Jim Young

Captain Sim 757 Base Updated to V1.4

VERSION 1.4 (31MAY’19)
BASE PACK
New features:
– Adjustable acceleration and rotation speed of rotary knobs (VOR/DME, MCP etc).
– APU shut down cooldown cycle.
– EICAS advisory message that the CTR Fuel Tanks are empty.
Fixed:
– NO AUTOLAND should not be displayed on the Autoland Status Annunciator once the IRSs have aligned.
– Before engine start, Center 2 Electric Hydraulic Pump should automatically load shed.
– Oil pressure turned red after engine shut down on the ground.
– Utility Buses do not load shed during engine start. Utility Buses do not load shed if thrust levers are moved while on the ground and the engines are not running.
– EPR remains illuminated on MCP after takeoff and VNAV has been selected.
– FMS CDU DSPY light lights up red but should light up white.
– Abeam points (WID01/BUB02/WIL03) display.
– On REF page, ILS course displays as only two digits but should be three.
– ALIGN lights on IRS panel don’t illuminate long enough after IRS switches moved to OFF. They should illuminate for about 20 seconds while the gyros begin to spin down.
– Fuel Config light on overhead panel should be illuminated while on the ground with the Center Fuel Pumps on and both engines shut down.
– Terrain displays on ND with IRS not aligned.
– Spar Valve extinguished before engine valve.
– Fuel panel on the overhead remains on after the aircraft has been completely powered down.
– TAKEOFF REF page 2/2 REF OAT negative temprature entry is one degree C higher than entered.
– In PLAN mode the STEP prompt is missing on the LEGS page when in use on the right FMC.
– TERR RANGE DISAGREE message with left and right ND set to different zoom levels.
– When doing any changes on the MCP that affect the A/T mode the MCP speed is matched to the actual airspeed.
– Pressing the MCP speed knob while in VNAV PTH should activate VNAV SPD mode.
– Changing the fuel to 14.0 tons the Payload automatically decreases to 19.6 tons.
– The red beacon light is flashing inside the virtual cockpit.
The 300 EXPANSION
– VC viewpoints and lights position corrected.

TO GET THE LATEST VERSION:
1. Turn OFF your antivirus including default Windows Defender.
2. Login to Your Profile, navigate: Product Name > Extended Download Service.
3. Download the latest version of the product(s) to any folder on your computer.
4. Make sure your simulator is not running.
5. Run the installer .exe file(s) as Administrator and follow the installer(s) prompts.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you Jim.  Running the installer presents the option to repair or remove.  Repair?

Edited by SAX702

Very underrated aircraft; unlike past Capt Sim offerings, this ones A/T and AP systems function flawlessly.  The SDK makes SPAD configs a breeze.  I picked it up 25 USD and consider it one of the best value purchased in a long time   

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The autopilot/autothrottle functions were not perfect in the previous version, although it appears (based on that FIXED list) that VNAP SPD mode might be working properly now. I am also curious to know if the "take off trim setting" problems have been corrected....

Edited by Christopher Low

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The autopilot/autothrottle functions were not perfect in the previous version, although it appears (based on that FIXED list) that VNAP SPD mode might be working properly now. I am also curious to know if the "take off trim setting" problems have been corrected....

They were corrected in 1.3, I believe.  For me, this aircrafts automated systems are persistently reliable now.  Again, in my situation, that wasn’t always the case with other CS offerings. Also, they’re now listening to their customers and have added several requested features (e.g ability to load fuel/pax via FMC, V1/VR/V2 call outs, etc). The FDE still needs to be tweaked as I find it a little ‘loose’ on approach.  Otherwise, it’s a really good rendition of the 757 and I hope the carry the code forward to a 767.  

1 hour ago, SAX702 said:

Thank you Jim.  Running the installer presents the option to repair or remove.  Repair?

Same here. I'm waiting for confirmation on this from the CS forum

They were corrected in 1.3, I believe.

They were definitely not corrected in 1.3, as that was the version that I tested.

Howdy:

Holding off the update.  Someone in the CS forum is reporting issues. 

Also, I too am waiting to confirm if this is a full or update only install.

CS communication is not the best.

5 hours ago, SAX702 said:

Repair.

• Like 1

It's a fun plane but god performance is awful for me.  Does anyone notice any improvement or is it still the same?

7 hours ago, kingm56 said:

ability to load fuel/pax via FMC.  

I didn't know this was possible with this plane? That's a pretty good feature.

Its still a heavy frame rate hitter for me. FSLabs actually runs better lol.

51 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I didn't know this was possible with this plane? That's a pretty good feature.

Yes it was added a few updates ago...definitely a welcome feature!

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

Yes it was added a few updates ago...definitely a welcome feature!

It certainly is! I just wish that it’d give an indication of maximum amounts. I’m currently sort of guessing what loads to punch in, which can be a bit bothersome.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I’m currently sort of guessing what loads to punch in, which can be a bit bothersome

It does it automatically (after clicking on Request).  No need to punch anything.

Edited by Jim Young
Added (after clicking on Request)

Where does it gather information from when using the request button or is it random?

I plan my flight in pfpx, write down my fuel and zfw figures and plug those in.

25 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

It does it automatically (after clicking on Request).  No need to punch anything.

I believe you're describing a different page. I'm talking about the 'fake' loading pages where you can determine the number of pax, cargo weight, short/normal.long haul fuel loads, etc. I wish they would have included maximum amounts that the aircraft can hold, so I have a reference of how many pax I can load, for instance. I didn't see that there's a 'request' button here?

4 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I believe you're describing a different page. I'm talking about the 'fake' loading pages where you can determine the number of pax, cargo weight, short/normal.long haul fuel loads, etc. I wish they would have included maximum amounts that the aircraft can hold, so I have a reference of how many pax I can load, for instance. I didn't see that there's a 'request' button here?

I’m not sure why you need the max values?  They should be listed on your dispatch and/or load sheet. 

If your weights are outside the envelope, you won’t be presented with vSpds on the init ref page.  I believe that’s what Jim was referring to. 

14 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Howdy:

Holding off the update.  Someone in the CS forum is reporting issues. 

Also, I too am waiting to confirm if this is a full or update only install.

CS communication is not the best.

Regression issues since v1.3 or known issues still not fixed?

34 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I wish they would have included maximum amounts that the aircraft can hold, so I have a reference of how many pax I can load, for instance. I didn't see that there's a 'request' button here?

When you load the aircraft for a long flight, and set the fuel needed, the passengers and cargo, if it is too much, you'll receive a notice that you are grossly overweight (see below).  So you have to adjust maybe the cargo or passengers until the warning notice goes away.  This is the data you, as the pilot, would send to your Operations Center.  When you go to the FMC, and the performance page, click on Request and your Operations Center will automatically enter the data for you as they have huge computers who can provide the correct data and you and your co-pilot do not have to figure it out.  You should do this with every flight as sometimes I have not and the APP will always land me short of the runway.

24 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

f your weights are outside the envelope, you won’t be presented with vSpds on the init ref page.  I believe that’s what Jim was referring to. 

This is correct.  Thanks.

757FMC.png

10 hours ago, Riah069 said:

Its still a heavy frame rate hitter for me. FSLabs actually runs better lol.

Same for me. I wish CaptainSim would fix the performance but they say they can't. 

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

Same for me. I wish CaptainSim would fix the performance but they say they can't. 

On my 4 year old system, this aircraft consumes as much FPS as my PMDG 777. 

Posted (edited)

Yesterday during the New York Vatsim event I flew into DD KEWR in the PMDG777. Performance was smooth, even with DD Demo NYC X, Imaginesim KLGA and FSDT KJFK. I decided to fly out in the CS757. On the ground in KWER was like a stutter fest. It was not smooth at all when in the VC.  Switched back to the 777 and it was smooth again. I’m at the point we’re I'm just going to uninstall the plane.

Edited by Wise87

Performance is awful for me. Any large/complex airport is a stutter fest. So bad that I gave up on it due to that and the other issues that keep going not fixed.