IanHarrison

RTSS in P3D for adjusting refresh rates

I have read a lot of posts regarding refresh rates and would like to experiment for myself. One of the things is how to adjust a refresh rate of 60mhz down to 30 to "possibly" assist with smoothness. (My Monitor is only 60).

I have downloaded MSI afterburner and RTSS as suggested in one post but I cannot find any reference or settings for refresh rates.

Can some kind person point me in the right direction?

Ian Harrison

When you start RTSS it will likely be launched minimized in the taskbar, look for a blue monitor icon and click on it.

You should see two options in the right hand section of the GUI, Framerate Limit and Scanline Sync. If you want to use Scanline Sync then click on the text until it reads x/2 (for half of screen refresh rate). The value next to it defines the tearline, 1020 is a good start for 1080p, i'm stll playing around with this value. 

If you dont want these settings to have effect on any other games or applications you need to create an application profile for P3D or start RTSS only on demand

sfdJXa3.png 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Woozie said:

When you start RTSS it will likely be launched minimized in the taskbar, look for a blue monitor icon and click on it.

You should see two options in the right hand section of the GUI, Framerate Limit and Scanline Sync. If you want to use Scanline Sync then click on the text until it reads x/2 (for half of screen refresh rate). The value next to it defines the tearline, 1020 is a good start for 1080p, i'm stll playing around with this value. 

If you dont want these settings to have effect on any other games or applications you need to create an application profile for P3D or start RTSS only on demand

sfdJXa3.png 

Thank you for that explanation, I had tried this before but had issues with tearing, did not realise that the second number in scanline sync was for adjusting the "tear".

Cheers,

Bully.

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

Wenn Sie RTSS starten, wird es wahrscheinlich minimiert in der Taskleiste gestartet. Suchen Sie nach einem blauen Monitorsymbol und klicken Sie darauf.

Im rechten Bereich der Benutzeroberfläche sollten zwei Optionen angezeigt werden: Framerate Limit und Scanline Sync. Wenn Sie Scanline Sync verwenden möchten, klicken Sie auf den Text, bis x / 2 angezeigt wird (für die Hälfte der Bildschirmaktualisierungsrate). Der Wert daneben definiert die Tearline, 1020 ist ein guter Start für 1080p, ich werde nicht mit diesem Wert herumspielen. 

Wenn diese Einstellungen keine Auswirkungen auf andere Spiele oder Anwendungen haben sollen, müssen Sie ein Anwendungsprofil für P3D erstellen oder RTSS nur bei Bedarf starten

sfdJXa3.png 

What do you set for a value at 3840 x 2160 ???

Best 

Torsten

What situation or benefit is this software for? 

Thanks Michael Moe