Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Drones or drunk pilot...

Seeing the post regarding pilots too drunk to f....  fly... :ph34r:  (there's a song in there by the Dead Kennedys :wink:) reminded me that I was going to link to this level-headed chap from New Zealand:

Edited by HighBypass
clarity
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi...

LOL - “The Dead Kennedys” - now there’s a band I haven’t heard of in a while - when did we get so old ?

😝

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

There are far more impaired (alcohol or other) drone pilots than drunk pilots in the sky. When drones first became mainstream, I thought they were pretty cool, now they have become a menace, with lots of co-workers reporting encounters with them on take-off and landing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, busdriver said:

There are far more impaired (alcohol or other) drone pilots than drunk pilots in the sky. When drones first became mainstream, I thought they were pretty cool, now they have become a menace, with lots of co-workers reporting encounters with them on take-off and landing.

I’m looking at trying drone racing. Fortunately, that doesn’t involve flying above about 20 feet.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Seeing the post regarding pilots too drunk to f....  fly... :ph34r:  (there's a song in there by the Dead Kennedys :wink:) reminded me that I was going to link to this level-headed chap from New Zealand:

Thanks for sharing. I don't own a drone (my hobby is ham radio), but I did enjoy listening to this chap's video.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

A lot of Kiwi's are upset due to local authorities being overly health and safety and this guy is as well, I agree with him New Zealand always takes things too far. My best example of a scenario of how things work in New Zealand would be this...
If a Foreign Country was to invade New Zealand the Government would cancel the defense of the nation because somebody might get hurt, instead they would put together a Diversity Council to find out the Cultural and Dietary Needs of the incoming invaders and increase the Accident Compensation Corporation's budget to allow medical coverage for any injuries from the invaders for when they get off their landing boats, and of course hugs all around for the new guests when they arrive, Welcome to New Zealand 🤣

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

That was funny enough to be true Matthew. Thanks for the chuckle.😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I shall continue to fly my Hubsan H4 and Q4 quadrotors with impunity... because they are very tiny... and last time I checked there were no manned aircraft flying inside my house... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

15 hours ago, ChrisDa said:

ChrisDa = VK4oo

Chris.

Hah! I have the honor of being your 300th "lookup" on qrz.com :laugh:

73 de N4GIX

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator