Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Captain Sim 757 Base Updated to V1.4

I am thinking about buying.

Can anyone post screenshots with FPS? It is desirable simultaneously with PMDG. On the same spot

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

What about the 767?  How is it fairing in P3Dv4?

spacer.png

6 hours ago, BMW969 said:

I am thinking about buying.

Can anyone post screenshots with FPS? It is desirable simultaneously with PMDG. On the same spot

Here's my fps report from the FSUIPC.log.  Flight was with the CS757 from FSDT KLAX and FlightBeam KSFO using ASP4, MegaScenery SoCal/NoCal, Ultimate Traffic Live, P3Dv4.5:

Minimum frame rate was 25.1 fps, Maximum was 64.4 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 3263 secs = 40.2 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 301 aircraft

Here's a flight with the PMDG 747 using the same flightplan, scenery, weather, and AI traffic as above:

Minimum frame rate was 24.5 fps, Maximum was 77.5 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 2754 secs = 52.5 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 246 aircraft

With the PMDG 777

Minimum frame rate was 18.5 fps, Maximum was 69.8 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 3424 secs = 47.3 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 268 aircraft

My system specs are in my signature.  The flights were not completed simultaneously.  Hope you find someone who can test simultaneously.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

What about the 767?  How is it fairing in P3Dv4?

Not released yet, unfortunately.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Here's my fps report from the FSUIPC.log.  Flight was with the CS757 from FSDT KLAX and FlightBeam KSFO using ASP4, MegaScenery SoCal/NoCal, Ultimate Traffic Live, P3Dv4.5:

Minimum frame rate was 25.1 fps, Maximum was 64.4 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 3263 secs = 40.2 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 301 aircraft

Here's a flight with the PMDG 747 using the same flightplan, scenery, weather, and AI traffic as above:

Minimum frame rate was 24.5 fps, Maximum was 77.5 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 2754 secs = 52.5 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 246 aircraft

With the PMDG 777

Minimum frame rate was 18.5 fps, Maximum was 69.8 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 3424 secs = 47.3 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 268 aircraft

My system specs are in my signature.  The flights were not completed simultaneously.  Hope you find someone who can test simultaneously.

Thanks for the exhaustive information.!

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

On 7/4/2019 at 5:25 PM, Jim Young said:

Minimum frame rate was 25.1 fps

and that's on a 5Ghz system, probably while landing. I have DRZ KSEA and it's relatively smooth with any aircraft except the CS757 but I'm not that fussy.

I just don't know if this is normal or not but reading the CS and other forums it still seems to have a vnav issue. I'm learning and making my way into IFR-High and I think the CS757 is a good start for that, and for example I don't know if other planes like PMDG, QW or Majestic since I don't have those do this, but do they automatically performs vnav functions according to the FMC, in other words once it reaches a waypoint for decent will it automatically follow the speed and descend to programmed altitude ?

If you look at an old archive post here 

the last post by firehawk44 he says " I usually disable the VNAV just before the TOD and manually enter the Altitude and V/S as it makes for a smoother descent."

Honestly I feel like I'm mastering this plane and FMC, I had a perfect flight yesterday KSFO SNTNA2.GRTFL direct to RBL J1 BTG HAWKZ7.BTG via SONDR to 34L KSEA I've done this flight a dozen times and no matter what vnav just isn't functional and disconnects at decent, maybe this is just normal but if I do my decent manually it's perfect.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I just did the same flight and noticed that as long as the alt-selector is below the vnav everything worked perfectly all the way to the APP and landed perfectly.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, FPStewy said:

I just did the same flight and noticed that as long as the alt-selector is below the vnav everything worked perfectly all the way to the APP and landed perfectly.

Yes, that is usually how it works. Typically the FMC would give you a message along the lines of "RESET MCP ALT", to alert you to set the altitude correctly. If you don't do that the A/P will just stay on your current altitude.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

and that's on a 5Ghz system, probably while landing

I think the low FPS happens during the loading phase.

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

I've done this flight a dozen times and no matter what vnav just isn't functional and disconnects at decent, maybe this is just normal but if I do my decent manually it's perfect. 

If you engage the APP for the glideslope, the VNAV will disconnect as APP has taken over the landing.  I no longer disengage the A/T ARM until I land.  You can do either/or.  Make sure you set the VREF for landing with a 30 degree flap setting.  I click on Init Ref on the FMC.  It will then show the various speeds for each flap setting based on the gross weight.  I click on the setting for Flaps 30 and then just below that click on the empty box and the Flap 30 speed shows up.  When landing and in APP mode, you begin lowering the flaps and the aircraft should slow to the appropriate flap speed based on gross weight.  You will then have to click on Speed and manually lower the Flap 30 speed as this is not done automatically.  Sometimes it will automatically release the speed button and you can lower it to the landing speed.  It could be 170, 140, 125.  It all depends on the VREF for Flaps 30.  The aircraft will then slow to that speed and you can safely land.

4 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

as long as the alt-selector is below the vnav everything worked perfectly all the way to the APP and landed perfectly.

I usually lower the altitude to 1000 immediately at the beginning the descent.  If you do not do something like this, then the aircraft will stop descending at the altitude you have set.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I usually lower the altitude to 1000 immediately at the beginning the descent.  If you do not do something like this, then the aircraft will stop descending at the altitude you have set.

yeap that's exactly it, also do you know if there's any indication on the HSI as to when to hit the app ? what I mean is that is there an indication on the HSI that says I got the GS ?

17 hours ago, FPStewy said:

yeap that's exactly it, also do you know if there's any indication on the HSI as to when to hit the app ? what I mean is that is there an indication on the HSI that says I got the GS ?

I could not find a policy or rule for initiating the APP but generally I'll engage it when I'm on the flight path as indicated on the HSI and a little more before I arrive at the glideslope.  The three command lights should show up when it is properly engaged and you'll likely see the three green message on the HSI soon after arriving at the glideslope.  The Legs page on the FMC shows when you are on the glideslope based on the STAR you selected.  If the three command lights do not show up, then it is not properly engaged.  I would suspect there is no rule used by all pilots for engaging the APP, only that you are on the proper flight path.  Just too many things the pilot and co-pilot are doing to worry about the proper altitude, first waypoint in the glideslope, etc.  But, not to worry because you know the APP is working properly when the three command lights are illuminated. If not engaged on the glideslope, then you most likely have not set your aircraft properly for a landing.  You can still land but I would be prepared to do it manually.  Look for warnings in the FMC as you might have forgotten to lower the altitude.  The LNAV/VNAV will disengage too.

The Captain Sim Manuals for the latest 757 are poorly written when it comes to procedures and the proper steps.  Yes, an explanation of the HSI and other panel buttons are well done because it is so easy to describe every icon shown in the HSI.  But, I could not find any procedure used for engaging the APP.  I found a description of the APP on page 241, Manual_Part2, but that's all.  Starting at Page 37 Manual_Part 3 (Normal Procedures), the guide does not mention engaging APP (Descending, Approach, Landing Procedures). I finally found it on Page 48, Part 3 Manual.  Look in the lower left corner of the page.

Hope this helps.  Apologize for the late response.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I'm pretty dissapointed with my purchase. Both with the product, and the developers attitude. To those with low frame rates, I would suggest disabling the 3D Cabin from the configurator, it easily adds 5-10 fps.

10 hours ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

To those with low frame rates, I would suggest disabling the 3D Cabin from the configurator, it easily adds 5-10 fps.

actually that did help with my fps, and I on the other hand am quite happy with it, it's a very good learning tube, I just didn't want to go into a plane push a button and fly, it's like getting on a kicking bronco for the first time but once you brake it in, it's quite nice to fly. If I can fly this I'm pretty confident that I can move up to other planes now.

BTW CaptainMac had a good tip on the GS, all ILS charts have an FAF (Final Approach Fix) for ex at KOLM it's opoyu at GS2400 so just before your TOD just set your Alt-Sel to 2400