parachutem

Moment Plane crashed at Lukla Airport

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

RIP. poor souls. From what I could see, it appears the pilot tried to keep the plane straight, but to no avail:. It looked to me as if a lot of left rudder (full?) was applied before the plane veered to the right. Does the nosewheel operate with the rudder on that type of plane (small enough to not require a separate tiller?). Did the nosewheel steering break?

Another recent accident for us to speculate over until the final accident report.. interesting, but sad discussions.

Poor guy! Engine failure on take off has been speculated upon. Come to think of it, could asymmetric thrust have been a possible cause at Lukla?

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:06 PM, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Another recent twin engine plane crash... A Beechcraft Duke last week in Fullerton CA...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DvW-zUnC_Ds

It was just fortunate that the helo pilot was already to take off! I sure bet he had to change his underpants afterwards... :wacko:

8 hours ago, n4gix said:

It was just fortunate that the helo pilot was already to take off! I sure bet he had to change his underpants afterwards... :wacko:

What’s an interesting coincidence is two of the fatalities in the Lukla crash were inside the helicopter in which the Twotter collided into.

Engine failure below Vmcg it looks like... at any other airport he'd just go into the weeds, but not at that one obviously.  That place is like a carrier deck.