Sign in to follow this  
TrainNutter

*HELP* with CaptainSim 757 Stabiliser Trim

Hi,
I just bought the CS757-200PW & -200RR in the sale and I’ve done a couple of Flights on it. However, I have found that the stabiliser trim doesn’t work. I click to drag it and it springs back to the default position and when I press the button on my yoke to move it, nothing happens. Note that no changes have been made in the control settings as it works perfectly fine on my other aircraft. One takeoff roll, I get a Master warning and blaring alarm warning me that the Stabiliser trim isn’t set - yet I can’t set it. 

Also, how do I calculate the amount of pitch I need?

Thanks, TrainNutter

P.S. I posted this on the CaptainSim Forums a day or 2 ago and I’ve had no response (yet newer posts have had responses). 

Are you waiting until after pressurizing the hydraulics to try and set the trim?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The trim has forever been a problem on this plane for me. The FMS calculated value and the value from the table in the manual both result in dangerously unstable trim setting at takeoff for me. It does however function for me. Make sure hydraulics are pressured.

You need to right-click on the trim in the FMS to capture the trim value. I have trim set on my saitek yoke using the flip-switch on the left-hand-side.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

You need to right-click on the trim in the FMS to capture the trim value. I have trim set on my saitek yoke using the flip-switch on the left-hand-side.

Yeah I have the same thing set on my Saitek Yoke. And thank you! I will try now

7 hours ago, JasonPC said:

The trim has forever been a problem on this plane for me. The FMS calculated value and the value from the table in the manual both result in dangerously unstable trim setting at takeoff for me. It does however function for me. Make sure hydraulics are pressured.

Yeah I have the same issue but all the hydraulics systsms are powered (As in no orange lights and no warnings for it not being pressured)

right click doesn't work. It just does nothing. Can't even set it in-flight

Edited by TrainNutter

You did load the flightplan and have the SID and takeoff speeds set before rightclicking on the c/g?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The other issue I'm personally having with this aircraft is that I'm noticing the retrofit panel TCAS doesn't appear to work.  Anybody else?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 hours ago, micstatic said:

The other issue I'm personally having with this aircraft is that I'm noticing the retrofit panel TCAS doesn't appear to work.  Anybody else?

There's a retrofit panel?

In the livery manager panel you can install it. Manual talks about it.  Just check the box and done 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

19 hours ago, micstatic said:

In the livery manager panel you can install it. Manual talks about it.  Just check the box and done 

Ah ok cheers :D

On 8/23/2019 at 11:33 PM, micstatic said:

There isn't an option in the ACE program

My bad. I mixed this up with the quality wings one 

• Like 1