the cfg or aren't comfortable (perfectly understandable) you have to reinstall via dispatcher but it can be batched all at once and can be done in moments as long as you have the original qwl files. I personally don't keep mine so I carefully do the manual copy and paste into the new cfg.

Wish I’d thought of this before I upgraded!! 😁

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, odourboy said:

If you never noticed them, then they're probably inconsequential! 😈

No, I haven't noticed them. I'm just trying to get a picture what to expect regarding AP behaviour, before purchase

 

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (Skalarki, VierImPott).  Main PC : I7-8700K@4.7 GHz, NVidia GTX1080Ti. Second PC for Displays : I5-8400, GTX 1060Ti.

2. P3D V4, FSLabs A320. Asus ROG Laptop I7-4720HQ, GTX 980M

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I think from autothrottle logic issues related to the VNAV issues — since FLCH unlike VS is trying to maintain a speed rather than just a descent rate, the throttle was moving up and down dynamically as in VNAV to try to match the speed. Unfortunately, as in VNAV, the behavior didn’t always make sense. (Eg slowing descent rate to stay below commanded speed even when throttle is above idle — it should idle throttle first.) 

Ok, thanks a lot. That's very valid info.

  • Like 1

1. A320 home cockpit (Skalarki, VierImPott).  Main PC : I7-8700K@4.7 GHz, NVidia GTX1080Ti. Second PC for Displays : I5-8400, GTX 1060Ti.

2. P3D V4, FSLabs A320. Asus ROG Laptop I7-4720HQ, GTX 980M

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Wish I’d thought of this before I upgraded!! 😁

Don't despair..

I decided not to mess with copying over the old AC cfg entries and textures to the upgrade, I simply re-downloaded the liveries I wanted, and then re-installed them with the dispatcher.

Downloading the liveries took only a few minutes, and the batch install feature of the QW 787 Dispatcher works great, it took less than a minute to install about 15  different liveries...😎

  • Upvote 1

Scott

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know how to get auto step climbs to work? 


 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, tooting said:

Does anyone know how to get auto step climbs to work? 

Are you referring to auto step climbs? If so there is a setting you need to activate in the qw787.cfg to reset the MCP altitude window when you get to the step climb position.  It's on page 411  of the users manual "SetMCPAltOnAutoStepClimb=1"

Edited by jalbino59

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen5 3600 @ 4.2Ghz - G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB DDR4 3600 CL16 (XMP)  - Gigabyte Aorus Elite X-570 WiFi - Asus ROG Strix RTX2060S 8gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 500gb - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.4.5, X-PLANE 11

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jalbino59 said:

Are you referring to auto step climbs? If so there is a setting you need to activate in the qw787.cfg to reset the MCP altitude window when you get to the step climb position.  It's on page 411  of the users manual "SetMCPAltOnAutoStepClimb=1"

I do wish they will come up with at PMDG/FSL stylish approach to having all the goodies options turned on/off via the MCDU/FMC.

Keeps it organised and also with a top view of features

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

I do wish they will come up with at PMDG/FSL stylish approach to having all the goodies options turned on/off via the MCDU/FMC

Me too.  There is nothing wrong with using the same simulation option methodologies used by PMDG.   The 787 is a great piece of software engineering and stands on its own merits. .  It isn't necessary to distinguish your brand by making the way you manage the simulation options, distinctly different. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

There might be legal reasons for it, though. If PMDG owns the rights to that method of doing things, then they might be able to go after QW if they used the same system. Using the FMS to control simulation settings isn't part of simulating the actual aircraft and so it's a unique approach that PMDG came up with. Other companies can't necessarily just "steal" that idea without compensation or consequence.

Remember several years back when iPhone and Samsung were in a big fight because Samsung's home button had curved corners when the iPhone home button was a circle, and also because Samsung phones used a similar interface like tap-to-zoom, and Apple said that was infringement?

That ended up in a $500,000,000+ verdict in Apple's favor, which was being appealed when the two companies settled for undisclosed terms.

Copying other people's ideas can be very expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, eslader said:

There might be legal reasons for it, though. If PMDG owns the rights to that method of doing things, then they might be able to go after QW if they used the same system. Using the FMS to control simulation settings isn't part of simulating the actual aircraft and so it's a unique approach that PMDG came up with. Other companies can't necessarily just "steal" that idea without compensation or consequence.

Remember several years back when iPhone and Samsung were in a big fight because Samsung's home button had curved corners when the iPhone home button was a circle, and also because Samsung phones used a similar interface like tap-to-zoom, and Apple said that was infringement?

That ended up in a $500,000,000+ verdict in Apple's favor, which was being appealed when the two companies settled for undisclosed terms.

Copying other people's ideas can be very expensive.

Someone didn't read the memo at FSLabs or Aerosoft then. They both also use the FMC / MCDU to control settings, which would suggest that either PMDG didn't copyright that process or FSL and Aerosoft paid royalties (unlikely).

Anyway, the obvious way around any potential issues would be to add the sim option controls to the EFB instead. Job done.

  • Like 1

Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO) / Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 / ASUS GTX 1070 O8G / 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz / triple monitor

P3Dv5 HF1 + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + ASP3D (beta) + ChasePlane + WIN 10 Pro
QW 757 787 / AS A32x A330 / MJC Dash 8 / A2A PA-28 / Carenado XL560 / PMDG 737 777 / FT E-Jets v2 / JF C152 / PA A380

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

I do wish they will come up with at PMDG/FSL stylish approach to having all the goodies options turned on/off via the MCDU/FMC.

Keeps it organised and also with a top view of features

Michael Moe

Actually you can mod some settings via the qwconfig on the eicas/mfd like for sounds and stuff


signature-dark.png

My system specs: Core 2 quad Q9650 @ 3.51ghz, GTX1060 6gb, 8gb ddr3 1333, 1Tb seagate barracuda, 500gb wd blue

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, eslader said:

There might be legal reasons for it, though. If PMDG owns the rights to that method of doing things, then they might be able to go after QW if they used the same system. Using the FMS to control simulation settings isn't part of simulating the actual aircraft and so it's a unique approach that PMDG came up with. Other companies can't necessarily just "steal" that idea without compensation or consequence.

There's a specific legal term for this - it's called a patent. I'd be shocked if any payware developer had the money to waste on them.

Cheers!

 


Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,170.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...