Jim Young

Captain Sim 757 Base Updated to V1.4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

Performance is awful for me. Any large/complex airport is a stutter fest. So bad that I gave up on it due to that and the other issues that keep going not fixed.

What issues have gone unfixed?  My apologies, but this feels like an opinion based on past CS offerings and not the current 757. Considering this is now the 4th update, I believe your notion, as it relates to ‘fixes’, is unfounded   

I won’t argue the FPS point as everyone milage is different; all I can say is the CS FPS consumption is on par with my other high end aircraft.  Having just checked my ACARS from my latest 757 flight, I averaged 32.7 FPS in P3D 4.5.  The flight after that averaged 34.8 in the Aerosoft A319.  Again, everyone mileage vary.

Edited by kingm56

This is not based on past CS offerings. This is based on the current 757 and the price point they charged for it.

My two big issues that have gone unfixed the entire time:

-Plane badly out of trim at takeoff when trim set based on either a) FMC value or b) Table value in manual

-Issues with physical throttles interfering with auto-throttle

2 hours ago, kingm56 said:

On my 4 year old system, this aircraft consumes as much FPS as my PMDG 777. 

I get significantly worse than pmdg planes. I can get acceptable performance even at the heaviest airports in most other planes. A bit less with aerosoft. And then CS is just a whole lot worse. I can only use it into smaller airports which kind of sucks. My system isn’t great but it’s no slouch either. 

Posted (edited)

I have just installed v1.4 in P3D v4, and I want to configure a "base scenario" file with various settings. However, I do not seem to be able to get the panel lighting to work......or is this "dynamic lighting only"? The dome light and flood lighting work, but not those "outlines" around buttons and switches.

I will need to test it with respect to performance, but I remember the framerates being more than acceptable when I tested v1.3 at UK2000 Aberdeen Xtreme on my modest PC (and that was with the cabin enabled).

Edited by Christopher Low

Posted (edited)

Lights (except for dome) are linked to the old fsx legacy texture lighting system that only comes on at certain times of day (likely after the “night” preset time in the menu). They will not turn on at dusk even when the knob is turned to on.

Another huge drawback for this plane.

Edited by JasonPC

47 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

Lights (except for dome) are linked to the old fsx legacy texture lighting system that only comes on at certain times of day (likely after the “night” preset time in the menu). They will not turn on at dusk even when the knob is turned to on.

Another huge drawback for this plane.

Agreed. Honestly, simply not acceptable at this price point. Scratching my head why they went down this route. Is a custom cockpit lighting system really such a heavy lift for a big-league developer?

James

Of all things to complain about is lighting.  There is lighting in the a/c that is visible in the daytime and at night in several configurations.  Look overhead and on the left side of the captains panels.  Then fly the airplane without getting so worked up about nothing.

If this were in CS’s typical price point lighting would be no big deal. But everything else in the +$60 range has superior lighting.

There are certain times at dusk where it’s impossible to see various knobs and buttons and you are forced to turn the dome light on, if you can find it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The dome light is at the front of the overhead panel. Very easy to find. As for the panel lighting, I just prefer the visual effect with all of those buttons and switches outlined with light. It looks nice :smile:

4 hours ago, JasonPC said:

If this were in CS’s typical price point lighting would be no big deal. But everything else in the +$60 range has superior lighting.

There are certain times at dusk where it’s impossible to see various knobs and buttons and you are forced to turn the dome light on, if you can find it.

You might try using FSLabs' (now freeware) Spotlights as an alternative to the dome lights.

Regards

Posted (edited)

I set the time of day to early twilight, and the panel lighting is now visible when I turn the appropriate knobs. Now I need to take it for a test flight, to see if that take off trim problem has been corrected, and the autopilot behaves itself during the initial climb phase....

Posted (edited)

A quick test flight this evening seems to indicate that the "incorrect tale off trim" issue has not been resolved with v1.4. I also still get the "terrain" warning just after take off.

So what's the verdict? I see no version released after 1.4.

Should I go and update from v1.3?

There was a hotfix after 1.4 but I did not install it.  My installation is working very well.

16 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

There was a hotfix after 1.4 but I did not install it.  My installation is working very well.

Thanks for some reason this HF is not showing up under OPS

Does this hotfix address the incorrect take off trim calculations (and the spurious terrain warning message)?

On 6/1/2019 at 2:41 PM, kingm56 said:

Very underrated aircraft; unlike past Capt Sim offerings, this ones A/T and AP systems function flawlessly.  The SDK makes SPAD configs a breeze.  I picked it up 25 USD and consider it one of the best value purchased in a long time   

I have to agree.  This rendition of CS's 757 is underrated.  I have to give CS their due on this.  However, their tier pricing still needs to be fixed.  I'm glad I was able to get it during the $25 sale, but feel for the others that paid more.

I paid the 757 price and I am perfectly happy to have done so.

I have the entire range of Captain Sim aircraft and enjoy them all.

Then I am not a pilot, I do not demand perfection and I have never

counted rivets.

Latest version is 1.404.  You can download the entire full executable from your store account.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Latest version is 1.404.  You can download the entire full executable from your store account.

Cool.  What's this fix to a fix, to a fix, to a fix...

Also, I'm only seeing 1404 for the 757PW.  Do you anything about the other 757s?  The F,-300, and RR.

Thanks.

Edited by Dreamflight767

On 6/1/2019 at 12:40 PM, Jim Young said:

VERSION 1.4 (31MAY’19)
BASE PACK
New features:
– Adjustable acceleration and rotation speed of rotary knobs (VOR/DME, MCP etc).
– APU shut down cooldown cycle.
– EICAS advisory message that the CTR Fuel Tanks are empty.
Fixed:
– NO AUTOLAND should not be displayed on the Autoland Status Annunciator once the IRSs have aligned.
– Before engine start, Center 2 Electric Hydraulic Pump should automatically load shed.
– Oil pressure turned red after engine shut down on the ground.
– Utility Buses do not load shed during engine start. Utility Buses do not load shed if thrust levers are moved while on the ground and the engines are not running.
– EPR remains illuminated on MCP after takeoff and VNAV has been selected.
– FMS CDU DSPY light lights up red but should light up white.
– Abeam points (WID01/BUB02/WIL03) display.
– On REF page, ILS course displays as only two digits but should be three.
– ALIGN lights on IRS panel don’t illuminate long enough after IRS switches moved to OFF. They should illuminate for about 20 seconds while the gyros begin to spin down.
– Fuel Config light on overhead panel should be illuminated while on the ground with the Center Fuel Pumps on and both engines shut down.
– Terrain displays on ND with IRS not aligned.
– Spar Valve extinguished before engine valve.
– Fuel panel on the overhead remains on after the aircraft has been completely powered down.
– TAKEOFF REF page 2/2 REF OAT negative temprature entry is one degree C higher than entered.
– In PLAN mode the STEP prompt is missing on the LEGS page when in use on the right FMC.
– TERR RANGE DISAGREE message with left and right ND set to different zoom levels.
– When doing any changes on the MCP that affect the A/T mode the MCP speed is matched to the actual airspeed.
– Pressing the MCP speed knob while in VNAV PTH should activate VNAV SPD mode.
– Changing the fuel to 14.0 tons the Payload automatically decreases to 19.6 tons.
– The red beacon light is flashing inside the virtual cockpit.
The 300 EXPANSION
– VC viewpoints and lights position corrected.

TO GET THE LATEST VERSION:
1. Turn OFF your antivirus including default Windows Defender.
2. Login to Your Profile, navigate: Product Name > Extended Download Service.
3. Download the latest version of the product(s) to any folder on your computer.
4. Make sure your simulator is not running.
5. Run the installer .exe file(s) as Administrator and follow the installer(s) prompts.

Hello Jim:

I am a newcomer to CS 757 and like what I see so far. I've flown a number of flights and have 2 nagging issues I don't understand and would appreciate any light you can shed. I am running the latest 1.4 level, having just downloaded it yesterday.

1. I do not hear v1, Rotate, v2, or any callouts at all on approach. Isn't there supposed to be such? All other sounds seem fine in the cockpit, switches, buttons, etc.

2. I can't seem to get the terrain display to work. I see the callout on the HSI but no terrain. And I just flew into RNO with lotsa terrain.

Grateful for any help or pointers.

Rick

3 hours ago, Wink207 said:

1. I do not hear v1, Rotate, v2, or any callouts at all on approach. Isn't there supposed to be such? All other sounds seem fine in the cockpit, switches, buttons, etc.

You will only hear that at takeoff.