Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Announce of last version of P3Dv4 by LM?

Hi mates,

I moved to P3D last autumn so I do not know the Lockeed Martin's practice.

I was wondering if Lockeed Martin practice is to announce when the last version of a series is reached? That is the last version of P3Dv2, the last version of P3Dv3?

- TONY -
ugcx_banner.png

I know the relase history. Sorry I was not clear so I rephrase.

For example, if LM plans 4.6 to be the last version of the 4 series, when 4.6 is out, does LM say clearly that it is the last version of the 4 series? Or do we know only when 5 is released?

- TONY -
ugcx_banner.png

Posted (edited)

Typically we'll only know when 5 is announced. They've not gone beyond 5 subversions before, a .6 release would be a first. But that's not to say it won't happen, the shift to 64 bit was very big.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. Find my spec and settings in "About me" on my profile.

support1.jpg

7 minutes ago, Simicro said:

I know the relase history. Sorry I was not clear so I rephrase.

For example, if LM plans 4.6 to be the last version of the 4 series, when 4.6 is out, does LM say clearly that it is the last version of the 4 series? Or do we know only when 5 is released?

LM are very tight lipps! You will not find anything related to versions, updates or else.

The only thing they said is that v4 could have probably more iterations then any previous version...

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 4790 / ASUS H87-PRO / MSI GTX 970 / 16 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 24" Full HD.

WIN 10 HOME 64 + P3D v4 + GEP3D + UTX Europe + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX Trees HD + ASP4 + ASCA/SF3D + ENVTEX + ENVSHADE + GSX + EZCA + (EnvForce).

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Thank you both, you did answer to my question 🙂

- TONY -
ugcx_banner.png

I remember seeing in an interview with one of the principals at LM/P3D in the not-too-distant past, and he said that they were planning on extending v4 still more before a v5 would emerge.  So v4 has still got some legs on it yet, I think.

Regards

• Like 5

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box