Sign in to follow this  
SAS443

Turbulence and conflicting software?

I have a question regarding how to enhance the experience of turbulence. 

With the addition of Real Turbulence software, would it not be some sort of conflict if I run that alongside ezdok v3's turbulence creation algorithms (which actually impacts the aircraft flight path). Both make use of jacking information from AS16.

I just do not want to have a messy experience caused by turbulence from several different sources. Now, I understand that MA Real Turb focuses on mechanical/terrain induced turbulence and wind shears, so maybe all three of them (Real Turb, AS16 and ezdok v3) can co-exist?

I am little confused here. 

Fyi: I have emailed the developer of real turbulence, awaiting a reply

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I was wondering exactly the same. I like the head movement from Ezdok 3, but was considering Real Turbulence as well. 

beta.gif

ASP4+Real Turb + Ezydok V3  = Awesome. Now with Real Turb, you just install and forget, no configuring. It is a great combo, and the dev is a real A320 driver.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Will it work with ChasePlane as well. Is this meant for tube liners or can it also be effectively used with smaller GA?

10 minutes ago, paddler said:

Will it work with ChasePlane as well. Is this meant for tube liners or can it also be effectively used with smaller GA?

Can be used with any plane. Just make sure you set your turb settings in your weather engine as instructed by your aircraft developer, example FSLabs A320, PMDG etc

Will work with ChasePlane

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

ASP4+Real Turb + Ezydok V3  = Awesome. Now with Real Turb, you just install and forget, no configuring. It is a great combo, and the dev is a real A320 driver.

Thank you for your reply. 🙂
But I guess I am looking for a more factual explanation.
How can I re-assure than the generated turbulence is exactly how the developer of Real Turbulence intended, and at the same time enjoy the benefits that EZDOK v3 provides. Do  I need to disable anything in EZDOK?

The topic is very similar to what we have seen with REX EF alongside PTA and ENVDIR (but for graphical depiction obviously).

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

24 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

How can I re-assure than the generated turbulence is exactly how the developer of Real Turbulence intended, and at the same time enjoy the benefits that EZDOK v3 provides. Do  I need to disable anything in EZDOK?

The topic is very similar to what we have seen with REX EF alongside PTA and ENVDIR (but for graphical depiction obviously).

Don't try to over complicate it, and all will be fine. Real Turb gives you realism, nothing else. No configurations to manage, like Rex EF. There is a free version at Simmarket you can download, Africa and Antarctica. Try the free one first, and if it is not your cup of tea, then just move on.

Edit: You don't need to touch Ezydok. It is not supplementary to Ezydok, but it is to your weather engine, Best results would be with ASP4 of course.

Edited by ZKOKQ

@SAS443 Here is a video in the FSL A320 after departing YMML. It was reported in Live_ATC very severe turbulence on this day, up to FL330. You will notice that the AP never disconnected. It was a rough ride, and have experience that in real life departing that airport. Especially the prevailing winds off the red desert.

Real Turb Oceania, EZD 3 and ASP4. Turbulence setting on ASP 4 set at 20.

Edited by ZKOKQ

AFAIK, EZCA is getting weather data from P3D, no matter which weather engine (internal or third party) provides it.
So RealTurb is like enhancing ASP4 data depending on your location.
And AZCA will react accordingly.
I have to say I am very happy with this nice little addon.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 minute ago, David Roch said:

EZCA is getting weather data from P3D

Version 2 is, Version 3 from ASP4. Everybody seems to doubt this, and I don't have a clue why.? I run Ezydok at default, I don't touch any sliders, and haven't since I installed it 🙂

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Version 2 is, Version 3 from ASP4. Everybody seems to doubt this, and I don't have a clue why.? I run Ezydok at default, I don't touch any sliders, and haven't since I installed it 🙂

I saw your the video you posted. Impressive!

But what happens when you alter the turb effect scaling and tone within EZDOK? I'm pretty sure that would give you a different experience. I have deliberately very low setting on both scale and tone, due to default settings in EZDOK v3 gave me unrealistic results with all heavy jets (including PMDG 747 / 777). Every approach was like a small raft being tossed around on a stormy ocean.

I think the product  "Real Turbulence" seems fantastic, but again, has the author developed it with other "rivaling" software in mind.

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

11 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

But what happens when you alter the turb effect scaling and tone within EZDOK? I'm pretty sure that would give you a different experience. I have deliberately very low setting on both scale and tone, due to default settings in EZDOK v3 gave me unrealistic results with all heavy jets (including PMDG 747 / 777). Every approach was like a small raft being tossed around on a stormy ocean.

Never touched the scaling, or anything in EZyDOK, see my reply to Dave. I also fly all the PMDG birds, and never had an issue. I just let the data it gets from ASP4 do it's thing. I have just completed 4 flights around Europe, did not get tossed around it all. The only time I got any mechanical turbulence was descending over the mountains in Italy on approach to Milan.

Not all  flights are the ride from hell, unless you play with the settings in EZY.

Edit: @SAS443 I just noticed in your original post, you mention AS2016 ? You are using P3D 4+ and ASP4 ? Not P3Dv3 AS2016 ?

Edited by ZKOKQ

21 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

I just noticed in your original post, you mention AS2016 ? You are using P3D 4+ and ASP4 ? Not P3Dv3 AS2016 ?

Sorry I was misleading. I am using AS for prepar3d version 4 (I guess the accronym is ASP4) 🙂

• Like 1

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

How does RealTurb work with Accufeel?  Should Accufeel be turned off....at least the turbulence settings?

Stan

Hi All!

A little clarification. I think there should be no conflicts between EZCA v3 and RealTurb.

EZdok Camera V.3 gets turbulence data directly from ActiveSky P4 if it is running. If not, then directly from the simulator. But if the turbulence level is not reduced in the simulator settings, then the turbulence from the simulator is also accepted in EZCA3 while activesky is enabled. So, turbulence from RealTurb should normally be handled by EZCA3 along with turbulence from ActiveSky. The EZCA3 simply transmits shocks from the any turbulence affecting the aircraft to the pilot's head.

• Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020