Sign in to follow this  
Bimmerpilot

Carenado Customer support.. NOT!

I purchased a Carenado product a few weeks ago and paid via Paypal,

The Serial# key returned a 404 error.

After spending several hours of doing the "Carenado 404 error dance" I contacted Carenado customer support.. that was last week.. As of today no response.

I paid $49.95 for the aircraft and the Navigraph expansion package.  They appear to be great products, though Carenados customer support is 3rd world at best.

I filed a dispute with Paypal.

9 hours ago, Bimmerpilot said:

After spending several hours of doing the "Carenado 404 error dance" I contacted Carenado customer support.. that was last week.. As of today no response.

Unfortunately, if you trawl through these forums you will find numerous comments alluding to Carenado’s customer support or, to be more accurate, the frequent lack of it.

In addition, it is not really clear whether anyone from Carenado ever actually reads these forums as, unlike most of the other commercial support forums hosted on Avsim, I cannot recollect ever seeing a response from anyone representing Carenado on any of these threads. 

Bill

You need to contact Carenado directly through their website. They are usually very responsive and never let me down so far.

Felix

I have only had to contact Carenado support for one issue. Their support staff communicated with me via Zendesk and worked with me until the issue was resolved. Personally, I don't think their support is bad at all so I am surprised they have not gotten back to you. Have you checked your spam or trash settings? Perhaps your email client is detecting their email as spam and deleting it automatically.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

A couple weeks ago I contacted Carenado support and they go back to me within 24 hours.  My experience has been good.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bimmerpilot said:

I purchased a Carenado product a few weeks ago and paid via Paypal,

The Serial# key returned a 404 error.

I paid $49.95 for the aircraft and the Navigraph expansion package.  They appear to be great products, though Carenados customer support is 3rd world at best.

I filed a dispute with Paypal.

I've purchased many products from Carenado and have never had poor support from them.

I just had an incident where I accidentally duplicated and older purchase, which was completely my fault, and they gladly gave me credit for it. I was able to use it when they released the next aircraft.

They take a little longer than some to answer your support request, but they always have helped me when I needed it.

I buy a lot of their aircraft for both P3Dv4 and XP11.  I don't hesitate to buy one when it is released.

Look under your account for your keys, then the download is a separate link.  They keep all of your serial keys together on one page.  The download products are on a separate page.

Bob

I concur with the majority in this post; if you use the correct aperture, as defined by Rob above, support is quick and courteous.  I had the exact same problem as the OP; apparently, a # was placed in my user account.  I must have fat-fingered my email address when purchasing the product; thus, my serial number was not linked to my normal user account, which generated the 401 error when attempting to register my serial number.  All you have to do is use their ticketing system...

Matt King

The OP has been told how to resolve his issue several times. 

Thank you to all that responded. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals