Sign in to follow this  
YMMB

Historically which sim developers have worked with MS for FS.?

As we have read MS mentioned working with the FS community and I was just wondering historically in past versions of FS which developers, current or no longer working have been involved before the product's release.

On my limited knowledge, if an SDK is freely available and commercial arrangements are mutually satisfactory then any developer should be happy to have a new FS product to market into.

I was just actually wondering the same thing. According to a lot of developers they saw the trailer for the new sim the same time we all did. So that made me think, in previous releases such as FS9 and FSX, were there any developers that had a jumpstart on development before the release or did Microsoft release the product first and then developers got started on add-ons after.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I think back in the days of FS9, FlyTampa and maybe Simflyers had a hand in some of the default High Detail city airports like KMIA, KORD, KLAX, etc. This is what I head from another developer that I can’t name.

FSDT made the gauges and VC for the F/A-18 in the FSX Acceleration pack.

Orbx provided the ground textures in the DTG sim.

We know that some developers have produced some of the default planes in P3D.

There are probably a lot more developers who’ve been contracted to provide some of the content for past and up coming sims but since they are under an NDA they never speak of it or we never hear about it even after the sim has been released.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Mallard Software 😄 (OK I'm outta here)

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

"Things-to-Come" (Frank Maetzler and Jurgen Altziebler) made Edwards Air Force Base (KEDW)

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!