Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

KCVG released by Skyline simulations

Recommended Posts

Just got this scenery. I don't have any jetways on my scenery. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, ericbolt said:

Just got this scenery. I don't have any jetways on my scenery. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

SODE installed?


Prepar3D v5 | PMDG 737NGXu | FSLabs A320/A321 | www.united-virtual.com | www.deltava.org | ASUS Maximus XI Code Z390 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GDDR6 MSI Lightning Z | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB | Samsung 43'' 4K curved TV | HP Reverb 2 VR HMD | Agronn 737 Captain's Yoke | VKB Gladiator NXT Stick | FSC 737 Throttle Quadrant | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

 

Share this post


Link to post

As everybody currently sharing his thoughts about this Airport, I will too. 

First of all ... the scenery is not bad ... but it seems like its unfinished.

Pro: 

-Nice textures 

-Working SODE jetways

-"Cool" details (static ground services) lul 

 

Cons:

-Bad Performance (Stuttering when changing views)

-Extremley bad modelled dynamic lightning 

-No real night textures of the airport buildings

-Most of the ground layout at the DHL ramp is completely missing (see below) 

-Quotation from the Skyline Simulations KCVG website:

  • Ground Traffic in whole airport
  • Randomly placed static aircraft

 none of the above features are included.

 

DHL Terminal

2019-9-29_6-42-19-878atkep.png

2019-9-29_6-42-45-2346skgv.png

 

DHL Terminal Night

2019-9-29_6-43-2-965e1jlg.png

 

 

Passenger Terminal, Daylight

2019-9-29_6-43-27-83653kfs.png

 

Passenger Terminal, Night

2019-9-29_6-43-59-423i5j8r.png

 

At this time I would rather spent 25$ at Mc'Donalds than for this scenery. 

I hope this scenery gets an update ... Hope I helped to convince you not to buy this scenery ... 

Share this post


Link to post

Downloaded the latest Skyline KCVG P3D version from simMarket and it appears they've made some updates to the configuration of the airport.  The 2 terminals that were demolished in real life have been removed.  However the gate ramps are still there.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Paul K KGYR


Paul K   KGYR

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, contractpilot said:

Downloaded the latest Skyline KCVG P3D version from simMarket and it appears they've made some updates to the configuration of the airport.  The 2 terminals that were demolished in real life have been removed.  However the gate ramps are still there.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Paul K KGYR

Are they SODE or default BGL jetways?  The default jetways can be edited with ADE.  SODE jetways will have an xml placement file in the programdata\12bPilot folder

Does the update fix the DHL/Polar cargo ramp... is it at least the correct size?  If they can get this one part correct I'll buy.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, downscc said:

Are they SODE or default BGL jetways?  The default jetways can be edited with ADE.  SODE jetways will have an xml placement file in the programdata\12bPilot folder

Does the update fix the DHL/Polar cargo ramp... is it at least the correct size?  If they can get this one part correct I'll buy.

Dan,

Thanks for the tip on fixing the gate jetways.  The recent update didn't add the North DHL apron area north of taxiway N at the DHL complex.  While the airport isn't perfect, I'm a big cargo flyer and adding KCVG was needed.  I haven't had any problems at the DHL complex with 747F, 747-8F, 737-800F aircraft and GSX support and cargo AI aircraft.

Paul K  KGYR


Paul K   KGYR

Share this post


Link to post

I wanted to look at the update and now cannot edit the afcad due to a black box unknown object in the middle of the airport. Could use some help if someone knows how this can be fixed in ADE I attempted adding the KCVG scenery folder to the ADE Library but object not found. One DHL parking spot is unconnected to the taxiway nodes a small but important mistake I could not fix now that I can not recompile the afcad in ADE.

Edited by Boeing or not going

Share this post


Link to post

The scenery is missing the north expansion of the south DHL ramp and no north cargo parking spots for FedEx on their ramp. Is this scenery abandoned? I see no mention of more updates on their Facebook page. But they want you to keep buying more of their products on sale

Edited by Boeing or not going

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

I wanted to look at the update and now cannot edit the afcad due to a black box unknown object in the middle of the airport. Could use some help if someone knows how this can be fixed in ADE I attempted adding the KCVG scenery folder to the ADE Library but object not found. One DHL parking spot is unconnected to the taxiway nodes a small but important mistake I could not fix now that I can not recompile the afcad in ADE.

Generally, ADE will allow you to save/compile the ADE with a warning that there are unknown (to ADE) library objects.  ADE should still allow you to compile them as "black box" objects, and as long as they are defined in another bgl somewhere in the scenery folder, they'll still link by GUID just fine.

ADE is just telling you that the airport file is referencing an object not visible in ADE's object library structure.

 


Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, EVGA RTX3090 XC3 Ultra
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x NVME 2x SATA Samsung SSD, EVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet
SoundBlaster XFi Titanium, TOSLINK to Yamaha RX-V467 HT Rcvr, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, w6kd said:

Generally, ADE will allow you to save/compile the ADE with a warning that there are unknown (to ADE) library objects.  ADE should still allow you to compile them as "black box" objects, and as long as they are defined in another bgl somewhere in the scenery folder, they'll still link by GUID just fine.

ADE is just telling you that the airport file is referencing an object not visible in ADE's object library structure.

 

Agree, this is quite common with lower quality addon airports where the AF file is used for placement rather than a separate placement bgl.  It does the same thing either way.


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post

I bit the bullet and purchased before the sale ended from Skyline Simulations.  The install instructions are apparently out of date.  They said to put the Ecosystem file in LM Ecosystem and Effects file in LM Effects.

However, the file is FSX/P3D/Skyline/Scenery and Texture only.

I placed the FSX/P3D folder in LM Ecosystem folder.  The result is the airport without jetways and night lighting.

Contacted Skyline via FaceBook messenger.  They said basically they had changed things and to just install it normally.  (not sure what that means).  I asked about the SODE jetways (I have latest version of SODE installed) and the lack of dynamic lighting.  Their response, install it and report any problems.  Hmmmm, thought that was what I was doing.

For anyone that has had a successful installation;  could you please advise your installation procedure and placement.   

Thank you! 


Ken Thompson

i7-4790 @4 GHz  64 Bit Win 7  16G RAM  GTX 1080Ti

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, kenthom said:

I bit the bullet and purchased before the sale ended from Skyline Simulations.  The install instructions are apparently out of date.  They said to put the Ecosystem file in LM Ecosystem and Effects file in LM Effects.

However, the file is FSX/P3D/Skyline/Scenery and Texture only.

I placed the FSX/P3D folder in LM Ecosystem folder.  The result is the airport without jetways and night lighting.

Contacted Skyline via FaceBook messenger.  They said basically they had changed things and to just install it normally.  (not sure what that means).  I asked about the SODE jetways (I have latest version of SODE installed) and the lack of dynamic lighting.  Their response, install it and report any problems.  Hmmmm, thought that was what I was doing.

For anyone that has had a successful installation;  could you please advise your installation procedure and placement.   

Thank you! 

I suggest you use the dynamic lighting option provided by inibuilds.

 


Shom

[P3D v4.5 HF2 running on Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, EVGA 1080Ti, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[FSLabs A320, PMDG 737 NGXu, PMDG 777, AS CRJ Pro, CS 757 iii, Fly The Maddog X, Majestic Dash 8, QW 787, TFDI 717, AS Airbus ProFeelthere E175/195 v3]

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/2/2019 at 8:48 PM, B777ER said:

Go to the main Skyline CVG folder, right click, select delete. 

Could I get a clarification from you.   I recently purchased KCVG and am having the same issue.   My file is Skyline/scenery and texture.   I do not have a specific CVG file.

I am trying to get jetways to (SODE) appear.   What do you delete?

What a headache this product is.  Purchased on 12/1/19 from their site.  


Ken Thompson

i7-4790 @4 GHz  64 Bit Win 7  16G RAM  GTX 1080Ti

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...