Sign in to follow this  
byork

[2 June 2022] UGCX VERSION 2.6 RELEASED!!!

37 minutes ago, blokr9 said:

just updated and now my pmdg 777 or quality wings 787 wont load. anyone else encounter this problem?

There's zero connection between the UGCX install and these aircraft that would cause this.

Something else happened on your system.

Cheers,

Edited by byork

Hi, 

I'm getting this issue where UGCX is not loading. It started to do this a few days ago on version 1.9 and thought it was something to do with it being out of date with 2.0 being released. I fully uninstalled 1.9 and installed 2.0 but still getting the same issue. Any suggestions?

https://prnt.sc/st29f5

This is a common timing bug in FSX itself that affects a lot of addon programs from time to time.

It's a good reason why upgrading to P3D would be a good idea.

Easy solution:

1. Rename: UGCX32.dll to something else like  UGCX321.dll.

It's located in your UGCX folder in the FSX folder.

2. Locate your DLL.xml.

Rename UGCX32 to UGCX321 in the DLL.xml.

Best,

Should the old version be uninstalled first?  It would be helpful if this is mentioned in the announcement.  Some products reinstall over the old one, others need to uninstall and then reintstall.  It would be easy to add that to the announcement or the read-me doc.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

13 hours ago, Bob_Z said:

Should the old version be uninstalled first?  It would be helpful if this is mentioned in the announcement.  Some products reinstall over the old one, others need to uninstall and then reintstall.  It would be easy to add that to the announcement or the read-me doc.

No need to uninstall first.

Cheers,

I have P3Dv5 & UGCX Ver 2.0.

With Voice Pushbacks with a Default Aircraft & PMDG B737NGUx work fine with Voice, however I get Voice from Ground for Tow to Parking Bay but my voice is not recognized & I have to use Key Command to reply.

Hey Bill,

No, he voice commands only are available for pushback ground operations, not tow to parking, neither the others ground services. This was defined since alpha versions on v1.0. Maybe Bryan can add up this topic.

Passing mic to Bryan

Manuel

• Like 1

spacer.png

Is there a SimConnect event I can use to trigger PTT, the same way I can send TOW_PLANE_REQUEST to toggle the UGCX menu? I'm triggering PTT programmatically depending on the state of my plane's ACP panel and it's a bit awkward that I have to make a key assignment for that.

Edited by die-hardman

Do you mean a Flight Simulator default event?...well currently you can just associate it to a hot key, OR a joystick event

spacer.png

On 6/17/2020 at 10:09 AM, byork said:

Check UGCX Manual #4: Optional Key Assignments.

It only says that I can bind PTT to a key by making an assignment in the ini file (that's what I'm doing now) but I was looking for something like this (copied from the same PDF):

REQUEST ENGINE STARTUP (NON-PUSHBACK) USING HAND SIGNALS:
➢ TAIL WHEEL (LOCK/UNLOCK)
REQUEST ENGINE STARTUP (NON-PUSHBACK) USING VOICE COMMUNICATIONS:
➢ LAUNCH BAR (EXTEND/RETRACT)
HARD MUTE (VOICE CONTROL ONLY):
➢ ALTERNATE STATIC SOURCE (ON/OFF)
SOFT MUTE (VOICE CONTROL ONLY):
➢ PROPELLER SYNC (ON/OFF)

1 hour ago, die-hardman said:

REQUEST ENGINE STARTUP (NON-PUSHBACK) USING HAND SIGNALS:
➢ TAIL WHEEL (LOCK/UNLOCK)
REQUEST ENGINE STARTUP (NON-PUSHBACK) USING VOICE COMMUNICATIONS:
➢ LAUNCH BAR (EXTEND/RETRACT)
HARD MUTE (VOICE CONTROL ONLY):
➢ ALTERNATE STATIC SOURCE (ON/OFF)
SOFT MUTE (VOICE CONTROL ONLY):
➢ PROPELLER SYNC (ON/OFF)

No the PTT event doesn't have a sim event attached to it. We preserved those as initially we had issues with users hat actually tow plane or makes carrier operations. We could reconsider allowing a default sim event, the question is...which one?..(without affecting other's users like tow plane/ carrier ops)....  :)

Manuel

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

the question is...which one

For me personally, a custom event would do the job. In any case, some kind of API event would also allow aircraft developers to interface their ACP panels with UGCX.

On 6/18/2020 at 8:15 PM, die-hardman said:

For me personally, a custom event would do the job. In any case, some kind of API event would also allow aircraft developers to interface their ACP panels with UGCX.

Do you mean a custom SimConnect event?, which you could trigger from your application to ours right?. I was thinking in LVARs, but Im not sure if that would work....or maybe a SimConnect event that you could send to us, then we can receive it. I'm sure, I have seen something like that somewhere, but I can't remmember.

Manuel

spacer.png