Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

2 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Leeds, UK

Now that’s a very interesting comparison as many details don’t match: the cars, those football field markings, the field on the left. I could be wrong but I think this is the first time we have evidence of MSFS using different imagery than the standard version of Bing Maps.

Seasons confirmed?

Oman Mountains, Oman

HTdfiuh.jpgpFFCtWF.png

• Like 8

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, aleex said:

Seasons confirmed?

I wouldn‘t go that far, although I wish this was the case. Maybe they‘ve just updated their imagery here.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

I wouldn‘t go that far, although I wish this was the case. Maybe they‘ve just updated their imagery here.

I'm pretty sure they have imagery that is not available to us (as yet..)

42 minutes ago, adino said:

I'm pretty sure they have imagery that is not available to us (as yet..)

Until today I wasn‘t so sure about that but now, after that Leeds screenshot, I think it‘s safe to assume that indeed they do. 

19 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Colca Canyon, Peru

qlThIdJ.jpg2nnVt8d.jpg

Good lord, I just saw that same exact shot in this Peru dangerous roads video today. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to this approach

RY6Ivif.pngTynjEky.png

The scenery looks really good here I think (well, apart from that one mountain in the second screenshot).

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 10:08 AM, Shack95 said:

Colca Canyon, Peru

qlThIdJ.jpg2nnVt8d.jpg

wow, now that you mention it, I have been there on holiday.. 

Victor Roos

On 3/6/2020 at 8:01 AM, Shack95 said:

Leeds, UK

Now that’s a very interesting comparison as many details don’t match: the cars, those football field markings, the field on the left. I could be wrong but I think this is the first time we have evidence of MSFS using different imagery than the standard version of Bing Maps.

Hi @Shack95 I've found the colours to be more vibrant in Bing Maps than in Google, it's one of the more redeaming features of Bing Maps I think.

UPDATE: Ok I've actually checked Bing Maps and wow, that is interesting, a completely different image to the one used in Bing, I've not seen that before.

Even scrolling through the different levels of detail in Bing Maps I can't bring up that image up. Great spot!!!

Edited by dtrjones
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 4:36 AM, ArchStanton said:

YDAdEzM.png

Silverlining-2048x1152.jpeg

Pike National Forest, Colorado, USA

Wow! that looks absolutely different.

Arches National Park,  USA

KIrdigX.jpgBn6R2DF.jpg

Interesting what MSFS does with this messy imagery. Far from perfect (yet), but still.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 3

Any idea what this grainy texture on the left in the Arches National Park screenshot  could be? 3d stones? It doesn‘t seem to be part of the ortho image. I‘ve seen this before in other desert screenshots but I can‘t tell what it is. 

Edited by Shack95