Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Student arrested for pilots uniform

Guest Philip Olson

Hi All, Given our recent discussion envoloving this type of incident I am personally going to keep close tabs on this one. Here is the story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...1601286_pf.html God I hope this guy was not just an aviation buff but rather a potential danger. I do wonder though, he did have a lot of stuff, it really seems as if he might be a threat. Either way I hope they investigate fully and come to the proper conclusions. Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

On the basis of the article, he certainly should be investigated.

Guest beana51

Thanx for in info,can a person be that stupid or naive?. Certainly ,if it walks like a duck,quacks like a duck, it must be a duck!.With a rap sheet like that...well? Its like I love guns,I do it all with them,and all under the umbrella of the law.Imagine showing up at a sensitive location ,packing a six gun in my belt.? Its not like some old vet donning his fight suit for his birthday.Is this guy dangerous? I think not,Terrorists are far more sophisticated,I would think.So the obvious is left,"HE'S A NUT JOB"Ship the guy home to his MAMA!and his camel. YELLA!,YELLA! ,BUT!,we know the "ACLU" will judge him for us! SO! "DON'T WORRY,... BE HAPPY" VIN

Well if nothing else, based upon the fact that he stiffed Sporty's Pilot Shop for $2500.00, he should be arrested for either theft or stupidity! bt

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I have been looking for more info on this, haven't found it yet."Risk of Flight" is a factor in being released on bond. Not many facing deportation would stick around. The very fact he is in the country illegally means he can be held, and investigations can continue.So far, there isn't much difference in the handling of this case than if he had defrauded an internet marketer of clothing pre 9/11, other than the headlines.But I do hope justice is served rightly, he is not under many protections that an American citizen recieves, especially since the Patriot Act.I had a look inside my trunk, and it was SCARY. A flight manual for a PMDG 777, a copy of AOPA's 2005 Airport directory, an isssue of Airplane Trader, a 4 channel R/C transmiter, 3/4 gallon of 15% nitro model airplane fuel, some give-as-needed pills for my dog that were so old the label was unreadable, and Mom's old empty 20 pound propane cylinder that can no longer be filled (no OPD) that I haven't gotten around to getting rid of yet.Good thing I haven't been pulled over recently, I probably would have allowed a search without thinking twice about it. If I was stopped in Philly and had no proof of insurance (I DO), my car could be impounded and searched anyway.Best Regards, Donny

>Donny AKA Shalomar wrote:>But I do hope justice is served rightly, he is not under many>protections that an American citizen recieves, especially>since the Patriot Act.>>I had a look inside my trunk, and it was SCARY. A flight>manual for a PMDG 777, a copy of AOPA's 2005 Airport>directory, an isssue of Airplane Trader, a 4 channel R/C>transmiter, 3/4 gallon of 15% nitro model airplane fuel, some>give-as-needed pills for my dog that were so old the label was>unreadable, and Mom's old empty 20 pound propane cylinder that>can no longer be filled (no OPD) that I haven't gotten around>to getting rid of yet.>>Good thing I haven't been pulled over recently, I probably>would have allowed a search without thinking twice about it.>If I was stopped in Philly and had no proof of insurance (I>DO), my car could be impounded and searched anyway.But...you're not a 29-year old Arab Muslim in the US illegally and trying to give yourself a crash course in airliner flying with stolen goods. The American Criminal Liberties Union will surely want to argue that this dipwad should have the same rights as one of the very citizens he appears to threaten. But the memory of those towers coming down at the hands of guys who looked and acted just like him makes a lot of people take the ACLU's line of BS with a grain of salt.If you'd have been pulled over inside the restricted area of an airport with that stuff...well, "Looooocy, you got some splainin' to do."As for me...I hope hope he gets to enjoy some Cuban sunshine and American hospitality at Gitmo. And I really want to know what sort of dumba** makes or sells a DVD titled "How an Airline Captain Should Look and Act" in the post-9/11 world. YGTBSMBob

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Daniel Pimentel

But the memory of those towers coming down at the hands of guys who looked and acted just like him makes a lot of people take the ACLU's line of BS with a grain of salt.Wow man, you really need to sit down and think about what you just said. What matters are his activities (which were suspicious to begin with), not his looks. The towers fell because of people who followed a specific ideology, not because they were of a specific race or looked a certain way. The racism towards the Middle East being shown in the US won't help protect it against terrorism. Terrorism can come in many shapes, sizes and races... The only thing you can link them with is their ideology.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

>Wow man, you really need to sit down and think about what you>just said. Like, far out, man, but NO I DON'T.>What matters are his activities (which were>suspicious to begin with), not his looks. The towers fell>because of people who followed a specific ideology, not>because they were of a specific race or looked a certain way.How he looked...an Arab male between ages 25-40...IN COMBINATION WITH how he acted, makes him a far more high-probability risk. And I don't mind saying that you could not have paid me enough money to get on a plane with Richard Reid based on how he looked and acted in the terminal area.The towers did not fall at the hands of 80-year old white Jewish guys with beards. The bombers that set off a truck bomb in the basement of the same towers several years before were not 80-year old white Jewish guys with beards. The bombers who struck the subways in Madrid and London were not 80-year old white Jewish guys with beards. Leon Klinghofer was not malletized and thrown off the deck of a cruise liner in his wheelchair by 80-year old white Jewish guys with beards. The guys threatening to do it again on Al Jazeera in a steady daily stream ... are ... not ... 80 ... year ... old ... white ... Jewish ... guys ... with ... beards. So when I get on a subway or a plane, I'm not scrutinizing the 80-year olds before I get in. I want to survive, and I do not care in the least if you and those like you want to go on equating that with racism. When are you guys gonna get it?Sorry, but acknowledging the obvious, and placing appropriate focus on where the threat is most likely to be is not racism. Neither is locking your car doors when driving through a bad neighborhood in any city in the world. If you don't buy that, please just leave those doors unlocked and let Darwin take care of the rest.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

The terrorist organization which has killed more Americans than any other by several orders of magnitude was made up of caucasian 'christian' males out to 'protect' the white race.I don't know why so many people want to discount those murders as less important than the twin towers because the tens of thousands killed were in smaller groups.The United States has been at war against terrorists for much of it's history.Domestic terrorists have always been, and will always continue to be, a greater threat.

Interesting that you reference the KKK in discounting the Muslim extremists, because the Muslim terrorists are exactly that...a violent racial supremist ideology. Except they have achieved what the KKK failed to achieve. They have gained wide public acceptance as a mainstream idealogy, they have their media outlets on their side, and they have backers in private finance and government. Achieving all that the KKK has failed to achieve makes Muslim extremism something that should not be discounted and makes them a greater threat to the world than the KKK ever was. Whether to label it "foreign" or "domestic" makes no difference...it is an ideology. To make the distinction of how to treat it or whether it is a greater threat or not by checking to see whether the person has the stamp of US Citizen on his behind makes absolutely zero sense. The bomb carried by a US Citizen will blow up with the same physics as the one carried by a non-US Citizen.

Although domestic terrorism has existed for quite a while (look up a school destruction of children in Michigan in the 1930's) the World Trade Center bombings have certainly been the biggest-and the manifesto by this org. to use WMA's makes it a much bigger concern imho.Now-if the World Trade Center bombings had been done by white males from Michigan as the OKC bombinb was-I would certainly hope that the government would be paying special attention to anyone who tried to board an airplane who was white male from Michigan. I don't see that as racial profiling-but simply smart. If one has nothing to hide-I don't consider this an intrusion of any kind.Being a white male from Michigan, and not having any of the suspect specs from the latest and biggest attack-I have been singled out for strip search lately every time I board an aircraft.I thank the security everytime even though it means an awkward delay......but then I have nothing to hide....http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

>The terrorist organization which has killed more Americans>than any other by several orders of magnitude was made up of>caucasian 'christian' males out to 'protect' the white race.More by "several orders of magnitude" would suggest that the Klan and its ilk killed more than 300,000 people. You have a long ways to go to make me believe those numbers. This sort of wild exaggeration destroys the credibility of your argument at the onset.>I don't know why so many people want to discount those murders>as less important than the twin towers because the tens of>thousands killed were in smaller groups.Who's discounting them? And again, where are you getting these numbers?>Domestic terrorists have always been, and will always continue>to be, a greater threat.A great sound bite, but just because you say it doesn't make it so. What made/makes them the "greater" threat?Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Guest beana51

Very interesting ,and yes we are a violent country.Other than the CIVIL war,I can't find those numbers you allude to.Its true we have been at war with so called terrorists since this country's founding.The Indian raids,The British occupation,to include all the skirmishes in between,the wars against Fascism,the struggle against Communism,and now to include the coming and continuing conflict against religious extremists.It may never end you know.Of course one way is just to capitulate to those who wish us change and harm us.While the USA may not be blameless in all, I for one think we are a far nobler nation than most if not all in the current world.Like this forum,tell me where in the world ,especially the mid eastern world , can you find this freedom of expression.The USA is like a great Father ,with many unruly children.The states differ as surly as kids do in any family situation.However,we all support the father in times of stress,and danger.Injustice is wrong where it exists, and wrongs are continually being addressed to.Yes, our very freedom fosters individual,and group dissents.No ,its not a national policy to straps explosives on ones self and go in to the public on a daily bases and kill the innocents.Sure we grieve for our national tragedy's,those perpetrated by our citizens against our brothers and sisters.The difference is that they are condemned,and they are not glorified as a national expression of national policy.No virgins await a those home grown fanatics who have caused us national morning,but rather the flames of ####.And yes they come in many shapes,colors ,sizes,and sex,as diverse as the nation itself.No one group has a monopoly on domestic terror. While I can read what you say with an open mind,I cannot accept the labeling of what you characterize as "Caucasian Christian Males" This has no purpose ,other than to fan the thoughts of some sinester view of racial superiority. Which in fact the enemy wishes to impose upon us . I enjoyed reading your comments,it is obvious you love our country as we all do,many others share your views.Thank the "guy" above we can do it with civility VIN PS #### = a very hot place

"indian raids"Like the efforts to defend against the caucasion invasion of the "new world"? Like the resistance to the US government's repeated violation of treatys with the native american tribes, which were "negotiated" with the threat of force in the first place? How about the forced relocation of native Americans to to areas where they couldn't grow adequate crops or find game to feed their families? There were even incidents where native children were taken from their familie and forced to live in "schools" where their native language was forbiden and they were indoctrinated in a different religion than the one their parents believed in!No, I'm NOT in ANY way defending the Al Queda associated or even Palestinian terrorists. The US government gave the native Americans plenty of reason though. Fortunately it's become A LOT more resonable in the last several decades, so the native Americans no longer need to use violence in their fight for their individual and cultural survival.BTW: I am not aware of ANY of my ancestors being native Americans.

The British occupationThe British occupation!! It was our country. We stole it off the real Americans. Then you booted us out 'cos we taxed you....fair enough to that one. You're all just British citizens, 2nd class! And you're still not paying us the tax you owe us!!!:-) :-)Just being silly.http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)