Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

KCVG released by Skyline simulations

I had been waiting for this scenery for quite a while and was concerned that the project had been scrapped after not seeing a CVG update on the Skyline Simulations Facebook page for the better part of a year.

First thing is that they seem to have their website and server issues fixed.  I was able to buy the product and download it with no issues and at a high speed.  

However once installed it has unfortunately been mostly disappointing.  Like many people have already stated the AFCAD is a total mess.  Most spots at the terminal are not properly coded and are badly misaligned.  And the DHL facility was omitted completely.  

The terminal layout is also outdated as people have previously mentioned, with terminal two and concourse c still present.  I was hoping to have the option to simply remove these objects from the scenery folder, however it appears that the terminal complex has been consolidated into one large scenery file.  Also missing is the significant DHL ramp addition north of taxiway n, which was constructed in 2016.

The terminal details and texturing also frankly do not look as crisp as I expected from the Facebook photos.  I don't know if those were supposed to be for this version or if those were for a newer version still not released.  I also have some annoying texture flickering for example the Delta logo on the hanger which really takes away from the immersion.  And despite running P3D 4.5 and having all those PBR textures in the folder, I am getting mostly just a bunch of flickering and not the reflections and metallic look that I get at LatinVFR Miami for example.  And finally, I am having some performance issues with lower than expected FPS and micro stutters.  Perhaps this has something to do with the very large number of texture sheets (normal maps, lit maps, ect.) that have been converted from Xplane?  

I really hope that some of these issues will be addressed.  It is obvious the developers at Skyline Simulations have a very high level of talent based upon some of their other products and what has been showcased on their Facebook page.  However this scenery in its current form is in need of some significant work.  

• Upvote 1

They failed miserably with their first major P3D product. They have a opportunity to address things and get out in front of the bad publicity but they need to do it quickly. A statement by them and an update to their product would definitely be in their favor with regards to their reputation with the community. If they do nothing and release no updates to address the poor frames, flickering issues, the AFCAD disaster, etc... then they might as well stick with XPlane.

Eric 

Skyline Simulation has released KCVG for P3D at simMarket.  I wonder if it's an updated version with corrections and changes regarding the AFCAD, etc. that were noted by many earlier users?

Paul K   KGYR

Judging by the screenshots it's the same version with the same outdated Terminals. It's just an upload to another store.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

Purchased KCVG via simMarket.  Installed. Doesn't appear they've updated the airport's configuration to current status. Problem:  no night lights.  Installed the 2 dynamic lighting files in the P3D/effects folder as directed.  Any thoughts, suggestions??

Thanks.

Paul K   KGYR

From what I read this sounds like a piece of payware junk.

Vic green

Unfortunately I don’t think anything has been addressed yet to fix this scenery.

As it stands now this scenery is unusable as far as I am concerned. Horrible flickering, stutters galore, and lower FPS than any other payware airport I own. And frankly like I previously posted the quality of the models and texturing is mediocre at best. There are a number of other problems too such as with the AFCAD and night lighting. You’ve got to wonder if anyone even tested this before putting it on the market.

I hope a number of these problems get fixed at some point, but for now I have just removed it from my system.  

Overall this has been a very disappointing purchase.

47 minutes ago, mcparr42 said:

Unfortunately I don’t think anything has been addressed yet to fix this scenery.

As it stands now this scenery is unusable as far as I am concerned. Horrible flickering, stutters galore, and lower FPS than any other payware airport I own. And frankly like I previously posted the quality of the models and texturing is mediocre at best. There are a number of other problems too such as with the AFCAD and night lighting. You’ve got to wonder if anyone even tested this before putting it on the market.

I hope a number of these problems get fixed at some point, but for now I have just removed it from my system.  

Overall this has been a very disappointing purchase.

A post earlier in the topic mentioned dynamic lights giving lower FPS.

Inibuilds has completed the dynamic lighting for KCVG.  It's available for download on their site.

11 hours ago, pads103 said:

Inibuilds has completed the dynamic lighting for KCVG.  It's available for download on their site.

pads103,

Thanks for the Inibuild information.  Prior to installing Inibuild dynamic lighting I had no tarmac lighting.  Only lighting was inside terminals and the control tower.  Everything appears to be normal now.

Can't defend the problems with Skyline KCVG, but the location was a major missing airport, especially for cargo haulers - i.e. DHL, Amazon, etc.

Paul K   KGYR

So can somebody now actually share some images, please? Would still like to see what this looks like beyond the promotional pictures on Skyline's website.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Well, i got some redemption.  I issued a Paypal dispute over never receiving a valid download link.  Skyline never responded, but they put my account page on hold and even took away the download links to manual.  So i escalated it to a claim and Paypal issued me a refund today.  They never responded to either inquiry.  What a shame.

Alan

I really wanted CVG too... Oh well...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma