Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

I find the Nef River, Chile comparison specially interesting because it might be the first time we see autogen for bush and small trees, it's really well done !

• Like 2

North of El Chaltén, Argentina

5QaH3W0.jpg9JIzTAH.jpgn9J7oU1.jpg2zJPCNV.jpg

• Like 4

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Love these screenshots but it's a shame they didn't show us Mount Fitz Roy, which is located just around the corner. Is it because of the mesh? :ph34r:

volYkQ9.jpg

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Owens Valley, USA

xOJN5HN.jpg6VOZeuF.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Casualcas said:

Excellent imagery,  but I'll bet its still a snoozer to fly over.  Oh look,  more sand. Hehe

Kinda like driving, Nebraska  .... look kids, more corn

Oh I bet this is absolutely not the case. Africa isn't just made of "sand", you will find deserts but also jungles, canyons, islands with tropical waters, mountains, volcanoes... It will more diversified than let's say... Europe 🙂

Edited by Noooch
  • Upvote 1

Sion, Switzerland

n7eAK4h.jpgRY6Ivif.png

• Like 4

Southampton Airport, UK

gTxpPUA.jpgBX0Vbgk.png

I love the atmosphere in this screenshot. That wind turbine is interesting. First time?

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 4

Don’t think so. But being a photogrammetry area... is weird having that there. 

12 minutes ago, aleex said:

is weird having that there

Indeed. I couldn't find anything about this one on the internet.

I found this in the area where the one in the screenshot appears to be. Maybe it's auto generated from that? Though I'm not sure how. The trees/bushes on the side of the road are too tall/dense to grab an image from Google Streetview

3w7wKPu.png

2LqIx0F.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

I found this in the area where the one in the screenshot appears to be. Maybe it's auto generated from that? Though I'm not sure how. The trees/bushes on the side of the road are too tall/dense to grab an image from Google Streetview

Wow. Nice find. I didn’t see anything on my phone. 

I think that the issue then is the oversized windmill (no a new oversized war please). I will look at it later on the Pc. 

February 27th, 2020 – Development Update Screenshot from Alpha Tester User ID: Parorng

New Zealand NZQN Queenstown Airport Runway 23 Taxiway Alpha Holding point

The screenshot depicts the Queenstown Hill area hidden behind the C172 Sky Hawk tail and fuselage and looking out from the Airport plateau land overlooking the unseen Lower Shotover River that lays beneath the runway plateau area and looking out across towards one of the Lake Hayes Hills off on the right in the background and just further beyond to the right is the unseen Lake Hayes area and the other prominent Lake Hayes Hill towards Arrow Junction.

9JQgAPU.png

Bing Maps Earth View Map 3D of the same area.

Zvsw9CV.jpg

• Like 2

Ostheim, France

wFeQ4Jq.jpgrAG1HnE.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Nice find indeed. I don't think that this wind turbine is generated from the imagery (i.e. photogrammetry) as it isn’t 3d in Bing Maps and appears to be a different type of turbine. My guess is that either the AI detected the wind turbine based on the imagery and then placed a generic model there or that they use additional sources for these kinds of things such as e.g. OpenStreetMap.