Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

Saint-Étienne-de-Baïgorry, France

CtfzowW.jpgRpoeZG5.jpg

• Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

Don't you think there are too many screenshots taken in the US? This country will be flown over by millions of simmers anyway.

And Western Europe (see map below). I wouldn't say too many though but rather that they should take more in other areas.:wink:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1IJYlVvT9fy9VQ9voO6cp-JS3LCBGCetW&ll=-3.81666561775622e-14%2C-94.31516294999989&z=1

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

5 hours ago, domkle said:

My hope is that there are some people interested in trees in the alpha crowd 🌳🌲🌴

I am more than certain that Asobo is interested in trees more than anyone among us involved or not in the Alpha tests 🙂

In every screenshot that is not showing photogrammetry scenery, procdural trees seem to me, for now, 1 model (evergreen) and probably a rough range of random sizes. And the procedural evergreens are volumetric trees and not perpendicular billboards.

So I will be very very very surprised if Asobo will not refine this feature knowing that less sophisticated and older world engines for simulators have a variety. It's almost impossible the attention they gave to the world engine will end up having roughly sized evergreen all over the planet...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

3 hours ago, Noooch said:

Don't you think there are too many screenshots taken in the US? This country will be flown over by millions of simmers anyway.

I am always happy when I see screenshots of remote areas because I think this is where Asobo needs the most of the feedback from Alpha testers.

As someone already said: "The world is very big..."

Yes it might indeed be obvious to conclude that most of the screenshots from the Alpha testers are taken in the US based on what Asobo is showing us every week. I share your concerns that Alpha users might forget that "The world is big very big...."

27 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

In every screenshot that is not showing photogrammetry scenery, procdural trees seem to me, for now, 1 model (evergreen) and probably a rough range of random sizes.

9Xu2prG.jpg

But I fully agree with your last statement.

The two St. Barts screenshots are interesting. They clearly indicate that they're still fiddling around with trees.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

9Xu2prG.jpg

The two St. Barts screenshots are interesting. They clearly indicate that they're still fiddling around with trees.

Then I am mistaken 🙂 they already have more than 1 type.

Now are these extra trees part of a custom scenery layer or the procedural world (i.e: placed "manually" for a specific detailed area or part of the world engine procedure).

I am sure more will be added and these are "3D" trees so they require quiet some optimization.

But adding trees, as you know, is also scripting rules to plant trees depending on the right region/biome. That means if the extra trees are manually added for detailed area, maybe they have the models but they are working probably on the scripts to plant them where they should in the procedural world...

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

They are still tweaking/improving pretty much every feature on the sim, it's hard to tell how the final version (1.0) will look like.

• Like 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

2 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Then I am mistaken 🙂 they already have more than 1 type.

Now are these extra trees part of a custom scenery layer or the procedural world (i.e: placed "manually" for a specific detailed area or part of the world engine procedure).

I am sure more will be added and these are "3D" trees so they require quiet some optimization.

But adding trees, as you know, is also scripting rules to plant trees depending on the right region/biome. That means if the extra trees are manually added for detailed area, maybe they have the models but they are working probably on the scripts to plant them where they should in the procedural world...

I don't think those examples above were manually added to the scenery. But I believe they are still tweaking the scripts for the autogen trees placement.

Aren't those "odd" trees just replacing the photogrammetric ones? Maybe they are just testing the replacement tools for now, not caring about the types of trees. Outside the photogrammetric areas, I think we have more diversity of tree types.

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

3 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I don't think those examples above were manually added to the scenery. But I believe they are still tweaking the scripts for the autogen trees placement.

Aren't those "odd" trees just replacing the photogrammetric ones? Maybe they are just testing the replacement tools for now, not caring about the types of trees. Outside the photogrammetric areas, I think we have more diversity of tree types.

Yes I agree... This is what it seems hapening and how the process usually goes in such developement...

5 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

That makes sense.

Recomforting comments above😉. I’d hate to see huge sequoia in Miami !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, domkle said:

Recomforting comments above😉. I’d hate to see huge sequoia in Miami !

Yeah, but I have palm trees in michigan with the other sim lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Casualcas said:

Yeah, but I have palm trees in michigan with the other sim lol

You bet, I had californian houses and vegetation in Canada before I got (the essential) SFD Global addon.

I am confident MSFS will not have this limitation out of the box. 

9 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

You bet, I had californian houses and vegetation in Canada before I got (the essential) SFD Global addon.

I am confident MSFS will not have this limitation out of the box. 

Well it would be essential if my area were covered, and it's not. 

1 minute ago, Casualcas said:

Well it would be essential if my area were covered, and it's not. 

Sorry confused, covered in what simuator? 🙂