Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Longest real time flight in a year

I flew my Carenado Citation 550 from SFO to JFK, just touched down at JFK.  It was my longest real time flight in quite some time.  A testament to P3DV4.5's stability on a system of my specs, to complete a flight like that without a CTD.  One thing which helped me is unplugging my SSD drive from my USB 3.0 slot and plugging it back in to a USB 2.x slot, my SSD drive seems happier with a 2.x slot, given my system specs.  Who knew?  I still think my SSD drive, about a month old now, is the biggest blessing to P3D since the proggie, content and scenery, plus my MSE photo scenery, is all loaded up on it which makes for faster everything, and more fluid everything, now that SSD drives are dirt cheap compared to what they used to be.

John

Agreed on the stability, I have been doing routine, up to 16 hour flights without even a stutter.

don't  know if I  could  do  that.  wouldn't  have  enough time  for  sleep

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I don't do long flights, but I'm finding v4.5 to be rock-solid...rarely ever have a crash. Crosses fingers.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I agree. 4.5 is super stable. Here I am doing flights up to 4h without any issues 😎

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Firmly agree with all the above. It took years but I feel I have the sim I was always wanting in P3DV4.5. That's why I didn't get so excited over the recent announcement from Microsoft. Maybe after I see it and read some user reports.

Vic green

6 hours ago, pete_auau said:

don't  know if I  could  do  that.  wouldn't  have  enough time  for  sleep

I let it fly itself, using Radar Contact 4, then it pauses at 175nm from destination and waits for me to wake up and land it!

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I regularly do flights up to 16 hours but just sleep through most of it and turn my monitor off lol

Edited by ols500

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

You're all going to laugh but this week I made an 18.5h flight from Vienna to Sydney in the 748.  8900nm.  Why? Well I had a customer who absolutely positively needed to get 20t of cargo from LOWW to YSSY, no time for a fuel stop.  And I wanted to see what the freighter could do with full tanks. Fortunately the winds were favorable, I landed with an ample 12t of fuel.  Probably could have made it to Auckland!

All flown without time compression... Took off before going to bed, woke up and checked the fuel burn, went to work, came home and was just approaching the west coast of Australia.

With a fuel to payload ratio of nearly 9 to 1, it's probably not a very profitable route, but I made sure to charge a hefty premium for overnight delivery halfway around the world!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

3 hours ago, captain_adf said:

You're all going to laugh but this week I made an 18.5h flight from Vienna to Sydney in the 748.  8900nm.  Why? Well I had a customer who absolutely positively needed to get 20t of cargo from LOWW to YSSY, no time for a fuel stop.  And I wanted to see what the freighter could do with full tanks. Fortunately the winds were favorable, I landed with an ample 12t of fuel.  Probably could have made it to Auckland!

All flown without time compression... Took off before going to bed, woke up and checked the fuel burn, went to work, came home and was just approaching the west coast of Australia.

With a fuel to payload ratio of nearly 9 to 1, it's probably not a very profitable route, but I made sure to charge a hefty premium for overnight delivery halfway around the world!

PMDG Wood Pigeons right? They're in high demand all over the globe.  

Vic green

3 hours ago, captain_adf said:

All flown without time compression...

Whoa!  One time I tried to plan a flight such that I could go to bed and wake up for the arrival, but we had a power failure that night LOL.  I'm good for up to 6 hr unaccelerated but beyond that I use x4 and the PMDG pause 10 nm before TOD.  My longest flight in the logbook is a FEDEX B77L KMEM VTBS nonstop, they actually fly this route (or used to before ZGGG) but stop at PANC.  That was logged as 20.8 hr (which of course is the time logged by the simulator that approximates block time not flight time).

Dan Downs KCRP