Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

KCVG released by Skyline simulations

On 12/4/2019 at 3:50 AM, kenthom said:

Could I get a clarification from you.   I recently purchased KCVG and am having the same issue.   My file is Skyline/scenery and texture.   I do not have a specific CVG file.

I am trying to get jetways to (SODE) appear.   What do you delete?

What a headache this product is.  Purchased on 12/1/19 from their site.  

I have the same issue, i purchased KCVG from Simmarket, the file only includes a scenery and texture folder; no effects, manual, SODE files. Consequently there are no dynamic lights and no gates.

Contacted Skyline via facebook and they gave me a voucher to download it directly from their website but the contents of the file are the same, just .bgls and textures. 

Currently it is an unusable product.

Alastair Ireland

I have the same issue, i purchased KCVG from Simmarket, the file only includes a scenery and texture folder; no effects, manual, SODE files. Consequently there are no dynamic lights and no gates.

Contacted Skyline via facebook and they gave me a voucher to download it directly from their website but the contents of the file are the same, just .bgls and textures. 

Currently it is an unusable product.

I gave up trying to get it resolved.  Lesson learned.  No more purchases from me.  

Edited by kenthom

I recently purchased and installed KCVG however I would like to verify something with people who have had/still have the scenery installed:

• There are no PAPI lights on any of the runways, a quick look on Google Maps would suggest they are there IRL.
  • The scenery is only supplied with one set of summer textures. I did a flight today and whilst the surrounding area (Open LC NA) is covered in snow, the airport looks like the middle of summer except for the trees which appear to have multiple seasonal variations (winter, summer, autumn).

Can anyone confirm my findings?

Kind Regards,

Peter

Ok, this install really needs some polishing. You can unzip the files with 7Zip, but I see a problem in mine. Here are the install instructions, written poorly so I was having difficulty reading them:

INSTALLING THE AIRPORT
On the main airport downloaded folder you will find the following folders:
“Ecosystem” and “Effects”, this folders patch with “Program Files\Lockheed
Martin\Prepar3D v4” (Prepar3D root folder), so, just drop “Ecosystem” and
“Effects” here. Once you make this step, you will need to add “KCVG” folder on
scenery library, this folder will be located now on: “Prepar3D
v4\Ecosystem\Skyline\KCVG”

There is no ecosystem folder in the archive. There is the destination one on P3D though, so I can kind of figure out what they are trying to say. They really need a wrapper for installation...

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

Are Skyline ever going to address the performance issues with the scenery? I have much more stable fps at Aerosofts London Heathrow with AI traffic than I do with an empty CVG when looking towards the terminal area.

Also the lack of use of the 'new' ramp over at DHL in the afcad, it doesn't exist but does in the scenery. There are still so many issues with this scenery and until Skyline get their act together and make our money's worth then I will regret my purchase of CVG.

Edited by shamrockflyer
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

Are Skyline ever going to address the performance issues with the scenery? I have much more stable fps at Aerosofts London Heathrow with AI traffic than I do with an empty CVG when looking towards the terminal area.

Also the lack of use of the 'new' ramp over at DHL in the afcad, it doesn't exist but does in the scenery. There are still so many issues with this scenery and until Skyline get their act together and make our money's worth then I will regret my purchase of CVG.

They moved on to selling an outdated KLGB for Xplane that will get a port and be the same thing over again. Who does not love the world of flight simming?!?!?!

Personally, I really had high hopes for KCVG...having lived in Cincinnati for over three years and having flown out of that airport almost weekly.

There were a lot of negative reviews immediately on release...I held off initially.

The installation certainly is not intuitive.

Considering that CVG is a huge cargo hub, I think this developer missed the mark on developing that aspect of the airport. The AFCAD is to this day under-developed. 

What really turned me off was the lack of seasonal textures...that part of the country does receive snow, believe it or not! The response on their FB page was to the effect "we never advertised seasonal textures..."

Chalk this one off as a disappointing purchase and move on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/8/2020 at 4:07 PM, rmeier said:

Personally, I really had high hopes for KCVG...having lived in Cincinnati for over three years and having flown out of that airport almost weekly.

There were a lot of negative reviews immediately on release...I held off initially.

The installation certainly is not intuitive.

Considering that CVG is a huge cargo hub, I think this developer missed the mark on developing that aspect of the airport. The AFCAD is to this day under-developed. 

What really turned me off was the lack of seasonal textures...that part of the country does receive snow, believe it or not! The response on their FB page was to the effect "we never advertised seasonal textures..."

Chalk this one off as a disappointing purchase and move on.

I put it on the "better than nothing but avoid unless I really want to fly a route to or from here" list

Sadly a lot of payware scenery is on that list over the years

• Like 1

has anybody tried installing this in V5?  I'm considering purchasing ,but the reviews don't exactly win me over. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

25 minutes ago, micstatic said:

has anybody tried installing this in V5?  I'm considering purchasing ,but the reviews don't exactly win me over. 

I bought this scenery for V4.5...sadly, even after reading the initial reviews.

I did get it working fine in P3D v4. There were two items that really turned me off with this version of KCVG...1) lack of seasonal textures...yes, it does snow in Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky and 2) the under-developed Cargo facilities...IRL, this airport is now a major freight hub.

Regarding the winter textures, there was a post on their FB page stating to the effect: "We never advertised seasonal textures!"

Given those two shortcomings (IMO), I'm reluctant to re-install into V5.

Edit: Apologies for the near duplicate post.

Edited by rmeier

well I went with it.  I tried putting the sode sim objects and XML and the 12b pilot.  That resulted in red X's instead of gates.  Then tried deleting those out completely and now no jetways whatsoever.  This far in this is ridiculous that they haven't refined their installation instructions.  But since I bought it.  Does anybody have any pointers to get the gates installed?

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Such a disappointment.  CVG is one of those airports I've been yearning years for.  I was beyond ecstatic when Skyline announced the project and I followed it closely.  When the initial release reports came in, I held back and did not purchase.  I wanted to see if they could salvage it.  They tried but never got the airport to an acceptable condition.  Such a shame.

• Like 1

yes.  for what it's worth my problem was not realizing the CVG scenery folder had to actually be in the ecosystem folder.  Wouldn't think it matters, but guess it does.  

But i think it's crazy to have a payware scenery without an installer.  Atleast if you are going to go that route, provide clearer instructions.  

Edited by micstatic
add line

Going back to this one.  Does anybody have a decent GSX profile they can direct me to?  Kind of crazy to see how  a developer can just not get the gates lined up properly.  

I know this thread is ages old, but I did figure out how to install the SODE jetways properly, drag the SODE folder into %programdata%/12bPilot. This worked for me.