Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

How is it that we failed New Orleans?

I love it - the media taking shots at each other. That's pretty much a crock of sh** though. Fox and their people have been very critical of the Federal response too. They pushed for the firing of Mr. Brown, and were critical of Bush for appointing a political cronie with no experience in disaster related issues. But they also, correctly, place a lot of blame on local and state officials for not doing enough before and after the storm. I think they (Fox) got it right.Most of the media don't want us to have WHOLE story. They have stated that it is their obligation to report issues in way that will sway our opinions in the direction (read 'left') that THEY feel they should be swayed in. In other words, the public doesn't have the capacity to take in the facts of the entire story, and make an informed decision about which side is right. This is on record, stated by a director from CNN, when asked about Fox's "fair and balanced" reporting. Now, shouldn't that #### people off?

BobK

Bob, :) here's a little dose of "left" for you. The news media used to lean "left" as you say. But that has changed... the FCC used to require certain standards of balanced reporting as a condition for a license. That has changed, a network like FOX can for instance (if they wish) present a single point view day after day without fairly presenting opposing views. That's the difference between American networks and the CBC and BBC. The other obvious difference, American news networks are privately owned. How is a private company that is actively and consistently critical of their customers and regulators going to stay competitive? Well it can't. But they have the greatest product of all don't they? They can sell what people belive...think about that... How many times does the average FOX viewer draw an alternate conclusion from the POV that's presented? Look at the news today its all sensationalism and spectacle. It appeals to the emotions. It's ironic that they keep telling us how "left" they are. Bill to continue with the analogy... The good ship is part of a navy. When this ship faces a potential conflict it calls the admiral. The admiral sends in the fleet. The fleet arrives late and doesn't preform to accepted standards. Not passing judgement on these guys, just saying it doesn't stop with the Mayor. He's part of the equation though, and his performance should be reviewed.BTW, how did all the people get to the SuperDome before the hurricane?Danny

uh, ABC, NBC, and the rest have presented a single point of view (the leftwing point of view that is) for decades without the FCC interfering...They're nothing more than fronts for the extreme left in the country, and getting more extreme by the day.Fox are brave enough to take a stance and report things as they are, instead of the way that's politically correct.If that seems to be biassed towards the right in your mind that's just because you're biassed even further towards the left.

Guest Charlie

>uh, ABC, NBC, and the rest have presented a single point of>view (the leftwing point of view that is) for decades without>the FCC interfering...>They're nothing more than fronts for the extreme left in the>country, and getting more extreme by the day.>>Fox are brave enough to take a stance and report things as>they are, instead of the way that's politically correct.>If that seems to be biassed towards the right in your mind>that's just because you're biassed even further towards the>left.Heh..heh..this coming from a person who wears his political bias far more prominently on his sleeve than anyone else here. It must be painful to walk leaning right at a 45-degree angle. When some folks raised some issues with FS2002 here a while back, you summarily dismissed them as left-wing comie-pinko conspiritors out to destroy Microsoft AND free enterprise.You think it takes bravery to be the Bush happy talk channel? Lol! But keep it up, Jerome - you never fail to be entertaining.

Found this interesting statement about what the red Cross is saying.What The Red Cross is saying Publicly about NOT being let into New Orleans.Just another example of the Local and State Government taking control of everything, yet claiming they wanted help from the Federal Government, all the while shutting out the very people that can help in this situation.Way to go Blanco..... I really am of the opinion She should be charged with criminal negligence.From:http://www.redcross.org/faq/0,1096,0_682_4524,00.html#4524***********Hurricane Katrina: Why is the Red Cross not in New Orleans?* Access to New Orleans is controlled by the National Guard and local authorities and while we are in constant contact with them, we simply cannot enter New Orleans against their orders.* The state Homeland Security Department had requested--and continues to request--that the American Red Cross not come back into New Orleans following the hurricane. Our presence would keep people from evacuating and encourage others to come into the city.* The Red Cross has been meeting the needs of thousands of New Orleans residents in some 90 shelters throughout the state of Louisiana and elsewhere since before landfall. All told, the Red Cross is today operating 149 shelters for almost 93,000 residents.* The Red Cross shares the nation

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

**Blanco didn't ask for Troops Until Wednesday (CAUGHT ON VIDEO) Smoking GunGo see the VIDEO HERE, which is the Satellite Feed from CNN.:http://thepoliticalteen.com/video/blancoday.wmvFrom not allowing the red cross in, to now admitting on tape her failure to request troops, talking to her press secretary, not realizing the feed was on.I suggest downloading the tape, so you can pause and such, since some words are tough to make out due to her speech abilities.Talking to press secretary Wednesday Morning 6:52 am EST:Quote:BLANCO: I really need to call for the military.Her Press secretary in Crosstalk: Yes you should...Blanco: And I should of started that in the first call....*************Please note she never specifically asked for Troops before this day. 2 days now after the storm made landfall.Miles nails it though in this exchange on Sunday....Quote:Miles: When did you make that request though?Blanco: Miles, I'm lost in the daze (days).....Blanco: I don't even know what today is.....Blanco: I made that request, perhaps Wednesday.Game... Set.... Match.... And all in the Louisiana State Governors own words for all to see and hear.And the hits just keep on coming.....This Governor is the single largest reason people died needlessly in that state, in my opinion. Not Bush, not even Nagin as much as Blanco. So when you talk about who knew what when, and when you talk about when the feds rolled in with troops and why there was a delay, look at Blanco, Not Bush.Talk about a Smoking Gun.....

No way! This is a play on what REALLY happened. She asked for EVERYTHING Bush could send on Saturday, two days prior to the storm. The key word, EVERYTHING. This is a word game he (Bush) is playing now as the ball was really lost in his court. I watched Miles O'Brien "interview" her. It was more of a cross-examination. He was battering the witness so to say. She is so mixed up by now, I can't blame her for getting words and days mixed up. When the area was declared a FEDERAL disaster area, that should have sent up a flag for FEDERAL troops and help. Again, she used the word EVERYTHING. When you come across a man having a heart attack, do you wait until he specifically asks for CPR? #### no! The president was too busy selling his BS SS program to deaf ears in California. The WH is trying to spin this away from the village idiot, but it is set too far in too many to matter. He needs to quit burning up valuable fuel in that damned jet and accept the fact the Feds dropped the ball. Don

Nice try, but she used the word SHOULD OF.... And even her Press Secretary appears to say "Yes You Should". She then states her request was actually Wednesday. Sorry, but it's her own words, it's not like there is no context to the questions. They are quite clear.If he would have sent in federal Troops, the dems would be screaming invasion and calling for impeachment.You really don't understand how the law and constitution work, do you?Ever here of the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878. I suggest you review the requirements, as well as the Stafford Disaster laws to understand what she was required to do.When she asked for a declaration of a state of Emergency she LIED about following her Required State Emergency Plan.Sorry, Don, but even you can't spin on Blanco's own words. Sorry but the only village idiot here is Blanco.R. David Paulison is also the new head of FEMA.http://www.fema.gov/about/bios/paulison.shtm

"You really don't understand how the law and constitution work, do you?"LMFAO! Yes I do. I know how they SUPPOSED to work. But how they work and how they should are two different things to this crowd. Impeachment? He should be, but for other reasons before the storm ever came to light. Hey....38% approval rate? He's slipping fast. The MAJORITY of America is catching onto his lies and deception. Sure she may have been confused. That was a crisis. Like Bush hasn't made verbal mistakes?Don

Are you saying what she said was a verbal mistake?As for polls, sorry, I don't believe polls, for if I did, we would have Kerry as President, The Senate and house would have a dem majority, and the majority of governors would be dems. Nope, I don't hold any integrity for polls. As to your contention as to some alleged majority catching on to his lies. Proof please. We have 280+ million people in this country, and you can't prove that comment true.But I can prove what Blanco said, since it is on tape. Funny how the truth works, huh?Don,She said it twice, once when she thought she wasn't on tape, and then admitted to Miles O'Brian of CNN on Sunday when she said she didn't ask until Wednesday.Funny, how we don't have all these problems in Mississippi and Alabama, who took the brunt of this storm, including Storm Surge. I wonder why?

Not true. You're just not used to hearing the entire story.

BobK