Sign in to follow this  
Inexorable

MFS2020 might be the SIM of the next 15 years

15 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

FS2020 is not even out and some have already put a bullet on P3D, XP, etc. I believe that many will remain with P3D and XP for whatever reasons. I highly doubt that FS2020 when released will be the most complete sim ever, it will have its short comings for sure. So, no, I do not believe either sim will be dead or not on par with FS2020.

Here's the thing, we already have all the equipment but for the first time we're being given the entire world, in realistic detail.

And those magnificent skies!

No longer will the planet look the same wherever you go- a pool table with little boxes on top.

Now we have a reason to explore our planet in glorious color and detail- just like the real thing.

I want to explore Patagonia, Japan, Africa, The Andes, Europe, Everywhere- it will all be different and unique.

The other sims will have their place as aircraft procedure simulators for those that want to go through the motions until MSFS addons catch up at which time MSFS will be THE simulator.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, skully said:

Here's the thing, we already have all the equipment but for the first time we're being given the entire world, in realistic detail.

And those magnificent skies!

No longer will the planet look the same wherever you go- a pool table with little boxes on top.

Now we have a reason to explore our planet in glorious color and detail- just like the real thing.

I want to explore Patagonia, Japan, Africa, The Andes, Europe, Everywhere- it will all be different and unique.

The other sims will have their place as aircraft procedure simulators for those that want to go through the motions until MSFS addons catch up at which time MSFS will be THE simulator.

I personally totally agree with all your points, but am not a real pilot and Im sure there are those not looking for realistic world detail or want to explore patagonia, japan, etc. 

My point is, even though FS2020 looks to be very promising (I haven't seen seasons, ATC, VR...yet) why are people crucifying or putting down P3D and XP, both will remain alive. Who knows, by the time FS2020 is out, XP12 and P3D v5 might also will be out.

Competition is good!

I for one, even with all of its shortcomings, I'm in for FS2020 and will definitely have a reason to explore our planet in such glorious color and detail, just like the real thing.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

29 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

...why are people crucifying or putting down P3D and XP, ...

I for one, even with all of its shortcomings, I'm in for FS2020...

Careful, you just crucified MSFS and it's not even out yet. Lol

8 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Careful, you just crucified MSFS and it's not even out yet. Lol

lol...nope you did...that fact that MSFS will have its shortcomings (just like any other sim) does not mean is dead or crucified.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

With MSFS2020, I need

a) PMDG's airliner (At least one of the 3 737 or 747 or their 777).

b) F1  Ultimate Traffic

c) EZDok

d) FSUIPC to connect to my home cockpit h/ws

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

5 hours ago, Manny said:

With MSFS2020, I need

a) PMDG's airliner (At least one of the 3 737 or 747 or their 777).

b) F1  Ultimate Traffic

c) EZDok

e) Zibo Mod!

6 hours ago, Manny said:

It will be very interesting to see if the Dowson 'team' (Pete and John) are interested in developing a version of FSUIPC for MSFS.  I certainly hope so.   In response to a question about this on the FSUIPC Forum, Pete said " Ask again in about 6 months."

Al

Edited by ark