TalonMX

Cant figure out haze in the distance P3Dv4.4

I noticed at every location I go I have haze off in the distance. I cleared my shader and weather and I still get the same results. I have up my EXP=10, increased autogen/scenery draw distance, differnt times and seasons, etc. 

I only use Envtex and ActiveSky. AS is not on and I clear the weather locally. I even rebuilt my P3D.CFG . Any suggestions? 

Image 1

Image 2

First thought is well, yeah, there is always haze in the distance where you have moisture in the air.  Arctic and  desert regions provide a pretty good view depending on altitude.

Second thought is isn't envtex a shader hack intended to modify how the simulator renders stuff?

1 hour ago, downscc said:

First thought is well, yeah, there is always haze in the distance where you have moisture in the air.  Arctic and  desert regions provide a pretty good view depending on altitude.

Second thought is isn't envtex a shader hack intended to modify how the simulator renders stuff?

Yes, but I disable Envtex and restored, cleared shaders and cleared weather. Maybe I'm getting confused with P3Dv3.4 but I swore I could see further. I always use KSEA or KONT as my test airports. 

It's very rare to have unrestricted visibility. I would have thought for the most part it's relatively accurate.

• Like 2

I assume that you have tried increasing the visibility setting in the weather menu?

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I assume that you have tried increasing the visibility setting in the weather menu?

I run mine at 90.