Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

Has to fit on 4 discs.

I remember from the video interview at the conference that the guy from Microsoft said that the program has to fit on 4 discs. Not sure if he was referring to FSX or FS9 in the past. Wonder if MS will put FSX on 5 discs and just make it a couple bucks more. That might make a difference.JimCYWG

It's going to be on DVD so who knows how many it will be. I'm thinking maybe 4 dvd's.

I would be surprised at that, didnt the orginal come of 4 CD's?there is no way they are going to add that much more content, I am thinking maybe 2 DVD (possibly 1)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

> I am thinking maybe 2 DVD (possibly 1)Of course it won't come on 1 DVD thats absurd. The high resolution terrain alone will take care of that. And then there is all the other features and improvements such as the highly detailed 1024x1024 textures. They are also using map point data for the scenery, and remember in comparison X-Plane is shipping with 7 dual layered DVDs.

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>It's going to be on DVD so who knows how many it will be. I'm>thinking maybe 4 dvd's.It won't be on 4 DVDs. That I can guarantee.Cheer,Jason

> It won't be on 4 DVDs. That I can guarantee.More or less?

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>> It won't be on 4 DVDs. That I can guarantee.>>More or less?Not being coy here, but it will be less than 4, at least 1, probably not 3, and 2 would be pushing it from a cost point of view.We can't say 'cause it aint final yet.

Guest wingnut2

:-hmmm Does it cost more to burn DVDs than CDs ?

Of course it won't come on 1 DVD thats absurd. and from the horses own mouth...'Not being coy here, but it will be less than 4, at least 1, probably not 3, and 2 would be pushing it from a cost point of view.'"...and two would be pushing it"your apology is accepted :-)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Ok will that be dual layer lol?...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest wingnut2

Ahem, the jury is still out on whether its 1 or 2 (or maybe 3) DVDs ;)

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Derek D

The more the better if you ask me. There is no advantage (from a user's perspective) to having fewer discs other than having to do less swapping during installation...and you only have to install once so that is an inconvenience that is easy to afford. Of course the developers will have something else in mind, mainly the cost per disc.Derek D.

Yes a good quality default mesh will allow sceneries to install properly and stop multiplayer planes landing under the ground!