Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

37 minutes ago, Jazz said:

But how are you doing it?

In some cases I just recognize the area immediately because I’m familiar with it. Often I just have a vague idea where it might be and check it out in Earth View. In other cases (e.g. volcanoes) I search in Google and look at the images. I normally give up after 20 minutes max. Sometimes I give it another go a few days later. There are still about 10-15 screenshots I have no idea where they were taken. I know this is slightly pathetic, but I have to admit I quite enjoy looking at those satellite images. It kind of reminds me of the geography classes back at school when I would spend hours looking at the world atlas instead of paying attention to what the teacher said.

• Like 5

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

By the way, did I miss a detail about the road network in MSFS actual build? Simply because I did not spot engine generated roads but only the ones part of the photoscenery. Thus no vehicles as we saw in the earlier previews.

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

2 hours ago, Claviateur said:

By the way, did I miss a detail about the road network in MSFS actual build? Simply because I did not spot engine generated roads but only the ones part of the photoscenery. Thus no vehicles as we saw in the earlier previews.

The road in St. Barts looked generated. In one of the leaked videos the „pilot“ landed on what looked like a generated dirt road (or was it a dirt runway?). In the other video there were a few moving cars if I remember correctly. But yes, we didn‘t get to see much traffic lately. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

46 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

The road in St. Barts looked generated. In one of the leaked videos the „pilot“ landed on what looked like a generated dirt road (or was it a dirt runway?). In the other video there were a few moving cars if I remember correctly. But yes, we didn‘t get to see much traffic lately. 

Was just wondering if the roads will be flat vectors like FSX or we will see some 3D freeways and interchanges like the competition.

9 hours ago, Claviateur said:

Was just wondering if the roads will be flat vectors like FSX or we will see some 3D freeways and interchanges like the competition.

Good question. Can‘t remember having seen 3d freeways outside photogrammetry areas. 

8 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Good question. Can‘t remember having seen 3d freeways outside photogrammetry areas. 

Yeah, but again, the Engine is so advanced that I would be very surprised if the freeways and interchanges are flat.

59 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Yeah, but again, the Engine is so advanced that I would be very surprised if the freeways and interchanges are flat.

They will probably come with the bridges. I think the data they will use to inject the bridges is the same for the rest of the roads.

1 minute ago, ca_metal said:

They will probably come with the bridges. I think the data they will use to inject the bridges is the same for the rest of the roads.

I don't know if highways interchanges are tagged in the as bridges? I am not sure but the OSM data I use to generate the road neworks for the competitor simulator has specific dots and links for such intersections as well as bridges, as far as I know. Maybe Bing road networks are tagged differently. But then it's up to the engine to render these in a way or another.

Berlin, Germany

yYUCkTk.jpgvvuXhyU.jpg

• Like 2

Gozon, Spain

XPmQ1ck.jpgIqSf4Bg.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah, when I saw the road in the corchevel video I said, "eeew" first thing I would do, replace the texture for, as I did in fsx and xplane. 

8 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Berlin, Germany

With all those clouds obscuring the ground, how on earth did you conclude that this is indeed a fly-over of Berlin?

• Upvote 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

11 minutes ago, n4gix said:

With all those clouds obscuring the ground, how on earth did you conclude that this is indeed a fly-over of Berlin?

He's good, our friend Shack !  We see the Karlshorst racing track  through the clouds !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

23 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Berlin was my first thought guessing from the overall look of it. Then that race track confirmed my hunch. So there was quite a bit of luck involved.

• Like 2

Bozel, France

q9rGKsb.jpgncTuPwi.jpg

• Like 3