sem

Is there a way i can fix my BIKF Scenery?

https://imgur.com/a/EjNqPVm

Is there maybe a .blg file i have to remove/ad or an ACF file i need to remove/ad, i would really love to fly out of BIKF especially to fly some medium haul 75/76 routes

Posted (edited)

Just to say I have the same problem with default scenery, at gate every finger is suspensed at about 30mt from the ground. 

Edited by riccardo74

If you're using ORBX' Open Landclass EU, there are airport files for Keflavik and a bunch of other Iceland airports surreptitiously embedded in that product.  They're found in the Orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery folder, and there's also an Orbx airport elevation file for most/all of those same airports placed in Scenery\World\Scenery. 

If you're using a 3rd party scenery (like the Aerosoft BIKF add-on), it's likely to conflict with the Orbx stuff unless you disable some of those bgl files.

Regards

7 hours ago, w6kd said:

If you're using ORBX' Open Landclass EU, there are airport files for Keflavik and a bunch of other Iceland airports surreptitiously embedded in that product.  They're found in the Orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery folder, and there's also an Orbx airport elevation file for most/all of those same airports placed in Scenery\World\Scenery. 

If you're using a 3rd party scenery (like the Aerosoft BIKF add-on), it's likely to conflict with the Orbx stuff unless you disable some of those bgl files.

Regards

https://imgur.com/a/kXb4xwG i have disabled the default and orbx bgl's but i still get this..

BIKF is one of the hardest airport to get running because orbx really screws with this one. But there is a solution somewhere in the orbx forum (german part) and I have it running successfully now in P3Dv4.

Posted (edited)

Hello,

assuming that you are trying to install Aerosoft Keflavik X:

Orbx Open LC Europe contains the Orbx Iceland demo which includes an addon version of BIKF.

As with any addon airport, if a second addon airport is added, there will be problems.

The Orbx version can be entirely removed by deleting or disabling

scenery\world\scenery\AECBIKF.bgl

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\01_APTBIKF.BGL

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\FTX_FTXG_BIKF_objects.bgl

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\02_APTBIKF_CVX.bgl

If you also have Orbx Vector, then AEC for BIKF must be disabled.

The link to Captain Frank's excellent fix is here.

It contains a readme which with Google Translate, anyone can read.

Hopefully this is a bit more helpful than

orbx really screws with this one. But there is a solution somewhere in the orbx forum (german part)

Edited by Reader

2 hours ago, Reader said:

Hello,

assuming that you are trying to install Aerosoft Keflavik X:

Orbx Open LC Europe contains the Orbx Iceland demo which includes an addon version of BIKF.

As with any addon airport, if a second addon airport is added, there will be problems.

The Orbx version can be entirely removed by deleting or disabling

scenery\world\scenery\AECBIKF.bgl

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\01_APTBIKF.BGL

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\FTX_FTXG_BIKF_objects.bgl

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\02_APTBIKF_CVX.bgl

If you also have Orbx Vector, then AEC for BIKF must be disabled.

The link to Captain Frank's excellent fix is here.

It contains a readme which with Google Translate, anyone can read.

Hopefully this is a bit more helpful than

I do not have Vector installed but i did delete the orbx FTX_OLC files for bikf and i deleted the AECBIKF.bgl file, and still, all the taxiways are the grass texture from default airports and the runways are also default, zoomed-out or from a distance the airport looks completely normal, but when you get closer the default ground textures bleed through

https://imgur.com/a/Nekusdl

Posted (edited)

Did you view and apply the fix from Captain Frank?

Edited by Reader

12 minutes ago, Reader said:

Did you view and apply the fix from Captian Frank?

It works now, i had made an error while applying cpt. frank's fix

Posted (edited)

You're welcome.

Edited by Reader